Addiction on Ravenloft?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Nox
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Addiction on Ravenloft?

Post by Nox »

Hi all!

How do you treat addiction to substances on ravenloft?

One of my player became an alcholist and it's my first time with those rules.

I know book of vile darkness has some kind of ruleset about those things, are them good?
Resonant Curse
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Addiction on Ravenloft?

Post by Resonant Curse »

Lords of Darkness for Forgotten Realms had another set of addiction rules for drugs. Pathfinder has rules for alcohol that are great in the Guide to Inns and Taverns.
Jimsolo
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jimsolo »

3/3.5/PFS has rules for addiction.

Basically, whenever they do enough of the addictive thing that you think they might start getting addicted, have them make a saving throw. (Fort save or a Con save, depending on your edition.) If that fails, they are addicted and will begin to suffer negative effects (typically -X to attack and skill rolls) if they do not get their fix within a set amount of time. (The variables will change depending on the substance, obviously.) If you want to be lenient, you might give them a Will (or Wis) save to throw off the addiction if they can go a certain length of time without imbibing.
Hamiclar
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Hamiclar »

Book of Vile Darkness has info regarding drugs substance. I had a character addicted to agony in the last campaign I ran. I do use opium rings and underworld crime in my games make adventures interesting.
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Lesser Evil »

I'm afraid I'm too far gone on Ravenloft. My addiction is incurable, so it is to my lament that I can't help you. :lament: