Black Box thoughts

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Nox
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Black Box thoughts

Post by Nox »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:
ewancummins wrote:There was a conversion guide for AD&D 2nd Edition to 3E/D20.
It's not super-helpful, though. I've converted many a 2e adventure to 3e and never really used it. Just pick the appropriate 3e creature to replace the 2e creatures, etc.
I tried converting the "Night of the walking dead" from AD&D to 3.5. It's not that hard after all, only problem are those creatures that have been removed from later versions.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Nox wrote:
It's not super-helpful, though. I've converted many a 2e adventure to 3e and never really used it. Just pick the appropriate 3e creature to replace the 2e creatures, etc.
I tried converting the "Night of the walking dead" from AD&D to 3.5. It's not that hard after all, only problem are those creatures that have been removed from later versions.

Tome of Horrors has a lot of those monsters, or so I have heard.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/301 ... vised?it=1
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

That seems simpler, yes.

When I convert, it is usually back and forth between B/X and AD&D 2E. That's easy.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)