Discussing all things Ravenloft
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Paizo's "Horror Adventures"

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5livn

Looks right up our alley....
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
PMárk
Conspirator
Conspirator

Re: Paizo's "Horror Adventures"

Post by PMárk »

One of the things I like a lot about the artworks of Paizo's products (aside of the overall style which I'm fond of) is that the artists tend to do their homework and draw rapiers which look like actual rapiers. :) Even the artworks I've seen from the new 7th sea 2nd edition are kinda dropped the ball, which is a shame.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Yeah I've liked the Artwork for quiet some time as well, though we'll see with this new one. Ended up preordering this one. :)
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

Paizo Blog on the GMly section of Horror Adventures
Money Quote wrote:In terms of monsters, we have a template for dread lords who rule evil domains
Be still my beating heart.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Got the book and breezed over it.

It has coruptions that look like smaller versions of Dread Paths. It's about a 3-4 step process before you loose your character to being an NPC controlled by the DM but gives a lot of little different options of unique powers you can get. Multiple types of tracks from "Accursed" to "Ghoul" to "Lich/Vampire" ect.

Accursed for example you have to make a saving throw each time you excessively hurt someone and potentially when you have the chance to, failing such puts you one more step towards Evil. (Kinda like werewolf rules in Ravenloft pushes you closer and closer to evil)

There is DEFINITELY some influence from Ravenloft in the book, i headed over to the "Something Fog" (forgive me it's still the morning here but during lunch at work i'll be looking more closely at the book) and found that 'domain lords' can sometimes close their boarders with said fog. Definitely some winks to ravenloft here in the book, and there's a very small ritual magic part that I actually was interested in possibly using as a campaign hook.

It involves character in question having 'level loss' and basically the experience being placed into a jar through a dark ritual dropping them to level one. If the vial is to be smashed they get back to their original level. I liked the idea of maybe starting the character's at level 1 after that event having happened. (They also have forgotten all the crap they have done during those levels) so they sort of have a large part of amnesia. Sounds like the start of an awesome campaign. xD

more on this later, got to go!
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf