Campaign renewed! Help me with Ideas for PC

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Nox
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Campaign renewed! Help me with Ideas for PC

Post by Nox »

Hi all, i told all my players they will need a new/reworked character.
I give them some rules (only PHB1/2, DMG, all the Perfect..., and all ravenloft manuals, no evil PC, only good or neutral) to make their characters fit ravenloft without being strange.
Some of them come to me to ask advices. Now, since i'm not a pro-DM and i'm slowly reading all the books, i have some question for the experienced people on this forum.

I have the PrC list from this awesome community, but i'm not sure that's all. If not where can i find more ideas? Quoth the raven has something like this?

Could you give me some ideas for PC who will perfectly fit the horror mood and the world of ravenloft? Not a complete build, just an idea, we will develop the build around the ideas, not the other way round. Obviously I would apreciate if you tell me how to build that idea on the sheet (at least for the most strange things[possessed character and similar strange stuff], rulewise).
I thought some ideas around PrC but i'm looking for something else to give my player more choices and ideas.

For my renewed campaign I'm gonna use lot of advice i found on "heroes of Horror" as well as some from very old Dragon magazines (those things are amazing!) to make my campaign more horror/dark and less fantasy. For this reason i wish that PC will fit this style of campaign.

For now only one seems pretty sure on his character. The former Orc will play an human Good aligned archivist from "heroes of Horror". I tell you this to avoid two PC with the same class/skills.

Thanks in advance.