Ravenloft SVU

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Suvie
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Ravenloft SVU

Post by Suvie »

Okay, after talking about the Stepford Wives concept, it's clear that everyone has different boundaries for their RL games. TBH, my boundaries are pretty far out there. I'd like to post ideas from my games, but I don't want to offend anyone. I have written fanfic before that required a trigger warning, and I'd like to post some stuff like that here--what is the best way to alert people to (extremely) mature content, or triggering material?

Just for example, my group has had rapists and/or child molesters as adversaries, and we've written up a pedophile DL. We don't usually have evil PC's, but when it comes to the baddies, we want them as bad as they come.

Is there a place to share stuff like this on this forum? What's the proper way to label it? What about in the fanfic areas?
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Ravenloft SVU

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

I would say just make sure the thread title has something like "Warning: Mature Content" and then don't get too graphic with your depictions. Implication is fine. There's no need to go into details.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

Does that mean I could repost my adult Adam story?
Do us a favor Luv, Stick yer 'ead in a bucket a kick it!

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Manofevil wrote:Does that mean I could repost my adult Adam story?
I'm not recalling this story, or how graphic it was. This is something we will decide on a case-by-case basis. If you want to send it to me privately to check it over first, I can do that, but if it's something we've deleted before or asked you not to post, I'm guessing it would still be a "no." The same would go for whatever Suvie is planning to post. If it crosses the line, we reserve the right to delete it.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Suvie
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Suvie »

Ummmm...I just posted it. And then I read this.

I guess delete it if you want. I'll send the others to you directly.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Suvie wrote:Ummmm...I just posted it. And then I read this.

I guess delete it if you want. I'll send the others to you directly.
Sorry I wasn't clear. Was in a rush. I didn't mean that you had to send it to me too. I meant that if your crossed the (invisible, wiggly, and arbitrary) line of what we aren't willing to have on the forum, it too would be deleted.

Look, the point is, we want this to be a "PG-13" sort of place. We do get teenagers in from time to time. You don't need to be graphic to be horrific (if fact, it's probably more horrific to let the reader use their imagination). We'll resolve issues on a case by case "we know it when we see it" basis. If that's a problem, there are plenty of other places online to post your stories/ideas.
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Manofevil wrote:Does that mean I could repost my adult Adam story?
The story with Adam and the woman in the cabin? If that's the one you are thinking of, no! :?
That was much too disturbingly graphic and had too much details for here. I'm not saying it was badly written, I'm just saying this was not suited for here.

Remember, as Ron said, this is a PG 13 board, so if you aim to have mature discussion themes here, hints are your better friends!

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
tomokaicho
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by tomokaicho »

Arise, ye old thread, from the dead for I am the thread necromancer!

I wouldn't mind seeing the mature Stepford Wives story and Adam story (I have my own edgy take on Adam too, in the form of a 'dread possibility).
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

tomokaicho wrote:Arise, ye old thread, from the dead for I am the thread necromancer!

I wouldn't mind seeing the mature Stepford Wives story and Adam story (I have my own edgy take on Adam too, in the form of a 'dread possibility).
I suggest you ask the author in PM.

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)