Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Would You Like to Play a Game?

Post by Isabella »

Hey there, friends!

Do you like Ravenloft?
Do you dislike grinding in RPGs?
Do you enjoy people wearing old fashioned clothing in weather that's entirely inappropriate for it?
Have you ever wanted to go on an old fashioned archaeological expedition, but instead of destroying priceless mummies, priceless mummies destroy YOU?*
*(destruction by priceless mummies not guaranteed)

If you said yes to any of those things, you may enjoy playing The Eye of Anubis Video Game demo! Based on our own Fraternity hosted and Fraternity run campaign, The Eye of Anubis! Minor tweaks have been made to streamline the story, and some things have been changed to prevent angry letters from the spooky wizard who lives by the coast, but I think everyone will recognize the Ravenloft influence we know and love.

You want pictures? We got pictures!
VIEW CONTENT:

Decided to Try It? Great! Read the Manual or be Eaten by Zombies
VIEW CONTENT:
•To get to the game, download the file, then open it up so it will decompress the actual game for you. You may have to wait a bit even after it looks like it's done. Then just open up the folder it creates and click on the game icon.
•Move using the Arrow Keys, and interact with things using the Enter Key. You can hold down Shift while moving to make the player move faster.
•No seriously, don't forget about that Shift key thing.
•If you forget you will be eaten by zombies and people will laugh at you.
•The 'X' Key (or alternatively the Escape Key) calls up the menu, which you can use to save. When inside a menu, you can press X again to exit out of that menu.
•There aren't many places you can die in the game, but you still can. Also, there is a tiny chance I missed a bug and the game might crash (I don't have a QA team), so see above with regards to saves!
•Most people can be spoken to multiple times. Talking to certain people sometimes changes things later in the game.
•If you get stuck on a puzzle, keep with it! Most people have solved the hardest ones about five minutes after claiming they couldn't solve it. Perseverance is key!
We're also trying to get it running on Mac!
VIEW CONTENT:
The problem is, I don't own a Mac and thus can't run Mac emulators. We managed to get it sort of running using WineBottler, but the game irrevocably crashes at certain places and we haven't been able to solve it. If anyone can figure out how to emulate the entire game on Mac, I (and other people who haven't been able to play the game) would be extremely grateful!
If you like the game, and would like to help future development, consider supporting EoA on its website Here!
Don't have money? That's okay! The game itself will be free on completion!
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Would You Like to Play a Game?

Post by Zilfer »

Are all the characters drawing by you? o.o'
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Yup!
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

That's pretty cool!
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

This looks incredible. The original Eye of Anubis pbp was a thrill to watch. One of the best RL campaigns I've ever seen. I can't wait to try the videogame version. Well done, Isabella!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Hazgarn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Hazgarn »

VIEW CONTENT:
"Hmm, I'll just finish this part in Richemulot then go to bed..."
*carriage door opens*
:shock:
"I will not be going to bed tonight..."
Deranged Comics Fan
Strife-monger
Daughter of a Troll
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Glad you like?? it?
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Hello Beauties and Gentlebeauties!

The Eye of Anubis Game Demo has an updated version, now with Chapter Three included! Enjoy an all-expenses paid trip to mystic (slightly off-brand) HAZLAN.
(Warning: Hazlan may contain math.)

You want more pictures? We got more pictures!
VIEW CONTENT:

The Manual, In Case You Don't Want to Scroll Up
VIEW CONTENT:
•To get to the game, download the file, then open it up so it will decompress the actual game for you. You may have to wait a bit even after it looks like it's done. Then just open up the folder it creates and click on the game icon.
•Move using the Arrow Keys, and interact with things using the Enter Key. You can hold down Shift while moving to make the player move faster.
•No seriously, don't forget about that Shift key thing.
•If you forget you will be eaten by zombies and people will laugh at you.
•The 'X' Key (or alternatively the Escape Key) calls up the menu, which you can use to save. When inside a menu, you can press X again to exit out of that menu.
•There aren't many places you can die in the game, but you still can. Also, there is a tiny chance I missed a bug and the game might crash (I don't have a QA team), so see above with regards to saves!
•Most people can be spoken to multiple times. Talking to certain people sometimes changes things later in the game.
•If you get stuck on a puzzle, keep with it! Most people have solved the hardest ones about five minutes after claiming they couldn't solve it. Perseverance is key!
If you like the game, and would like to help future development, consider supporting EoA on Patreon!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Coolios!

:misroi: :maligno: :lament: :maligno: :maligno: :maligno: :maligno:
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)