New Podcast, Looking for help

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Quinntonia
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

New Podcast, Looking for help

Post by Quinntonia »

OK, I have been away from these boards for a little while and this is why:

I have been working on launching a podcast for my New year's Resolution. Our premise is of a fictional gaming company that is doing a podcast through their Communications department.

We want to focus on reviews of products and tips to make these products playable, with a special focus to stuff that we have used in game. That means that we are going to be talking about Ravenloft...a lot.

This will likely include our first episode, or possibly our first several.

We are hoping to launch early next month, and we are amateurs, so please be kind, but I would very much appreciate any feedback you could give or support that you could provide.

In the interim, it is going to be called "High Level Games."

Web: highlevelgames.ca
Twitter: @HLG_Corporate
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/highlevelgames/

So please take a gander at this stuff and let me know what you think, and if you have any and all suggestions for what you would like to see, please let me know.

Further, who should I be asking for permission from to review some of the content that has been produced by this site as fan homages?
High Level Games, the industry's first choice in taking your games to the next level.*

*Corporation may not exist except in podcast form.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: New Podcast, Looking for help

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Quinntonia wrote:Further, who should I be asking for permission from to review some of the content that has been produced by this site as fan homages?
I don't think you need to ask permission to review things. (Heck, that's most of the internet...) But if you wish to contact any of the authors, I think their contact info is included with their work in most cases.

Good luck with the podcast! Look forward to hearing it!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Quinntonia
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Quinntonia »

OK, so we are about a week or two depending on recording our initial episodes. I think we will be opening with Wrath of Adam, which I ran for my current group previous to them starting the Grand Conjunction stuff.

I really want to encourage folks here to 'Like' our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter so you can get updates as they come, and please give us a listen as we get moving. We want to focus on products that we have actually used in game, and since I have been DMing Ravenloft for like three years now that means that there is going to be a tonne of Ravenloft related content going up there.

Thanks in advance for all of your support and please give us all of the feedback!! :azalin:
High Level Games, the industry's first choice in taking your games to the next level.*

Quinntonia
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Quinntonia »

So excited!

So we have finally recorded, and we have talked the shit out of Adam's Wrath. Now it is all about editing and getting posted.

I so hope that everyone on here will check it out, and please be gentle.

Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

xD good luck with editing it! I'm sure there will be a few people on here that listen to it. I'll probably give it a listen too since I haven't run/know Adam's wrath. XD
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
Quinntonia
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Quinntonia »

I certainly will appreciate any help getting the word out.

Particularly since I have been playing a Ravenloft game for so long and have so many products that I have used to get reviewed.

Quinntonia
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Quinntonia »

So Part One of Episode One is up. It is available for streaming from our website and should be on Itunes in a few days if all goes well.

Please take a listen, excuse the fact that it is amateurish as we are just starting to figure this out, and let us know what you think.

Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

finally remembered to give these a listen. I've heard the 2-parter on Adam's Wrath and just started the next one.

Very nice work! It's clear you two have a love of RPGs, and specifically on going above and beyond the game level into the story realm. And your Ravenloft love comes through loud and clear, so you've got a kindred spirit here on both counts. I loved how you fleshed out the shipwreck part of Adam's Wrath, and also how paranoid of Adam your players became, and the tale of how they became obsessed over taking him out. The real "a-ha" moment, though was when you talked about how you took your Lamordian PC's quirks and made them part of the culture. A really neat trick! I'll have to remember that when my PCs end up back "home" in their native domains or meet their countrymen.
Quinntonia wrote:Our premise is of a fictional gaming company that is doing a podcast through their Communications department.
If I had one quibble, it would be this. The premise doesn't come through, really, and the metaphor seems stretched when you do reference the different departments, etc. I think you have good enough content that you don't really need this added layer. (And as someone who lives in the Corporate World daily, it's the last thing I want to think about about when thinking about having fun. :) )
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Just listened to the episode on Gaming as Empathy. Very nice, deep material. But mainly I just want to thank you for the shout-out to the FoS. :)