View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:24 am



Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Prisoners of the Mists - Online persistent Ravenloft world 
Author Message
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:12 pm
Posts: 68
Location: Canada
Post Prisoners of the Mists - Online persistent Ravenloft world
Image


Salutations all members of the Fraternity and Ravenloft fans out there!

On the Halloween of 2005, we first opened our Neverwinter Nights 1 Roleplay persistent world server "Ravenloft - Prisoners of the Mist" to the public, and to celebrate the ten year anniversary of this date, we invite everyone to take part in our recurring server and community initiative - the "Play-A-New-Character-Event".

During this event, everyone participating will roll up entirely new characters, giving all equal terms in an exclusively low level environment that provides the perfect setup for immersive and exciting gothic horror roleplay. It is also the perfect time to join the community as everyone starts fresh!

If you are looking for some of the best online roleplay around while meeting with new and old friends alike, you cannot miss out on this!

The event is running from October 30th (Friday) to November 13th (Friday) (2015). After that, the server will continue existing but old and new characters will once again be able to mingle.

Expect a number of DM events and special occurrences to appear in game during the period, but we also invite you to use our forums for planning things with other players.

If you are entirely new to the concept of true roleplay through NWN, we have a helpful topic here that explains the basics. In short though, think of it as shared story telling, just like pen-and-paper roleplay, like a MMORPG whose focus is on RP or even as a MUD with graphics.

To read more about this event, follow this link here, where we will keep you updated with all relevant info.

In game, you will be able to explore and roleplay in many Ravenloft domains: Barovia, Dementlieu, Har'Akir, Blaustein, Ghastria, Sithicus, Hazlan and even venture into the Mists themselves. Or perhaps your character would want to join the Red Vardo Traders, the Dementlieuse gendarmerie or even the Van Richten's Society. You create your character and then interact and join the world in a persistent open world roleplay setting.

Feel free to ask any questions; I'll be more than happy to answer.

Hoping to see some of you there,

- EO,
on behalf of The Ravenloft POTM community and staff.
http://www.nwnravenloft.com/


Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:07 pm
Profile
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:53 pm
Posts: 136
Location: Freiburg, Germany
Post Re: Prisoners of the Mists - Online persistent Ravenloft wor
This looks intriguing enough to overcome my aversion to real-time action RPGs for a moment and shell out a few bucks for NWN at GOG.com.

Does PotM allow for solo-adventuring (quests, dungeons, wandering monsters, etc), or is it all DM- and event-driven?

_________________
Nun gut, es sei dir überlassen!
Zieh diesen Geist von seinem Urquell ab
Und führ ihn, kannst du ihn erfassen
Auf deinem Wege mit herab.
- Faust I


Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:38 pm
Profile
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:53 pm
Posts: 136
Location: Freiburg, Germany
Post Re: Prisoners of the Mists - Online persistent Ravenloft wor
Also, the registration on your forum seems to be borked:
Quote:
An Error Has Occurred!
The user Skyrock with Email XXX@XXX.XXX (IP XXX) is a Spam, please contact forum administrator.

I've tried it with different e-mail adresses and proxies.

_________________
Nun gut, es sei dir überlassen!
Zieh diesen Geist von seinem Urquell ab
Und führ ihn, kannst du ihn erfassen
Auf deinem Wege mit herab.
- Faust I


Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:23 pm
Profile
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:12 pm
Posts: 68
Location: Canada
Post Re: Prisoners of the Mists - Online persistent Ravenloft wor
Skyrock wrote:
This looks intriguing enough to overcome my aversion to real-time action RPGs for a moment and shell out a few bucks for NWN at GOG.com.

Does PotM allow for solo-adventuring (quests, dungeons, wandering monsters, etc), or is it all DM- and event-driven?


It definitely allows for solo-adventuring, though we encourage people to party up and our dungeons and systems are more geared towards player-to-player cooperation than soloing. You don't need a DM present to play on the world; it's a 24/7 environment. We tend to have DM coverage for most times; DMs run plots, events, help with troubleshooting and possess NPCs but player interaction is the biggest driver of roleplay.

We have dungeons, quests, wandering monsters (the night is dangerous in Barovia), a crafting system, etc. You can sell and buy gear from player merchants or from NPC merchants or explore dungeons to get loot.

Skyrock wrote:
Also, the registration on your forum seems to be borked:
Quote:
An Error Has Occurred!
The user Skyrock with Email XXX@XXX.XXX (IP XXX) is a Spam, please contact forum administrator.

I've tried it with different e-mail adresses and proxies.


Yikes, this is the first time I see something like that. I'm going to ask our forum admin to look into that.


Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:09 pm
Profile
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:08 pm
Posts: 450
Location: United States of Whatever
Post Re: Prisoners of the Mists - Online persistent Ravenloft wor
Skyrock wrote:
Also, the registration on your forum seems to be borked:
Quote:
An Error Has Occurred!
The user Skyrock with Email XXX@XXX.XXX (IP XXX) is a Spam, please contact forum administrator.

I've tried it with different e-mail adresses and proxies.

Shoot me a PM here with the email address and IP and I'll see what I can do. If worst comes to worst, I'll manually create an account for you.

_________________
Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002.
Ravenloft: Prisoners of the Mist Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights: www.nwnravenloft.com


Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:11 pm
Profile WWW
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:53 pm
Posts: 136
Location: Freiburg, Germany
Post Re: Prisoners of the Mists - Online persistent Ravenloft wor
EO wrote:
It definitely allows for solo-adventuring, though we encourage people to party up and our dungeons and systems are more geared towards player-to-player cooperation than soloing. You don't need a DM present to play on the world; it's a 24/7 environment. We tend to have DM coverage for most times; DMs run plots, events, help with troubleshooting and possess NPCs but player interaction is the biggest driver of roleplay.

We have dungeons, quests, wandering monsters (the night is dangerous in Barovia), a crafting system, etc. You can sell and buy gear from player merchants or from NPC merchants or explore dungeons to get loot.
I'm sold then.
I tend to pop in and out of such games and play them rather erratically. So interesting things to do even if no players are around or no DM event is happening is a must for me.

Bluebomber4evr wrote:
Shoot me a PM here with the email address and IP and I'll see what I can do. If worst comes to worst, I'll manually create an account for you.

Done. Cheers for helping out so fast.

_________________
Nun gut, es sei dir überlassen!
Zieh diesen Geist von seinem Urquell ab
Und führ ihn, kannst du ihn erfassen
Auf deinem Wege mit herab.
- Faust I


Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:32 pm
Profile
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:53 pm
Posts: 136
Location: Freiburg, Germany
Post Re: Prisoners of the Mists - Online persistent Ravenloft wor
Things have been fun so far (although the learning curve is steep, and I have died a lot).
I've spent 9 bucks and far above on much, much worse games - and I haven't even tried vanilla NWN1 yet.

The effort that went into the NCW area alone is laudable, as I can attest as someone who has dabbled into modding with the venerable (and still outstanding) Jagged Alliance 2. Definitively worth a peek for fans of Ravenloft, even if you don't usually like modern action RPGs (as I do - I normally prefer my twitchy games simple and my complex games turn-based).

_________________
Nun gut, es sei dir überlassen!
Zieh diesen Geist von seinem Urquell ab
Und führ ihn, kannst du ihn erfassen
Auf deinem Wege mit herab.
- Faust I


Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:44 pm
Profile
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:19 am
Posts: 4309
Location: A Canadian from Canadia
Post Re: Prisoners of the Mists - Online persistent Ravenloft wor
I heard good things about this on the D&DVG podcast. Sounds fun.

_________________
My webcomic & Blog
5 Minute Workday

Ravenloft Maps and other images.


Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:22 am
Profile
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:14 pm
Posts: 4114
Location: WA (Land of lots of trees)
Post Re: Prisoners of the Mists - Online persistent Ravenloft wor
Skyrock wrote:
Things have been fun so far (although the learning curve is steep, and I have died a lot).
I've spent 9 bucks and far above on much, much worse games - and I haven't even tried vanilla NWN1 yet.

The effort that went into the NCW area alone is laudable, as I can attest as someone who has dabbled into modding with the venerable (and still outstanding) Jagged Alliance 2. Definitively worth a peek for fans of Ravenloft, even if you don't usually like modern action RPGs (as I do - I normally prefer my twitchy games simple and my complex games turn-based).


Not to steal thunder from this topic, but you might check out Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition that just came out. It's got sort of a Neverwinter/Baulder's gate sort of feel without being necessarily the same. Anyways....

Might be interested, I believe I found that play site before but never was able to fully join it for some reason in the past. Not sure if it was due to user error but I might try again since I love all things Ravenloft. xD

_________________
There's always something to lose.


Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:57 am
Profile WWW
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:24 pm
Posts: 5701
Location: Montréal, Québec
Post Re: Prisoners of the Mists - Online persistent Ravenloft wor
Great, and have a good 10th year anniversary :)

_________________
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)


Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:00 pm
Profile
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:53 pm
Posts: 136
Location: Freiburg, Germany
Post Re: Prisoners of the Mists - Online persistent Ravenloft wor
As a heads-up, NWN1 can be downloaded for free for the next 48 hours from GOG.com: https://www.gog.com/game/neverwinter_ni ... nd_edition

Just in case any of you needed a little extra push to give the POTM mod a little try.

_________________
Nun gut, es sei dir überlassen!
Zieh diesen Geist von seinem Urquell ab
Und führ ihn, kannst du ihn erfassen
Auf deinem Wege mit herab.
- Faust I


Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:17 pm
Profile
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:28 am
Posts: 269
Post Re: Prisoners of the Mists - Online persistent Ravenloft wor
I didn't see this post until 2 days later, sad pandas.


Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:17 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.