Gothic livestock

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Dion of the Fraternity
Lurker Maximus
Lurker Maximus

Gothic livestock

Post by Dion of the Fraternity »

I recently ran a short adventure where a pig watched the characters as they slept. This happened for three consecutive nights. They slaughtered and cooked the pig after finding out, only to discover later on that the neighbor's goat started watching them as well. Out of character one of the players asked me, "What the (colloquial term for coitus), DM?" I told them, "The goat and the pig were lovers, a couple of livestock who got their lives stuck together by fate."

That is all.
Ender
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Gothic livestock

Post by Ender »

This may be the best thing I've read in a while.
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Lesser Evil »

What was the setup of the adventure where they were in a spot long enough where a pig and then a goat could stare at them?
Dion of the Fraternity
Lurker Maximus
Lurker Maximus

Post by Dion of the Fraternity »

They're at the edge of a village. My idea was that because they were expecting supernatural villains, I decided to go 180 and creep them out with totally innocent animals that stared at them for no reason.
Dark Angel
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dark Angel »

I had done something offsetting like that in a friend's game when he came to me with consultation ideas. I said there will be a room in the dungeon with a single goat tied to a post in the middle of the room. The goat was enchanted by some (never discovered) other source that all the milk squeezed from it would be as beneficial as potions of healing. It was literally the least harmless encounter in that entire run and they had many encounters with humanoids, undead, traps, and illusions. I don't blame them when they opened the door, looked inside, and saw the goat, they told the DM, "I am just closing the door, enough with this crap".

Never was sure if the DM told them after the fact what the goat actually could do.
"One does not stop playing when they get old, they grow old when they stop playing" George Bernard Shaw
"If you could be either God’s worst enemy or nothing, which would you choose?" Chuck Palahniuk
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Dark Angel wrote: they opened the door, looked inside, and saw the goat, they told the DM, "I am just closing the door, enough with this crap".
Love it! I'll have to use that one. reminds me of this thread:
http://fraternityofshadows.com/forum/vi ... f=1&t=2950
(and certainly deserves a spot there)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."