Richemulot (1 on 1 Campaign Brainstorming) Long Post Sry!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Richemulot (1 on 1 Campaign Brainstorming) Long Post Sry!

Post by Zilfer »

So have a long running 1 on 1 campaign that me and my roommate fool around with. Think the character is approaching about 4th level? Have some 5th level NPC's running around with him. Namely Tara Kolyana, Bella Rose(Girl from a trapped faerie tale book called Grimm's Faerie Tales, and originally from real world boston, haven't nailed much of when from could be gothic earth? I know nothing about boston in that setting though.), as well as a doppelganger that's watched over his family.(Player currently believes the doppelganger to be one of his ex-lovers. This doppelganger has also masqueraded as his Aunt for a long time assisting his single mother over the loss of her husband. Mother does not know Aunt was replaced, but Eric(Player) has recently found the doppelganger seems benign and claims to have worked for his father before taking the guise of his Aunt.)

^That was larger than I meant it to be.

Anyways this merry band is making their way towards, Bergovitsa where he has some family curse issues to work out so he can hopefully beat the curse or learn ways to get around the curse. Which one of the main ways to avoid it is not have any children though he unfortunately has a knack for women finding him favorable in most encounters. Growing more strongly so the closer he grows until thirty years of age. Not the point of the topic but some background fluff for those who may not have read the threads I have created for crowd sourcing ideas. XD

So he's currently in Richemulot having been separated from his party by a second encounter with the 'Smiling Man'(read Toben) who has been recently plaguing villages nearby in Mordent as well as a few neighboring countries. (This happened mostly so we could do a halloween session with him playing his characters and everyone else having made new one shot characters). He helped a Jeanne Reiner reclaim an estate that had been left to him by Claude Reiner. (I was making things up on the fly for the session since it was a last minute thing) The manor contained Doll Golem experimentation. There was research into Golems going on here, until the point where the spellcaster of the home started sacrificing servants to try and animate the life size Doll Golems. In the end they sacrificed themselves or that's what the journal found implied. The group managed to clear out the Manor and return to Richemulot where they were invited onto the main Island in the middle of the Musarde River in Pont-A-Museau. It was of course a.... smaller out reaching house upon the island.(Since males are lesser in the Reiner family from my recollection, and Jeanne as far as I know exists no where in Richemulot save in my head) They returned the property documents, from the chest they had found, as well as the journal about the previous occupants experiments. They did not give up the Manuel of Doll Golem Making however....

So back to 1 on 1 again with my player who set up at the end of the session to look for a captain willing to take him down the Musarde to Borca where they'll move through Barovia to Nova Vassa. He is also looking for his companions who he got split up from. Ship leaves in a few days so I have time to spring some shenanigans on him from Richemulot but was wondering if anyone had any particular hooks they could throw my way with all this in mind...

I plan on possibly down the trail having a run in with Gundarak(sp?) since the campaign is a mix mash of future and old time lines including characters not born yet. Time Travel may become a thing to thrust him out of the old map to the new map too! Possibly add some weird time travel wonkiness! xD

Thanks in advance for any responses!
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf