[Savage Worlds] Ravenloft

Discussing all things Ravenloft
hidajiremi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

[Savage Worlds] Ravenloft

Post by hidajiremi »

A few years back, I wrote a rough conversion of Ravenloft to the Savage Worlds rules. Recently, I've been coming back to the concept and revamping it into an entire reboot of the Ravenloft setting with somewhat different takes on the world as a whole, in the same way the "Ravenloft Resurrected" project was intended to. I was wondering if anyone was interested in such a work, and if any of the luminaries of the Fraternity would be interested in helping out.

Currently, I'm trying to get a few pieces of art for the book so that it'll look a little nicer in final layout form, and I'm trying to get in contact with a few forumites whose work I'd like to include in the book. If anyone's interested in helping out, either with art or anything else, just let me know. Thanks!
"Children are innocent and love justice, while most adults are wicked and prefer mercy." G.K. Chesterton
hidajiremi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: [Savage Worlds] Ravenloft

Post by hidajiremi »

I count myself very fortunate to have been given the permission of the Fraternity to use netbook material for my project, as well as hosting the finished work here on the FoS. Many thanks to the esteemed members of the Fraternity, and to the forum members who have offered to allow their work to be included as well. I am humbled by your generosity!
"Children are innocent and love justice, while most adults are wicked and prefer mercy." G.K. Chesterton
Skyrock
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Skyrock »

As no one else has replied yet, let it be known that I look forward to it.

I prefer D&D and its many iterations for Ravenloft for purposes of traditionality, but SW is a very great system too (and better at many things). More choice is always more and welcome.
Nun gut, es sei dir überlassen!
Zieh diesen Geist von seinem Urquell ab
Und führ ihn, kannst du ihn erfassen
Auf deinem Wege mit herab.
- Faust I
hidajiremi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by hidajiremi »

Skyrock wrote:As no one else has replied yet, let it be known that I look forward to it.
Thanks! I appreciate it!

Also, to anyone who's interested in the project: I'm currently polishing up the Who's Doomed section of the book. Who do you think should be in there? Dr. van Richten and George Weathermay are no-brainers, as are Strahd, Azalin, and other darklords of various sorts, but what fan favorites would you love to see in the book? Keep in mind that I can always add a supplement of new NPCs later, so this is a question about who you think is utterly necessary to show up in a "core book" for the setting. Input is welcome!
De Montour
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by De Montour »

Glad I popped by for a look in.

Savage Worlds is my 'go to' game. I loved DnD Ravenloft but am not so keen these days on the crunchiness of that particular system. I reckon SW and Ravenloft could be a marriage made in heaven/hell :twisted:

On the subject of non Darklord characters that absolutely must be in the core setting. For me, it has to be the criminally underused Natalia Voriskova.
hidajiremi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by hidajiremi »

De Montour wrote:On the subject of non Darklord characters that absolutely must be in the core setting. For me, it has to be the criminally underused Natalia Voriskova.
I love Natalia, and I agree that she's tragically underused. I'd probably use Rucht Lilavivat's version of her, where she's a sociopath who creates serial killers out of a sense of dark fascination with ordinary humans who feel the compulsion to kill.
De Montour
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by De Montour »

That sounds interesting. I'm not familiar with Rucht Lilavivat's NatalIa. Where might I find this information? :)
hidajiremi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by hidajiremi »

De Montour wrote:That sounds interesting. I'm not familiar with Rucht Lilavivat's NatalIa. Where might I find this information? :)
His notes on Van Richten's Guide to the Mists and the unpublished Van Richten's Guide to Serial Killers. Hosted here on the Fraternity!
hidajiremi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by hidajiremi »

Many thanks to resident forumite Isabella for volunteering to put forward some art for the project! ^_^

Edit: Oh my goodness, you guys. You don't even know how good Isabella's work looks (or maybe you do). But you will (if you don't already)!
hidajiremi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by hidajiremi »

As a special preview of the upcoming book, here's a look at the cover art, a licensed piece by Bruno Balixa.
VIEW CONTENT:
And a couple of Isabella's lovely illustrations for the book!
VIEW CONTENT:

Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

beautiful artwork!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
hidajiremi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by hidajiremi »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:beautiful artwork!
Thanks! Working as an RPG designer gets me a lot of licensed art, creative commons attribution art, and gift art. =)

Also, the first draft should now be out to the members of the Fraternity!
De Montour
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by De Montour »

Any idea of when it might be available for general consumption? :)
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

De Montour wrote:Any idea of when it might be available for general consumption? :)
Soon.... 8)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Aslan
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Aslan »

I loved playing Deadlands before it became part of Savage Worlds and since the systems are virtually the same I can imagine this would be very cool to use. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with this. As already stated, the art is fantastic.