What are the best homebrewed domains/darklords EVER CREATED?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
ThomasEngine
Conspirator
Conspirator

What are the best homebrewed domains/darklords EVER CREATED?

Post by ThomasEngine »

Ravenloft has been around for about 30 years. That's plenty of time to come up with some pretty heavy-hitting domains and domain lords. I'm sure a few of them out there even rival Strahd or Azalin in terms of depth, coolness or scare factor.

Google searching for "homebrewed darklords" doesn't return much, for some reason. There's the "100 new domains and darklords" post, which has a handful of good ideas, and then virtually nothing else that's relevant to the search query. It's also hard to find a dedicated "fan-made darklords" page on the Fraternity of Shadows website. But I'm sure they're out there in abundance, and some of them have to kick.

What's the best homebrewed darklord or domain you guys have ever encountered, read about or created yourself?
Mistmaster
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: What are the best homebrewed domains/darklords EVER CREA

Post by Mistmaster »

I can't say if they are the best, but I'm pretty proud of my HB domains: Collodi, Skulland, Lazendrak, Zeindost, Pureterre, Harlington Dale and Espinada. You can go herehttp://www.fraternityofshadows.com/foru ... =1&t=10496and follow the links.
kourkenko
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Re: What are the best homebrewed domains/darklords EVER CREA

Post by kourkenko »

It is a matter of taste. My favorite one coming from the FoS is the Shinning Bay, coupled with the Paridon Gazeeter (also here), you can have an awesome victorian cluster.

For my own, my players liked one i made based on the legend that inspired the Beauty and the Beast (way more darker).