Is this homebrew broken?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
jamesfirecat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Is this homebrew broken?

Post by jamesfirecat »

Hey I just had a bizarre idea for something that I don't think is currently covered by any of the splat books.

Basically what it amounts to is a druid who is very in tune with nature/plants and the chief way it will be reflected in the crunch would be that they'd get their spells the way a sorcerer does, rather than the way a wizard/druid normally does (IE they pick certain spells to know, and from the list of those spells they know they can cast X spells they know of level Y every day). The idea being that they have a connection to the wild which shows up as more of a natural talent towards certain abilities and less of a "today I'm going to know how to do barkskin but not hold animal.

Since the general theory I've seen from most people is that due to the Batman Approach the Wizard spell selection process is generally better than the sorcerer one this probably wouldn't make the home brew version of druid broken (well any more broken then the people who can arguably say " I have special abilities that are more powerful than your entire class!" already are) but on the other hand I figure this might have unexpected side effects I'm not seeing when matched up with a druid/divine spell list rather than an arcane one.

What do you guys think?
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Is this homebrew broken?

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

I think this is what you're looking for:
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/class ... asters.htm

(I've used the cleric version with no issues..)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
jamesfirecat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Is this homebrew broken?

Post by jamesfirecat »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:I think this is what you're looking for:
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/class ... asters.htm

(I've used the cleric version with no issues..)
Thanks! That is exactly what I want, it just sort of made sense that druid's might take a more on the fly/less try to figure out exactly what the situation calls for, more I know these natural tricks so now I'm going to do them extra well, style approach.