Markovia Gehenna

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Hamiclar
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Markovia Gehenna

Post by Hamiclar »

I was wondering does it say when the two domains do their mist reshuffle? Does it happen after of during the GC? I was thinking of having it happen after the third verse suggestions? Also the Arak portal disturbance in the land has something to do with this also.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Markovia Gehenna

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

pretty sure it's during the GC canonically, but if you want to move it earlier, go ahead.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Dark Angel
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dark Angel »

Hamiclar wrote:I was wondering does it say when the two domains do their mist reshuffle? Does it happen after of during the GC? I was thinking of having it happen after the third verse suggestions? Also the Arak portal disturbance in the land has something to do with this also.
It was done during the Grand Conjunction as the land was literally reforming itself and that was the "as it lay" principle. Out of game, the designers probably thought they were better off elsewhere and used it as an excuse to fix things they had issue with.

Besides, the Isle of Dr. Moreau works better if it actually is an island...
"One does not stop playing when they get old, they grow old when they stop playing" George Bernard Shaw
"If you could be either God’s worst enemy or nothing, which would you choose?" Chuck Palahniuk
Hamiclar
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Hamiclar »

Cool they should be return to the core during the fall season, crazy storms from the north and possibly even from Bluetspur. Evil thoughts now thanks.
Dark Angel
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dark Angel »

I don't know. Bluetspur and Markovia work better as islands in my campaign (although I do like the moon concept better for Bluetspur, but have not made up my mind on it), but Ghenna works better in concept when it is not right next to the chief supplier of grain in the Core. Leaving it way more isolated also creates an atmosphere of totalitarianism that the priests use to maintain order.

Granted it would be funny as hell to watch the oppressed masses look out and see another land only to realize too late that Bluetspur or Markovia rejoined the Core.
"One does not stop playing when they get old, they grow old when they stop playing" George Bernard Shaw
"If you could be either God’s worst enemy or nothing, which would you choose?" Chuck Palahniuk
Hamiclar
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Hamiclar »

Totally agree their going to become exactly as the books have them. The effects of the change would have some pretty big storms with some possible minor conjunctions which would definitely attract the karget and their benefactor. Soon after I'm going to have them go after a certain Duke in Gundarak which may causes some more storms both political and godly.

Has anyone used the Dungeon and Dragon essential kits? I bought two and going to try them with miniature's we've been playing with. I've painted and found the figures and its way cool that I can still find old Ravenloft figures which I've painted so far I have the Zombie lord and werbat (monette can't wait to paint!.