Discussing all things Ravenloft
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: Currently the Frozen Wastes of Mount Pleasant Michigan

New Pathfinder/Ravenloft material development post

Post by A G Thing »

LAST EDITED ON 3/23/2014
Hello everyone... I have been working on this for QtR for a while now and it is just one of the many ideas I have been developing lately. Still considering at last count I have close to about 35 projects for QtR in varying states of completion I figured I should start to post a few of them here to try and lighten the load and get them finished and in our communities hands for use.

I have just finished my first round of edits due to the responses and lack of responses on this race so that it can better work in Ravenloft so I hope this version will catch more interest.

I still want advice on balance, crunch, setting flavor and the like but any thing you wish to add to help is appreciated and desired on any of my posts so please feel free to tell me whatever you wish.

So please check again at the alterations!

Madling Race FIRST EDIT

Pronunciation: Mad-ling
Race Description
VIEW CONTENT:
Known also as Chaos Kin, the Mad Born or Wildlings the strange race of creatures seemingly born from madness usually is known to other races simply as Madlings. They came into existence by those souls whose minds touched a distant plane of insanity while the walls of sanity were thin around them. Asylums and other places where the insane gathered slowly led to more and more of them being created and seemingly becoming a new creature while being the same. This sudden change has never fully been understood and little is known as to why the fabric of sanity became thin or how these things used that to enter into the bodies of the mad. Why these Madlings came to exist or how they can be connected with each other in their insanity is also not fully understood but eventually these strange occurrences were noted by some physicians and healers. Only with time have many Madlings begun to adapt to living among those whose minds are so different and yet the same in their sanity. While they have no real communities of their own as their race is so odd and also diverse they are constantly crafting an individual place for themselves and perhaps find a balance to their chaotic minds.

A Madling may look like any race of being for they are “born” when this foreign mindset invades someone who has become so lost in insanity that they become connected to some realm beyond ours. This strange occurrence happens rare enough but those families that are known to have insanity run in their veins might produce the rare born Madling. Even in this trait however Madlings are frustratingly different in some ways as some will remember their host bodies lives and may even continue to act similar to the person they once were, while others may become entirely different people and lose all of the past knowledge of their bodies forming as new and disturbingly complete individuals with maddening ideas of perhaps imagined or horrifying backgrounds. Some have questioned if perhaps Madlings are even really a race or just some strange mental phenomena or magical curse that has spread but no proof for these theories of their existence seems conclusive. Madlings however all suffer from a permanent insanity that leads them to behave off of normal and also know how to speak a language so hard to understand that only the insane may even attempt to understand it let alone learn it.

Madlings appear to follow few cultural trends, and these can defer with no rhyme or reason except their own strange and insane individual perspectives of neutrality but that does not mean that they are completely random or without any logical understanding. True some take to their insane natures and lose control of themselves becoming estranged from the sane people around them or a danger to all. Other Madlings have a semblance of reason or at least enough to function somewhat stable for a time. Many, desire to try and relate and communicate with those whose perspectives might not be as twisted as theirs for they often understand us about as much as we understand them. Most are the majority of the time only slightly mad and despite some odd behaviors or reasoning can manage to live with others most of the time, but others hide their madness only to have it erupt. The majority of them see the value of continued healthy living, relative peace with or at least tolerance of others and a respect for the existence of people and things. While others may be far too mad to care about such most Madlings are thankfully not so far gone and the strange lives some build for themselves might continue to stabilize if supported.

Madlings as a people cannot be sorted by behavior. They as individuals might be able to be occasionally predictable but each individual Madlings insanity may vary from one to the other completely. While some behaviors may be in bad taste or taboo to other people or cultures, to a Madling any behavior might seem acceptable or unacceptable simply because they decide it is so in their own mind. Madlings may or may not choose a religion and even then they may not understand how to properly worship their chosen god, goddess or even pantheon. Some Madlings favor mad gods or madness itself, or the far realm as their pseudo religion or philosophic ideal but others follow their faith the similar to their sane neighbors though not perfectly so usually. Madlings often but not always, find it hard to be clerics unless their alignment closely matches their chosen dieties alignment. Many Madlings also find that they must unbalance themselves even as their chosen faith or profession might call for a focused effort to resist their insane nature. Allowances while not expected by some Madlings are appreciated. Any groups, organizations or movements flexible enough to try and include and understand Madling members will likely find that they will be known by many the Madkin and the insane they speak to.

Madlings are very expressive and while much of what they do might be reasonably comprehensible, a good amount of their communication is literally something only another madman could understand. This is often expressed in their art, their work and perhaps mostly in their strange native tongue which has been named by most countries and races simply as Gibberish. This language is built around allowing Madlings and other insane creatures who learn it, to talk to each other in a way that both defies logic and yet has its own twisted rules and logic. Gibberish is thought to be an almost infinite language but needlessly so and its complexities change from circumstance to circumstance so much it is wondered if it is not some sort of strange mind to mind communication. The only thing certain about the language is that anyone who wishes to speak or understand it must be insane. Those who are cured of their insanity are surprised to find they can no longer communicate in the strange tongue, until they are insane once more. Many asylums and institutions have hired on case by case basis reasonably trustworthy Madlings (Who are most likely long term patients themselves) to teach Gibberish to individual patients so as to facilitate therapy and communication with some measure of surprising success. Still most doctors in such fields remain skeptical of trusting such strange methods and most fear the damage that could be done if the language spread to all the patients. The possibility for abuse by violent or manipulative patients should they gain control over or make plans with other suggestible patients is frightening enough for some to dismiss the idea completely.

It remains with individual Madlings to decide if they do care about and protect or even reign themselves in at times when they wish to defend something or work toward something. They will never be sane but they do not have to be crazy all of the time either. It is in determining if they can control their madness long enough that many people have trouble with dealing with Madlings for any length of time on something serious. In any place where Madlings are allowed to live beside other sane people it can become hard to apply the law to such random reasoning or behavior.

Madlings are often jailed or committed to institutions if they are unable to reign in their behaviors though most Madlings find this to be almost a necessary evil or a strange puzzle when dealing with other races. One thing all Madlings understand is that the other beings around them claim they are different because they are sane but say that Madlings are insane. While Madlings may agree or disagree they do acknowledge that to live with others requires a balance, even in them and thus they may or may not prevent such when other races judge they have been wronged by them by this arbitrary standard. This want of balance is another aspect of Madlings that seems to support their connection for all Madlings for some reason seem to favor this idea of balancing their nature with their lives. What this can mean from individual to individual can vary wildly but by all accounts it may just be a way that they understand trying to live in our world now that they are a part of it. However the reverse of this in that some Madlings wish to hold sane people and even other Madlings to their odd or twisted individual laws as well. While this can seem scary and is depending upon the Madling in charge, most times Madlings can make and administer their strange personal laws fairly and some lawfully inclined members of the race even claim that the madness of laws might be a way to bring their race to agree on how to live with these mostly sane people. Still woe to the soul who falls under the insane judgments, of a Madling who has given in to the chaos in their hearts, for their punishments may range from the absurd to the horrifyingly cruel or even to the point of inflicting madness upon those they torment.

Madlings are for lack of a better word, mad. No two are insane in exactly the same way, and while many can restrain their impulses, the practice of restraint is not something most if any of them would want to maintain forever. Madlings, usually agree on the whole, that their insanity is a fundamental part of what makes them both Madlings and individuals even if they do not believe themselves insane. They try to balance their preferred mad natures with their curiosity and drive to live and thrive in a reality that often is confusingly dangerous and harsh. They have trouble working with others or fitting in but they are insanely tenacious by nature when they choose a course and despite their oddities they are as intelligent and capable as any other race.

Madling Racial Traits

-2 to any one ability score, +2 to any one ability score. As creatures of Chaos, Madness and yet also the struggle of balance and imbalance, Madlings tend to potentiate seemingly at random in one area more than any other and decline more in another but some show no talent or disability at all in their natural abilities.

Variable Race and Size: All Madlings are created by an infusion of madness into a creature to the point they connect to the farplane and become permanently bonded with such. Choose a base race to determine what race, types, bonus languages, base outcast rating and size the Madling starts with as well as their starting age, aging effects, height and weight. These traits are the same as those of the chosen base race selected. For example an elf that becomes or is born a Madling loses all other racial traits but counts as an elf for all relevant purposes of race as well as being a Madling. They would be medium in size and would be able to select the same bonus languages as an elf but would also start with gibberish as one of their starting languages and would have a base outcast rating of 3.

Born of Madness: A Madling must have at least one of the two axis of their alignment be neutral. Lawful Neutral, Chaotic Neutral, Neutral Good, Neutral Evil or just Neutral. A Madling may not change the neutral part of their alignment nor may anything else change it short of divine intervention. Any effect that would make them sane or cause them to ignore the neutral part of their alignment they are automatically immune to. The non-neutral part of their alignment may still be affected normally. However as they are insane all Madlings suffer a -4 to all madness saves as they have trouble dealing with such. To seemingly compensate for this however madlings treat the duration and penalties of all madness’s inflicted upon them as if they were minor effects. If a creature attempts contact with the insane mind of a Madling, the DC is equal to 10 + 1/2 the contacted Madling's HD + Madling's Wisdom modifier.

Mad Resilience: Madlings gain benefits based on their current alignment. They automatically receive the benefit of being considered neutral, for one side of their alignment. Both halves benefits are added to their traits but keep in mind that true neutral Madlings add the neutral benefit twice to their character. Should the half of their alignment that can change, ever does in a permanent fashion, remove the old alignments benefit and replace it with the new alignment descriptors benefit.
Chaotic: Madlings who are part Chaotic receive +2 to their Charisma score. They also gain DR 1/Lawful which increases by 1 every 5 levels.
Lawful: Madlings who are part Lawful receive +2 to their Intelligence score. They also gain DR 1/Chaotic which increases by 1 every 5 levels.
Good: Madlings who are part Good receive +2 to their Wisdom score. They also gain DR 1/Evil which increases by 1 every 5 levels.
Evil: Madlings who are part Evil receive +2 to their Constitution score. They also gain DR 1/Good which increases by 1 every 5 levels.
Neutral: Madlings are all neutral so they receive a +4 bonus to will saves against any spell that would influence them mentally. They also gain a randomly fluctuating elemental resistance of 2 which increases by 1 every 2 levels. Each day roll 1d6 to determine which type of resistance applies for the next 24 hours. Roll 1d6: Fire, Cold, Acid, Electricity, Positive, Negative.

Power of Madness: Madlings as a race are attuned to all things and the magic that runs in their veins is as random as they are. A Madling chooses one 0th level spell every day from any spell list to cast at will as a spell like ability for 24 hours. Once chosen each day they cannot change it for another 24 hours but they can choose to wait until they first decide to use it for a day to choose which spell they pick for the following 24 hours. A Madling cannot pick the same power two days in a row and must wait 24 hours before selecting a power they selected the previous day. The Madling must have a Charisma of 11 or higher. The caster level for these effects is equal to the madling’s level. The DC for these spells is equal to 10 + the spell’s level + the madling’s Charisma modifier.

Imbalanced Behavior: Madlings are by nature insane and often this can cause problems for them with other races than their own. A Madling suffers a -4 penalty to all Diplomacy, Bluff, Sense Motive checks when dealing with any creature that is sane. However due to this they receive a +4 bonus to all Diplomacy, Bluff and Sense Motive checks when dealing with any creature that is considered insane.

Mental Outcast: To Madlings hiding their insanity is hard or for some close to impossible but they are often able to be viewed simply as a member of their parent race by most if they do not reveal such right away. A Madling who is revealed as insane to others increases their base outcast rating by 2 when interacting with those who know what they really are.

Gibberish: Madlings as a race are connected in their madness to the point that their communication between themselves is bizzare but somehow makes sense to them. A Madling starts play knowing the secret language of Gibberish. Only Madlings know this language in most cases but those of any race who go insane and stay insane can learn to speak it. Gibberish however only works as a spoken language for it is done using verbal, physical and situational cues and is too random and complex to be written understandably. Gibberish can be understood by spells such as tongues or comprehend language or spoken with speak language or other spells but the speaker or listener must still also be insane or they cannot effectively speak or understand anything. To any who cannot understand the language, it seems to be a discordant mess of expressions and emotions as well as strange combinations of sounds, vocalizations and actions that can change meaning to the point where two completely different strings of communication can mean the exact same thing. It is said that the language follows a sort of pattern only the insane can unconsciously follow. Insane listeners to those speaking Gibberish who have not learned the language may still attempt to make sense motive checks to try and interpret the basic intent or emotion behind what someone speaking Gibberish means or desires but they must be taught to understand any concrete true meaning from it.

Languages: Madlings begin play speaking the starting languages of the base race and Gibberish. Madlings with high Intelligence scores can choose any bonus languages their base race could, (except secret languages, such as Druidic).
I hope it says Ravenloft more now and I still would welcome any advice on this or any of my many other projects... I plan to release this and the new madness list/system that is posted below and I could still use some help on that as well.

I hope people like what I am working on and I would love to hear from my favorite community!

Thank you to Mortavius for helping with this!
Last edited by A G Thing on Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: New Pathfinder/Ravenloft material development post

Post by A G Thing »

Well since my first entry did not get many bites perhaps this might catch interest. I will be altering the Madling race entry with edits due to this response but I still want help. I really want to work on these projects and get them ready so any suggestions even by PM are fine. You may ask me anything so don't be afraid to ask the moon if you think it will help.

I mentioned in my last post my other projects so continuing this thread I will give you the list of mental disorders I have been working to compile in a simplified fear, horror and madness system. This list is of what effects I have worked out rules for so far. I have only posted the names of the madnesses however for the amount of text even in this lead is more than I feel comfortable posting. I can provide these rules for each condition as requested for your perusal to help me in fine tuning them or I can also send the full project if requested.

RULE CHANGES TO THE FEAR, HORROR AND MADNESS SYSTEM
VIEW CONTENT:
The main changes to the system beyond the expansion of effects are as follows. Once a character has failed the DC and suffered a fear, horror or madness effect they then use that same DC to determine the base strength in their struggles with that same effect. Using madness effects as an example should a character receive a phobia as a madness by failing at a DC of 15 then every time they try to ignore that phobia or they or someone else try to treat it all modifiers are applied to that original base DC of 15. This DC is static for the most part and does not permanently raise or lower unless described so in the listing for the effect. Mental trauma can be disorienting so the damage to the Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma ability scores and severity of the effects are still divided into three categories and some conditions advance or remain the same despite the severity based upon the condition itself. Each condition is usually considered separate but if triggered under certain conditions they can combine. When this is the case these conditions are usually connected in pathology or if caused in relatively small amounts of time can by DM discretion be considered to use the higher DC of the two effects and be considered from then on the same effect. However they still require that you cure them separately using this new DC and the linked effect may return if an attached madness effect is not also cured before they suffer another madness effect.

Finally, randomly determining madness effects (Even though I don't fully understand why a DM would do such!) is being developed along the lines of this new system. That part is in development but any ideas are appreciated.
NOTE: This list treats these issues from the perspective of mental disorders and while some have come under controversy in modern society and are now no longer defined as such for the sake of a more underdeveloped understanding that a world like Ravenloft might still possibly have they are listed as disorders none the less. The DM should consider carefully or explain the use of these issues as being treated as disorders if the possibility of offending others could result. Also of note is that some of these disorders could be considered highly offensive to some just based on what behaviors or concepts they entail.)

LIST OF MADNESS EFFECTS
VIEW CONTENT:
Amnesia:
Declarative Amnesia:
Dissociative Fugue:
Procedural Amnesia:
Declarative/Procedural Amnesia:
Selective Dissociative Amnesia (Psychogenic Amnesia):

Amok:
Autonomic Hyperactivity:
Bipolar Mood Disorder:
Body Dysmorphic Disorder:
Self-Mutilation:
Neurotic Self-Mutilation:
Psychotic Self-Mutilation:

Brain Fag:
Catatonia:
Catatonic Stupor:
Cerafl Exibilitas:
Catatonic Excitement:

Compulsions:
Compulsive Gambler:
Delirium:
Dementia:
Depersonalization:
Derealization:
Dipsomania:
Dissociation:
Doufee Detirant:
Eating Disorders:
Anorexia Nervosa:
Bulimia Nervosa:
Dual Bulimia/Anorexia Nervosa:
Chronic Overeating Syndrome (Gluttony):

Echolalia:
Echopraxia:
Expectations of Doom:
Formication:
Ghost Sickness:
Hyperkulturemia:
Illusion:
Intermittent Explosive Disorder (Blind Rage):
Kleptomania:
Logorrhea:
Mania:
Homicidal Mania:
Megalomania:
Pyromania:

Mood (Mood Disorder):
Motor Tension:
Muteness:
Mutism:
Selective Mutism:
Progressive Mutism:

Neurosis:
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder:
Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder:
Panic Disorder (Panic Attacks):
Panzaism:
Pathological Liar:
Personality Disorders:
Antisocial Personality Disorder:
Avoidant Personality Disorder:
Borderline Personality Disorder:
Compulsive Personality Disorder:
Dependent Personality Disorder:
Histrionic Personality Disorder:
Masochistic (Self-Defeating) Personality Disorder:
Narcissistic Personality Disorder:
Passive-Aggressive Personality Disorder:
Paranoid Personality Disorder:
Sadistic Personality Disorder:
Sadomasochistic Personality Disorder:
Schizoid Personality Disorder:

Phobia (Mild Phobia/Moderate Phobia/Major Phobia):
Piblokto (Arctic Madness):
Pica:
Pica Autophagia (Self-Cannibalism/Auto-Vampirism):
Pica Self-Cannibalism:
Pica Auto-Vampirism:
Pica Amylophagia (consumption of starch):
Pica Coprophagy (consumption of feces - Animal Feces):
Pica Discorporate Geophagy (consumption of dust, sand, soil, clay, chalk discorporate):
Pica Incorporate Geophagy (consumption of dust, sand, soil, clay, chalk etc. stones):
Pica Hyalophagia (consumption of glass):
Pica Mucophagia (consumption of mucus):
Pica Pagophagia (pathological consumption of ice):
Pica Trichophagia (consumption of hair or wool):
Pica Urophagia (consumption of urine):
Pica Xylophagia (consumption of wood or paper):
Pica Base -phagia- (guide for unlisted materials):

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder:
Psychosis:
Psychopathy:
Psychosexual Disorders:
Transsexualism (Gender Identity Disorder):
Psychosexual Dysfunction:
Nymphomania / Satyriasis:
Psychosexual Sadism:
Paraphilias:
Exhibitionism:
Frotteurism:
Psychosexual Masochism:
Necrophilia:
Pedophilia:
Voyeurism:
Fetishism:
Bestiality:

Psychopathological/Delusional Hatred:
Quixotism:
Schizophrenia (Schizophreniform Disorder, Dementia Praecox):
Non Baseline Schizophrenia (Schizophreniform Disorder, Dementia Praecox):
Delusional Companion Syndrome:
Shared Paranoid Disorder:
Sleep Disorders:
Hypersomnia:
Insomnia:
Narcolepsy:
Night Terrors:
Somnambulism:
Somnambulism (Sleep Eating):
Somnambulism (Sleep Working):
Somnambulism (Dream Acting):

Somatoform Disorders:
Somatization Disorder:
Conversion Disorder:
Munchausenism:
Reverse Munchausenism:
Hypochondriasis (Minor/Moderate/Major):
Somnolence:
Stuttering:
Substance Use Disorder:
Substance Abuse Disorder:
Substance Dependence Disorder:
Susto (Crisis of Faith):
Synthesia:
Taijin Kyofusho:
Tic:
Trailing Phenomenon:
Trance:
Trichotillomania:
Vigilance:
Voodoo Death:
Wacinko:
Wendigo Syndrome:
Zero Stroke/Cypher Stroke:
Capture Bonding Syndrome (Stockholm Syndrome):
Battered Person Syndrome:
Delusional Parasitosis:
Delusory Cleptoparasitosis:
Walking Corpse Syndrome:
Nonsense Syndrome:
Delusional Jealousy (Othello Syndrome):
Erotomania:
And just because I want to add it in...

PHOBIA NAME AND TRIGGER LIST
VIEW CONTENT:
The following list below is given to provide various examples of Phobia names and their triggers. While some of these are real world phobias others have been created or named for more fantastic things found in a roleplaying setting. A section at the bottom also comprises several phobias likely to be unique to or more often suffered in the Ravenloft setting.

List of real world phobias...

Aberraphobia: Aberrations and creatures with tentacles
Ablutophobia: Bathing, washing, or cleaning
Achluophobia: Darkness
Acrophobia: Heights (formerly known as vertigo)
Aerophobia: Wind
Agoraphobia: Open places
Agraphobia: Sexual abuse
Agrizoophobia: Wild animals
Agyrophobia: Crossing the road
Aibohphobia : Fear of palindromes
Aichmophobia: Sharp or pointed objects (such as a needle or knife)
Ailurophobia : Cats
Algophobia: Pain
Anachrophobia: Temporal displacement
Androphobia: Men
Anthophobia: Flowers
Anthropophobia: People or the company of people
Apiphobia: Bees
Aquaphobia: Water
Arachnophobia: Spiders
Arcuophobia: Bows
Astraphobia: Thunder and Lightening
Astrophobia: Stars
Atychiphobia: Failure
Aurophobia: Gold
Autophobia: Being alone and/or yourself
Automatonophobia: Human like figures
Aviophobia: Flying
Bacteriophobia: Bacteria (“germs“)
Ballistophobia: Bullets
Bathophobia: Deep submerged places
Bibliophobia: Books
Biphobia: Bisexuality
Bogyphobia: Bogeymen or storybook monsters
Bovinophobia: Cattle
Blennophobia: Slime
Brontophobia: Thunder
Caliandrophobia: Beautiful men
Caligynephobia: Beautiful women
Cenophobia: Empty rooms
Chaetophobia: Hair
Chemophobia: Chemicals
Chionophobia: Snow
Chiroptophobia: Bats
Chromophobia: Bright colors
Chronophobia: Time and moving forward
Cibophobia: Food (Synonymous to Anorexia Nervosa)
Claustrophobia: Enclosed spaces
Confodiophobia: Being Stabbed
Coulrophobia: Clowns (Not restricted to evil clowns)
Cynophobia: Dogs
Decidophobia: Decisions
Demophobia: Crowds
Demonophobia: Demons
Dendrophobia: Trees
Dentophobia: Dentists and dental procedures
Disposophobia: Discarding or losing things (Not as hording)
Dracophobia: Dragons
Dysmorphophobia: Defect or defects of body (real or imagined)
Emetophobia: Vomiting
Entomophobia: Insects
Ephebiphobia: Youth
Equinophobia: Horses
Ergasiophobia: Operating surgically
Ergophobia: Work or functioning
Erotophobia: Sexual love or sexual abuse
Erythorophobia: Pathological blushing
Faephobia: Fey
Friggatriskaidekaphobia: Friday the 13th
Frigophobia: Becoming too cold
Gamophobia: Marriage or commitment
Geliophobia: Fear of laughter
Gelotophobia: Being laughed at
Gephyrdrophobia: Bridges and crossing bridges
Genophobia: Simple sexual intercourse
Gerascophobia: Growing old or aging
Gerontophobia: Fear or hatred of the elderly
Gigaphobia: Giants and large or larger creatures
Glossophobia: Speaking in public or trying to speak
Gymnophobia: Nudity
Gynephobia: The female gender
Hadephobia: Hell
Hagiophobia: Saints and holy relics
Halitophobia: Bad breath
Hamartophobia: Sinning or making an error
Haphephobia: Being touched
Heliophobia: Sunlight or the sun
Hemophobia: Blood or bleeding
Herpetophobia: Reptiles and or amphibians
Heterophobia: Heterosexuals
Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia: The number 666
Hierophobia: Priests and sacred items
Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia: Fear of long complex words
Homophobia: Homosexuals and or homosexuality
Hoplophobia: Any weapons and or specifically firearms
Hydrophobia: Water (Symptomatic of rabies)
Hylophobia: Trees, forests or wood
Hypnophobia: Sleep
Ichthyophobia: Fish
Incantophobia: Enchantment and mind control
Iophobia: Poison
Ipovlopsychophobia: Having one’s photograph taken
Laboplateaphobia: A workplace or any places of labor
Latrophobia: Doctors (healers)
Lesbophobia: Lesbians
Lipophobia: Fats in foods
Manaphobia: Magic
Maniaphobia: Going insane
Materiophobia: Constructs
Metathesiophobia: Changes
Methyphobia: Alcohol
Monophobia: Being alone
Mottephobia: Butterflies and or moths
Murophobia: Mice (and rats)
Mysophobia: Germs, contamination or dirt
Myxophobia: Oozes
Naturaphobia: Nature and Druids
Necrophobia: Death or dead things
Negrophobia: People with black skin color
Neophobia: New things
Nihilophobia: Nothingness
Nomophobia: Being out of mobile phone contact
Nosocomephobia: Hospitals
Nosophobia: Contracting a disease
Nyctophobia: Darkness
Obesophobia: Obesity
Odontophobia: Teeth
Oikophobia: Home like surroundings or home furnishings
Ombrophobia: Rain
Omphalophobia: Bellybuttons
Onomatophobia: A certain name, word, or phrase
Ophthalmophobia: Being stared at
Ophidiophobia: Snakes
Ornithophobia: Birds
Osmophobia : Bad odors
Panphobia: Everything or constant fear from an unknown cause
Papaphobia: Fear of the head of a religion
Pedophobia: Children
Pediophobia: Dolls (branch of automatonophobia)
Phagophobia: The act of swallowing and or eating
Pharmacophobia: Medications
Phasmophobia: Ghosts
Philophobia: Love
Phobophobia: Having a phobia
Phonophobia: Noise, including one’s own voice
Pithecophobia: Primates
Planarphobia: Outsiders and extra planar creatures
Plantaphobia: Plants and plant creatures
Pneumatophobia: Incorporeal creatures
Psychophobia: Mental illness or the mentally ill
Pteromerhanophobia: Being on an airplane or other flying machines
Pyrophobia: Fire
Radiophobia: Radiation or X-rays
Ranidaphobia: Frogs
Scoleciphobia: Worms
Selachophobia: Sharks
Sociophobia: People or social situations
Scopophobia: Being looked at or stared at
Scotophobia: Darkness
Spasmenagaliaphobia: Broken glass (Neologism; no official name)
Spectrophobia: Mirrors
Taphephobia: The grave and or being buried alive
Technophobia: Technology
Tetraphobia: The number four
Thalassophobia: The sea or being in the ocean
Thanatophobia: Dying
Thermophobia: Heat
Tokophobia: Childbirth or pregnancy
Tomophobia: Surgery
Transphobia: Transgendered people
Traumatophobia: Having an injury
Trichophobia: More of a morbid disgust of loose hairs
Triskaidekaphobia: The number thirteen
Trypanophobia: Needles or injections
Uranophobia: Heaven (divine magic), the heavens (the sky)
Vermiphobia: Worms
Xanthophobia: The color yellow
Xenophobia: Foreigners, strangers or extraterrestrials
Zoophobia: Animals

Phobias appropriate to or specific for Ravenloft...

Progentachorophobia: The religion of The Ancestral Choir
Andralophobia: The religion of Andral
Anubiphobia: The religion of Anubis
Aryanaphobia: The religion of Aryana
Belenianophobia: The religion of Belenus
Celebraclementaphobia: The religion of The Celebrants of Humanity
Impericclesiaphobia: The religion of The Empyrean Church
Erlinitophobia: The religion of Erlin
Aetereternestedicerephobia: The religion of The Eternal Order
Ezranophobia: The religion of Ezra
Deusumbralvindictamophobia: The religion of The God of Dark Vengeance
Halanophobia: The religion of Hala
Isisoliteophobia: The religion of Isis
Kalinophobia: The religion of Kali
Lexaddophobia: The religion of The Lawgiver
Malarophobia: The religion of Malar
Merrshaulkanophobia: The religion of Merrshaulk
Mililanophobia: The religion of Milil
Manedominophobia: The religion of The Morninglord
Osirianophobia: The religion of Osiris
Curatophobia: The religion of The Overseer
Raphobia: The religion of Ra
Setophobia: The religion of Set
Sobekitophobia: The religion of Sobek
Araneareginaphobia: The religion of The Spider Queen
Stramendeuphobia: The religion of The Straw God
Milledeuphobia: The religion of The Thousand Gods
Tvashtranophobia: The religion of Tvashtri
Vecnaphobia: The religion of Vecna
Verundianophobia: The religion of Verundus
Lupudeuphobia: The religion of The Wolf God
Zhakatanophobia: The religion of Zhakata
Kathophobia: Natives of Al Kathos
Barophobia: Natives of Barovia
Blaustophobia: Natives of Blaustein
Bluetspuphobia: Anything having to do with Bluetspur
Borcanophobia: Natives of Borca
Cavitiosophobia: Anything having to do with Cavitius
Daraninophobia: Anything having to do with Darani
Darkonophobia: Natives of Darkon
Dementlieunophobia: Natives of Dementlieu
Falkovniophobia: Natives of Falkovnia
Farelleanophobia: Natives of Farelle
G'Hennophobia: Natives of G’Henne
Ghastrianophobia: Natives of Ghastria
Grabennitanophobia: Natives of Graben
Graefmottenophobia: Natives of Graefmotte
Har'Akirinaphobia: Natives of Har’Akir
Hazlaninophobia: Natives of Hazlan
Histavnophobia: Natives of Histaven
I'Catharanophobia: Natives of I’Cath
Invidianophobia: Natives of Invidia
Kalidnianophobia: Natives of Kalidnay
Kartakanophobia: Natives of Kartakass
Kislovnianophobia: Natives of Kislova
L'Moraiphobia: Natives of L’Morai
Lamordianophobia: Natives of Lamordia
Liffitanophobia: Natives of Liffe
Malosianophobia: Natives of Malosia
Maridrarianophobia: Natives of Maridrar
Monadhanarianophobia: Natives of Monadhan
Mordentlophobia: Natives of Mordent
Nidalianophoba: Natives of Nidala
Nososeanophobia: Natives of Nosos
Novavaasarianophobia: Natives of Nova Vaasa
Odiarrianophobia: Natives of Odiare
Paridonianophobia: Natives of Paridon
Pharazianaphobia: Natives of Pharazia
Richemulanophobia: Natives of Richemulot
Risibilophobia: Natives of Risibilos
Rokusatophobia: Natives of Rokushima Táiyoo
Sanguinitophobia: Natives of Sanguinia
Hylodrogorthalassophobia: The area known as Saragoss
Sithicianatophobia: Natives of Sithicus
Rajionaphobia: Natives of Sri Raji
Stauntophobia: Natives of Staunton Bluffs
Suhndianophobia: Natives of Sunderheart
Tepestanophobia: Natives of Tepest
Hypnoterraphobia: The Nightmare Lands
Umbracavusophobia: The Shadow Rift
Materianemorbarathrophobia: Anything having to do with Timbergorge
Timorabysratrusophobia: The caverns of the domain of Timor
Tovagiophobia: Anything having to do with Tovag
Valachanianophobia: Natives of Valachan
Vechoriteterophobia: Natives of Vechor
Vechormaniotophobia: The land of Vechor
Vechoranmaniaomniphobia: Anything having to do with Vechor
Verbrekerophobia: Natives of Verbrek
Vorostophobia: Natives of Vorostokov
Agriterrasaurophobia: The Wildlands
Umbranofaephobia: Shadow Fey
Faemetaphobia: Changlings
Sanguivoriphobia: Vampires and vampirism
Lycanthrophobia: Lycanthropes
Canislupislycanthrophobia: Werewolves
Homichlophobia: Fog or Mists
Kinemortophobia: Zombies
Teratophobia: Monsters or birthing a malformed child
Anthropophagusaphobia: Cannibals and cannibalism
Timorteratoabducophobia: The Marikith
Maleficavenatophobia: Witch hunters
Vistanophobia: Vistani
Gadhospaphobia: Outsiders from beyond the mists
Chronoparalumbraphobia: The Time of Unparalleled Darkness
Fraternitatumbraphobia: The Fraternity of Shadows
Last edited by A G Thing on Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

Well to start it off on this post I figured I would post some of the new fear effects I have developed to expand the list in the new Fear, Horror and Madness system I have been working on. These effects are meant to give more variety to fear and danger to creatures that do not horrify or shatter your mind but simply prey upon fear. While nothing says a creature cannot be both or all three sometimes having a variety of effects to work with can make each persons fear seem a little more unique in each situation.

Fear Effects List - New effects described below.

Fear Effects - d%
Dread - 1-15
Shaken - 16-35
Frightened - 36-65
Panicked - 66-90
Faint - 91-100
Terrified - Special

NEW FEAR EFFECT DESCRIPTIONS
VIEW CONTENT:
Dread: Dread is fear caused not by what is scary but the anticipation of what is thought or known to be dangerous or fearful. Dread is when you know the danger you have only heard of may be close but is unrevealed. When Fear save is made for something that is not truly dangerous but at least inspires fear it causes dread. Dread can come as a result of a story or rumor of something terrible but it also rises from the anticipation of the horrible and dangerous being close. Sounds in the night, being blinded in the dark, not knowing what is stalking you exactly and predictions of a terrible fate all might inspire dread. Dread causes a -1 penalty to all rolls that lasts 5d6 minutes. If a character is forced to make a Fear save due to real danger while under the dread fear effect, they automatically become shaken even if they make the fear save.

Faint: It is a natural response when fear becomes overwhelming sometimes for the mind and body to fall into unconsciousness. Anytime a character fails a fear save that has a DC of 20 or higher and they are already suffering the panicked fear effect or this is determined on a percentile roll, they must make a fortitude save at the same DC as the failed fear save or fall unconscious for 5d6 minutes. Upon awaking they are considered stunned and shaken for 1 round. The character may be woken up by another person who performs a heal check at the DC of the failed fear save but otherwise they may not choose to wake themselves. They can still make perception checks with the -10 penalty to hear what is going around them in a distorted fashion.

Terrified: Terror is when fear of a pervasive danger is made a constant thought by both the frequency of the danger and the suddenness with which this fearful danger strikes. These real known threats can shake the fabric of entire communities with just fear alone. When a character fails another fear save while suffering under the panicked condition becomes terrified after the duration of the panicked effect expires. For the next 24 hours the terrified character suffers a -1 penalty to all fear, horror and madness saves. If they fail another fear save before the 24 hours has passed increase the duration by 24 hours and increase the penalty to -2 on all fear, horror and madness saves starting after the duration of the new effect has expired. Further failed fear saves continue to increase the penalty to a maximum of -5 and add to the duration up to 120 hours. Once the duration has expired the effect ends and all penalties are removed. Failed horror saves during the duration of the terrified condition have their numeric effects doubled for the duration of the terrified condition. If the terrified effect ends before the horror effect does then reduce the remaining duration and the increased penalties of the horror effect by half. Failed madness saves during the terrified condition cause the character become confused for 5d6 rounds while still terrified in addition to the madness effect.
I hope you like this little sample and feel free to comment on anything on any of my posts on this thread. Looking for advice of all kinds so please post if you want to. :)
Mortavius
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mortavius »

As a response to your race, I don't really see anything wrong with it...

But I'm left with the question of, why? I don't see a reason for this race to exist. How does it fit into the setting? Where is their connection? For example, there aren't Goblins in Tepest just because; they fit with the theme of the domain. Vampires in Barovia, etc.

I think the problem is that it's a whole race. If it were an individual monster, then it's easy to drop in or not, it can be explained why it hasn't appeared prior to now, etc. But when it's presented as a whole race, then you view it as there are a larger number of these beings present in the setting. Which brings up the question of how do they fit, where have they been, etc.

I'm not trying to dump on your idea. I see nothing really wrong with it as presented. But I feel no desire to incorporate it into my game. There's nothing there that screams to me "This fits perfectly right <insert domain> here!"
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

Thank you Mortavius! :)

I see what you mean. What would you think if I make it more of a template sort of race then? The idea I got from what your saying is making it more like how Aasimars, Tieflings and Calibans are treated in that their race is considered to be the same for all races but you only change the size category to apply it to smaller character races.

Perhaps they could be people who have been permanently infused with madness or were born to normal parents but touched distantly or even directly by madness so much so that it connected them with the far plane? They could also be considered strange occurrences in asylums or arise in twisted domains or as part of mindflayer experimentation?

They would still be race then, but not a true people with their own culture. They could fit in any domain then and be considered to be outcasts or oddities. It would perhaps take a little modification but I can see it making them much more flexible. Perhaps an outcast rating or such. I will update the post within the week and advertise it with my next post so people can check it out!

Keep it coming... And thanks again! :D
"There is only one true answer to any and every question. The rest are just vagaries and obfuscations."
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

Hello everyone! Been working hard to get things going on many of my projects and so far I have been making a lot of progress. The Madling race in my first post, has gone through extensive rewrites in both fluff and crunch to the point it is almost completely different so please feel free to tell me if the updates have made it more palatable to use in Ravenloft. Of course any advice or suggestions in any of my previous posts are welcome.

But as for this post I just finished most of the crunch details on one of the 4th edition Darklords I am updating for Pathfinder rules. I think this is a fairly decent but also pretty powerful lord but looking at all the 4th edition Darklords, they mostly are fairly powerful.
I have been adapting the fluff for these domains and their lords so as to fit with my ideas about how the setting could have been affected by and having survived then reformed after the Time of Unparalleled Darkness which I viewed as the rise of the Shadowfell and temporary scattering of Ravenloft throughout this realm of darkness. The fluff will be added to a full article that will present all of these domains fully adapted as to work with Pathfinder and 3.5 rules giving domain information and takes on the background and histories both true and false that let them become a part of the campaign setting.

Anyways here are the mostly crunch statistics for Silvermaw the Treant Darklord of Timbergorge!!!
VIEW CONTENT:
Silvermaw Darklord of Timbergorge

This massive rotting animated tree’s bark is knotted and charred into vaguely twisted and enraged humanoid features. A charred maw filled with points coated with once molten silver gnashes and clangs while thick arm branches sweep in devastating swathes. Massive roots for legs carry it forward as rippling vines of black flowers writhe growing constantly and dying along its chosen path.

Timeline
c724 BC Silvermaw begins Guardianship of Timbergorge in the Feywild.
c727 BC Timbergorge undergoes worldfall on the Material Plane. Silvermaw is deceived and lets in the members of the Metsuri clan.
c727 BC Silvermaw assaults the Metsuri clan trying to violently drive them away and is burned nearly to death.
c727 BC Timbergorge is cut from the Feywild and taken into the Shadowfell.
c728 BC Silvermaw awakens and discovers the trapped and now lycanthropically cursed Metsuri clan and starts a genocidal campaign of vengeance against them while harming the land and creatures he once sought to protect in the crossfire.
c728 BC Timbergorge becomes a domain of dread. Silvermaw becomes the darklord of Timbergorge.
760 BC Present day.

Powers Checks
Caress (Assault Grievous and Betrayal Major: tries to drive out the humans violently: 5%; c667 BC): Slow Death.
Enticement (Torture Sadistic: Impales victims dead or alive on burnt trees from the first fire: AUD%; c667 BC): Vengeful Slam.
Invitation (Defilement: Destroys the purity of the land while trying to protect it: AUD%; c667 BC): Resilient Nature.
Embrace (Desecration: Leeches life from the land and corrupts it by accepting the darkness into himself to live for revenge: AUD%; c667 BC): Dormancy
Creature (Attempted Genocide: Does everything in his power to kill the Metsuri clan completely: AUD%; c668 BC): Blanket of Black Flowers.
Darklord (Betrayal Major: Harms the land and the creatures he had sworn to protect blinded by vengeance: 9%; c668 BC): Becomes Darklord of the Timbergorge.

Silvermaw
Darklord of Timbergorge
Corrupted Treant CR 21
XP 409,600
NE Huge plant
Init 4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +45
Defense
AC 38, touch 8, flat-footed 38 ( +40 natural, –2 size)
hp 392 (38d8+268)
Fort +29, Ref +15, Will +19
Defensive Abilities plant traits; darklord traits; DR 15/slashing
Weaknesses vulnerability to fire
Offense
Speed 30 ft.
Melee 1 bite +38 (3d6+10/19–20) Special: Silvermaw’s teeth are silvered, 2 slams +38 (2d6+10/19–20)
Ranged rock +38 (2d6+10)
Space 15 ft.; Reach 15 ft.
Special Attacks rock throwing (180 ft.), trample (2d6+14, DC 25), Blanket of Black Flowers 10ft (5d6 + DC 15), Vengeful Slam +38 (2d6+10/19–20)
Statistics
Str 30, Dex 11, Con 22, Int 16, Wis 18, Cha 8
Base Atk +28; CMB +40; CMD 50
Feats Alertness, Awesome Blow, Cleave, Great Fortitude, Greater Sunder, Greater Trip, Improved Bullrush, Improved Critical (slam) , Improved Critical (bite), Improved Initiative, Intimidating Prowess, Improved Natural Attack (bite), Improved Sunder, Improved Trip, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Multiattack, Power Attack, Weapon Focus (slam), Weapon Focus (bite)
Skills Diplomacy +27 (+6 with OR), Intimidate +40 (+61 with OR), Knowledge (nature) +44, Perception +45, Sense Motive +45, Stealth +8 (+24 in forests); Racial Modifiers +16 Stealth in forests, OR +21
Languages Common, Elven, Sylvan, Treant
SQ Animate Trees, Dormancy, Double Damage Against Objects, Treespeech, Resilient Nature, Slow Death
Ecology
Environment any forest
Organization solitary or grove (2–7)
Treasure standard
Special Abilities
Animate Trees (Sp): Silvermaw can animate any trees within 180 feet at will, controlling up to two trees at a time. It takes 1 full round for a tree to uproot itself, after which it moves at a speed of 10 feet and fights as a treant (although it has only one slam attack and lacks the treant’s animation and rockthrowing abilities), gaining the treant’s vulnerability to fire. If Silvermaw terminates the animation, moves out of range, or is incapacitated, the tree immediately takes root wherever it is and returns to its normal state.
Double Damage Against Objects (Ex): Silvermaw or an animated tree that makes a full attack against an object or structure deals double damage.
Treespeech (Ex): Silvermaw has the ability to converse with plants as if subject to a continual speak with plants spell, and most plants greet him with an attitude of helpful or indifferent.
Blanket of Black Flowers (Sp): With every stride Silvermaw produces from the ground around him in a 10ft area a mass of vines that bloom black flowers. These flowers are the product of the corrupting hatred and darkness within Silvermaw’s heart and they seek to fuel their source. They radiate an aura around Silvermaw that acts as a constant Vampiric Touch spell as cast by a 10th level caster (5d6 damage) and grants him temporary hit points. Also all creatures within this area are affected by the vines as if they were subject to an Entangle spell as if cast by a 10th level Druid and must make a Reflex save at DC 15 or gain the entangled condition and take one point of piercing damage in addition to the 5d6 from the aura of the flowers.
Dormancy (Su): When Silvermaw wishes he may as a full round action take root into the soil of the area and enter a period of Dormancy. Outside of the vines draining a living creature for temporary hit points, this is the only way in which he can regain his hit points on his own as he does not heal naturally otherwise. He heals 44 hp per 8 hours he spends in his dormant state but he may do nothing during that period. He may maintain dormancy as long as he wants or may exit dormancy at any point but while dormant he may not use any abilities but may keep the boarders of his domain closed.
Resilient Nature (Ex): Silvermaw’s desire for life and vengeance has become strong as the darkpowers have seen fit to enhance his wills power over his body. When Silvermaw fails any save (Fort, Reflex, or Will) that leads to an effect that continues beyond that round, he can on the following round make another saving throw against it. For each such new saving throw he attempts, he takes 5 lethal damage however.
Slow Death (Ex): Silvermaw was crippled by fire in his first battle with the humans that defiled the land he was to defend. He should have died from his wounds but he tried to enter a dormancy to save his life. The darkpowers allowed him to heal but for some reason even they did not spare him all his pain. His rage was so great that he has left this dormant state without truly being completely healed. Now his wounds fester and continue to rot him making him something closer to undead but still mostly alive. He has become immune to negative energy and level drain due to this and the energies of his own hate and rage. However he constantly is weakened and pained by his wounds and the rot that continues to advance. He loses 5 hp per hour while he is awake and suffers a -4 to all saves against pain and fire effects. This condition forces him to enter periods of dormancy to recover but he is loath to do so as his rage knows no rest.
Vengeful Slam (Ex): Once per round, whenever a creature within his reach scores a critical hit on Silvermaw he may make a single melee slam attack as an attack of opportunity against that creature at his highest bonus as a free action.
Sinkhole of Evil: As listed in the Ravenloft Campaign Setting.
Detect Disruption: As listed in the Ravenloft Campaign Setting.
Closing the Boarders: Silvermaws ability to close the boarder used to have no limits during ‘the time of unparalleled darkness’, which allowed him to constantly keep his flaming boarder burning and brought harm to the realms plants or animals. Now that the demiplane has reformed, it has been lessened but is no less deadly or effective in keeping the denizens within it. At will the boarder around his domain can still erupt into deadly flames as he wishes however he knows that the plants and animals suffer from the constant heat and smoke, thus he does not keep it constantly closed. The fire will consume even creatures normally immune to flame that enter the boarder while it is aflame. To compensate the Dark Powers have given him a sense to detect if anyone in his domain who is connected to the lycanthropic taint of the Metsuri or with any lycanthropic traits tries to escape. This sense detects them as soon as they are within 200ft of the boarder but he only flares the boarder to life when a lycanthrope is trying to escape the land and now leaves it open to protect the land from being harmed by its effects.
As always please comment and critique my work as I can use any help I can to make these projects better as I finish them up. I really want to hear what anyone has to say so please don't be shy! :)
Alastor
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Alastor »

This updated Madling looks pretty good. The original race was also creative and interesting, but this version is more thematic for Ravenloft. I particularly like that becoming a Madling is a somewhat mysterious process which might lead PCs to figure out the cause or even seek a "cure". Why must they always be part neutral though? Do they randomly shift from extreme to extreme on one alignment axis, or are they simply incapable of percieving the whole range of morals and ethics?
Above the conquered folk,
the draconic citadel
awaits rebellion.

Not the daimon, just a namesake.
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

Hey Alastor! :) Thank you! I am glad you like that they fit more thematically with Ravenloft as that was what I was going for with this update. And my answer to your question got a little wordy but I wanted to explain my thoughts on it thoroughly so I hope you don't mind.

The neutral aspect of their alignment was mostly to show, without giving them any mental ability damage or a specific madness that they were permanently mad and tainted by chaos and mad otherworldly energies. The ingrained quest for balance with the forces that have changed them so seemed to be a way to do this. It was sort of an implied connection that might tie the race together as a whole in a way even if they are separate and individualistic in their random creation by madness. This quest for balance was also more a personal thing for each madling as none of them truly know what balance in one half of their alignment is. It is just a part of their nature though and they may choose to fight it or explore it as they wish.

So in a way it was to show that they always were a little unstable in some aspect of their character and always had the option of choosing to behave on one of their three options on that axis of their alignment however they wished. There are still consequences of course to at times behaving "neutral, evil or good" or "neutral, lawful or chaotic" for them, but they could choose to favor one option or another on a case by case basis or accept a sort of balance by acting mostly neutral in that aspect of their existence. Others might buck alignment all together and dive into madness by being true neutral but this is meant to be like a philosophical choice for them as they try to "balance" both halves of their mind. Still others might fight this aspect and try to behave as they choose and reject this neutral part but from a roleplaying standpoint a madling should always have the potential to choose to behave randomly in that neutral axis even if they mostly choose to fight it.

This mental struggle with their own alignment was supposed to highlight a sort of shared madness that was not too debilitating but still even by the rules could let the character behave a little erratically with no way to cure it as it had become a part of them.

I think it also can add an air of mystery to the race and while it may to some people limit them somewhat in some rule respects, I think it can be bypassed easily enough. As alignment is not as big an issue in Ravenloft and neutral can allow a character to still behave in either fashion.

(Example: A Lawful Neutral character can still behave Lawful Good most of the time but could also at times be Lawful Neutral or Lawful Evil at times if they choose to be or at least in their thoughts if they fight it.)

I figure that they could still be any class but would have to be careful that their sometimes random choices and behaviors could lead to problems for those with more established codes of conduct.

Another way to look at it would be that while they can think or even suggest evil/neutral/good or lawful/neutral/chaotic courses they can still decide not to follow them on a case by case basis. A madling Paladin might suggest a chaotic course of action if their law and chaos axis was neutral and if they actually chose to follow it they might require an atonement for such. But maybe that is just part of their struggle and the chaotic choice may have let them do great good for someone so they may still seek atonement or maybe they won't if they decide to no longer be a Paladin. Still perhaps they did not take the chaotic course and they chose a lawful path because they want to try to be a pure paladin. Their thoughts and desire to behave neutral or chaotically should still be something they have to face and the choice never simple for it fights that aspect of their nature. Almost like having three voices in your head, one for each possible alignment and having to choose what one of them says as the one you want to follow. These voices might also not be the most sane voices and might be madly disposed to their alignment preferences.

Madling Paladins and Monks could still be viable even if their alignments may not match if the DM agrees that their struggle against the neutral part of their alignment favors the missing aspect of the requirement more. They would still be neutral and mad of course so it is quite possible for them to not be perfect at maintaining that behavior all the time making them more unstable but they still can choose to try and act as they want.

Also a madling that is neutral in one axis would be unaffected by certain alignment based spells or at least affected differently, so that could make them wonder if even their attempts to still be mostly good or evil even matter when spells affect them as neutral.

I guess I could alter it further to allow for Madlings that are not neutral that are more imbalanced and chaotic and mad in different fashions. I think I might add that as a DM option rather than change the race entry again so that it can be added as flavor though!

But thanks again Alastor for the comments, questions and just letting me know you like it! I plan to add a lot of posts to this thread so please comment as often as you wish because everyone's help is appreciated!

Next post should be later today even!
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

As I said in my response to Alastor above I have something else to post today

Ivania and Vorno (The Ghoul), Fused Darklord's of Sunderheart
VIEW CONTENT:
Lady Ivania Dreygu and the Ghoul Vorno Kahnebor Darklord of Sunderheart

The lady who steps forward into the light is wearing a gloriously expensive burgundy color dress of the finest embroidered silk and jewelry of silver and red garnets adorns her neck and hands matching the exquisite tiara upon her head. Her imposing decorated horns curve back framing her black hair which makes her red skin and even redder eyes stand out all the more next to the wine color of the dress and her beauty and grace are undeniable. But as she moves further into the light more you see the horrid form of some bestial creature following behind. When this form enters into view however the horror of this corpselike pale creature even more fiendish in appearance than the tiefling lady is mostly a result of the contrast of it growing as if from her back. The thing twitches occasionally but does not stir and the lady seems not to notice its presence but you think you saw the corpse like creature move and you can’t help but think that it might be alive and even only pretending to be asleep.

Timeline
c572 BC The disturbed and corrupt Lady Ivania Dreygu and vile and violent Vorno Kahnebor meet and fall in love.
c573 BC The Dreygu and Kahnebor houses spared no love for one another, but they were unified in their desire to separate the young lovers..
c574 BC Vorno cut a bloody escape from his own family. A nighttime raid into the Dreygu estate and another murderous flight set them on the path to a pauper’s life together.
c576 BC After two years of cat-and-mouse exchanges, ambushes, and assassinations, Ivania and Vorno reclaimed their birthrights.
c577 BC The two left behind the cities of their births and brokered with the emperor for control of Harrack Unarth, the throne of which was recently made vacant by the drowning of its lord mayor and lady.
c577 BC The lavish festival for their arrival would continue endlessly, changing the city of Harrack Unarth’s reputation and title to the City of Carousing. Secretly, Ivania and Vorno introduced their friends to increasingly obscure intoxicants, decadent delicacies, bizarre entertainments, and pursued their twisted pastimes; but those they brought into their deadly games rarely remained players for long.
c579 BC Ivania and Vorno readily agreed to shelter the first tests of the devils’ bargain, for the emperor of Bael Turath and with the devils close at hand, they cut their own bargain for eternal youth and immunity to death from old age and disease at the cost of their souls.
c588 BC The nobility of all Bael Turath found their way into the devils’ bargain thanks to Ivania and Vorno’s efforts at their testing, transforming much of the population of the empire into tieflings and tying many souls to hell.
c655 BC Vorno, always fitful and prone to bouts of depression, drew deeper within himself and grew increasingly paranoid of his enemies and any danger to his life and his soul. Ivania, however, took vicious joy from living and tried often to draw him back through planned debaucheries and victims, but he enjoyed them less and less. The two lovers, once inseparable partners, became estranged.
c674 BC Ivania became tired of Vorno’s depression and paranoia. Using the most beautiful girl in the city, Ivania plied the coy innocent young woman with jewels, silks, and exotic spices as they drank, ate, danced, and played, under Vorno’s hidden gaze. Ivania left when the girl fell into a narcotic stupor. Vorno took her, and devoured her innocent flesh. Ivania had hidden toxins in the stupefacient spices and liquors. The girl boiled with poison but blissfully felt nothing. But Vorno died as terribly as he had lived. Ivania Dreygu watched Vorno’s final moments, and he saw in her eyes that she had willfully killed him, consigned his soul to the Hells and had also murdered their love.
c674 BC All of the city of Harrack Unarth falls under a curse and becomes known as the City of Curses. Then in the midst of a great blizzard it along with those left inside become trapped in a new domain of dread. Ivania and the Vorno as the Ghoul fused to her back become the new combined darklord of Sunderheart.
760 BC Present day.

Powers Checks for Ivania
Caress (Murder Premeditated, Betrayal Major, Theft Major: Plots several cruel extra assassinations against her and Vorno’s families during pursuit more for profit and vengeance than need: 10%; c576 BC): Becomes a Sadist, often feels unnaturally cold.
Enticement (Murder Premeditated, Betrayal Major, Theft Major: Murders along with Vorno the previous Lord and Lady of Harrack Unarth so as to claim the city: 10%; c577 BC): +4 Disguise, becomes addicted to drug Agony.
Invitation (Multiple Premeditated Murders, Sadistic Tortures and Defilement: Constantly introduces various souls to corruption and preys upon these victims for their own amusements: AUD%; c557 BC): Constantly desires to be amused, satiate lusts and be worshipped every day, +1 to all fort, reflex and will saving throws.
Embrace (Major Betrayal and Infernal Bargain: Readily agreed to shelter the first tests of the devils’ bargain, for the emperor, but secretly bargains with the devil Nephigor for eternal youth and immunity to death from old age and disease for their souls so they could enjoy their youth and their crimes for all eternity together: 40%; c579 BC): -6 Diplomacy, Eternal Youth and Hollow feat.
Creature (Desecration: Sheltered and aided in administering the first tests of the devils’ bargain, for the emperor of Bael Turath leading to its completion and the damnation or at least the corruption of the entire empire and its people: AUD%; c579 BC): Can never use magic to disguise herself, Becomes a Tiefling, Gains 2 bonus feats.
Darklord (Betrayal Major, Corruption of an Innocent, Dual Premeditated Murder and Breaking a Vow: Decieves an innocent girl into tempting Vorno but after fatally poisoning her and then through her Vorno as he takes the girl killing both of them and torturing her dying love with the information of her betraying him and killing their love but also leading to his death and also knowingly his souls feared damnation: AUD%; c674 BC): Becomes fused to Vorno (The Ghoul) in her corrupted body as co-darklord of Sunderheart, permanent Delusions Madness (The Ghoul does not exist).

Powers Checks for Vorno
Caress (Multiple Premeditated Murders and Unprovoked Assaults: Slaughters members of both his and Ivania’s families to elope with her: 21%; c574 BC): +2 Dexterity, Cannibalism.
Enticement (Murder Premeditated, Betrayal Major, Theft Major: Murders along with Vorno the previous Lord and Lady of Harrack Unarth so as to claim the city: 10%; c577 BC): +4 Bluff, becomes addicted to drug Devilweed.
Invitation (Multiple Premeditated Murders, Sadistic Tortures and Defilement: Constantly introduces various souls to corruption and preys upon these victims for their own amusements: AUD%; c557 BC): Constantly desires to be amused, satiate lusts and be worshipped every day, +6 Profession (Gambler).
Embrace (Major Betrayal and Infernal Bargain: Readily agreed to shelter the first tests of the devils’ bargain, for the emperor, but secretly bargains with the devil Nephigor for eternal youth and immunity to death from old age and disease for their souls so they could enjoy their youth and their crimes for all eternity together: 40%; c579 BC): Eternal Youth and Hollow bonus feat, Paranoia Madness.
Creature (Desecration: Sheltered and aided in administering the first tests of the devils’ bargain, for the emperor of Bael Turath leading to its completion and the damnation or at least the corruption of the entire empire and its people: AUD%; c579 BC): Nightmares Horror (Hell), Becomes a Tiefling, Gains 2 bonus feats.
Darklord (Corruption of an Innocent: Watches Ivania corrupt an innocent girl and then when she is left drugged and defenseless proceeds to take of her body and abuse her for his own dark desires: AUD%; c674 BC): Becomes fused to Ivania in his corrupted dead body as co-darklord/demilord of the domain of Sunderheart.

Lady Ivania Dreygu and Vorno Kahnebor the Ghoul
Darklords of Sunderheart
Tiefling Sorcerer 10th/Tiefling Ghoul Rogue 7th CR 19
XP 204,800
LE/NE Medium undead outsider (native)
Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +7
Defense
AC 20, touch 17, flat-footed 13 (+1 Armor, +6 Dex, +2 natural, +1 dodge)
hp 160 (7d8+10d6+102)
Fort +11, Ref +15, Will +9
Defensive Abilities channel resistance +8 (+3 Wis, +5 Cha)
Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 15
Immune Energy Drain, Magic Jar, Trap the Soul, Malevolence and Possession, Undead Traits.
Offense
Speed 30 ft. Climb 30 ft.(Only Vorno may use the Climb speed)
Melee *Dagger of Sunderheart +18 (1d4+3 19-20), bite +13 (1d6+3 plus disease and paralysis) and 2 claws +13 (1d6+3 plus paralysis)
Special Attacks paralysis (1d4+1 rounds, DC 15, elves are immune to this effect)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 1st)
2/day—darkness
Spells Known (CL 10th)
5th (4/day)—dominate person (DC 22),
4th (7/day)—charm monster (DC 23), geas lesser (DC 21), resilient sphere
3rd (8/day)—suggestion (DC 20), tongues, fireball (DC 20), fly
2nd (8/day)—scorching ray (DC 19), see invisibility, invisibility, blindness and deafness (DC 19), knock
1st (8/day)—protection from good (DC 18), shield, mage armor, identify, charm person (DC 20), sleep (DC 18)
0 (at will)—resistance, acid splash (DC 17), detect magic, read magic, flare (DC 17), *shadow ray (DC 17), ghost sound, arcane mark, prestidigitation
Statistics
Str 16, Dex 22, Con —, Int 15, Wis 16, Cha 20
Base Atk +10; CMB +13; CMD 29
Feats BF-Hollow, Weapon Finesse, Combat Expertise, Extend Spell, Power Attack, BF-Dodge, BF-Mobility, Deceitful, Skill Focus (Bluff), Improved Feint, Greater Feint, Run, Cleave, Eschew Materials, Spell Penetration.
Skills Acrobatics +10, Appraise +6, Bluff +42, Climb +7, Craft (Alchemy) +6, Diplomacy +3, Disable Device +10, Disguise +20, Escape Artist +10, Fly +10, Intimidate +18, Knowledge (Arcana) +15, Knowledge (Planes/Ravenloft) +12, Knowledge (Local) +12, Linguistics +6, Perception +13, Perform (Dancing) +14, Profession (Gambler) +19, Sense Motive +13, Sleight of Hand +16, Spellcraft +15, Stealth +18, Swim +10, Use Magic Device +19;
Racial Modifiers +2 Bluff, +2 Stealth Feat Modifiers +10 Bluff, +4 Disguise
Other Modifiers -6 Diplomacy, +4 Bluff, +4 Disguise, +6 Profession (Gambler)
OR Skill Modifiers -26/-11 Bluff, -26/-11 Diplomacy, -26/-11 Perform +26 Intimidate.
Base OR Total 26 (When Ivania or Vorno deal with outsiders to Sunderheart)
Modified OR Total 11 (When Ivania deals with natives of Sunderheart)
Other OR Modifiers +1 OR with creatures with Wisdom 12 or higher, +4 OR with Vistani.
Languages Abyssal, *Turathi, *Low Turathi, Draconic, Infernal
SQ fiendish sorcery, trapfinding
Ecology
Environment Sunderheart
Organization solitary (sort of)
Treasure double standard
Possessions *Dagger of Sunderheart, *Masterwork Devil Silk Royal Outfit
*Entries listed with an asterisk before them are listed in the DM appendix section below and are new content.
Special Abilities
Disease (Su) Ghoul Fever: Bite—injury; save Fort DC 15; onset 1 day; frequency 1 day; effect 1d3 Con and 1d3 Dex damage; cure 2 consecutive saves. The save DC is Charisma-based. A humanoid who dies of ghoul fever rises as a ghoul at the next midnight. A humanoid who becomes a ghoul in this way retains none of the abilities it possessed in life. It is not under the control of any other ghouls, but it hungers for the flesh of the living and behaves like a normal ghoul in all respects. A humanoid of 4 Hit Dice or more rises as a ghast.
Fiendish Sorcery (Ex) Tiefling sorcerers with the Abyssal or Infernal bloodline treat their Charisma score as 2 points higher for all sorcerer class abilities. As both Ivania and the Ghoul are Tieflings they both have this ability and it combines to make them quite formidable increasing their effective Charisma score by 4 for casting spells and using abilities.
Combined Weapon and Armor Proficiency: The Ghoul is proficient with all simple weapons, plus the hand crossbow, rapier, sap, shortbow, and short sword. He is proficient with light armor, but not with shields. Ivania is proficient with all simple weapons. She is not proficient with any type of armor or shield. Armor interferes with Ivania’s gestures, which can cause her spells with somatic components to fail. As the Ghoul and Ivania are conjoined they would require special armor be made to wear but as Ivania is in charge during the day and denies the Ghoul’s existence she would never wear such armor. The Ghoul also while able to wield weapons no longer cares to and now prefers to use his natural attacks. He would use such weapons however if he needed to do such. Ivania cannot use the Ghoul’s proficiencies nor can the Ghoul use hers.
Sneak Attack: If the Ghoul can catch an opponent when he is unable to defend himself effectively from his attack, he can strike a vital spot for +4d6 extra damage. Only the Ghoul may make Sneak Attacks.
Trapfinding: The Ghoul adds 1/2 his level to Perception skill checks made to locate traps and to Disable Device skill checks (minimum +1). The Ghoul can use Disable Device to disarm magic traps. Only the Ghoul may use this ability.
Evasion (Ex): The Ghoul can avoid even magical and unusual attacks with great agility. If he makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, he instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if the Ghoul is wearing light armor or no armor. While either Ivania or the Ghoul are helpless they do not gain the benefit of evasion. Ivania also benefits from this ability as both her and the Ghoul make Reflex saves as if one creature. This defense only functions if the Ghoul is awake during combat, otherwise ignore it.
Rogue Talents: The Ghoul knows the following rogue talents. Only the Ghoul may use these abilities and only if it is awake.
Fast Stealth (Ex): This ability allows a rogue to move at full speed using the Stealth skill without penalty.
Ledge Walker (Ex): This ability allows a rogue to move along narrow surfaces at full speed using the Acrobatics skill without penalty. In addition, a rogue with this talent is not flat-footed when using Acrobatics to move along narrow surfaces.
Surprise Attack (Ex): During the surprise round, opponents are always considered flat-footed to a rogue with this ability, even if they have already acted.
Trap Sense (Ex): The Ghoul gains an intuitive sense that alerts him to danger from traps, giving him a +2 bonus on Reflex saves made to avoid traps and a +2 dodge bonus to AC against attacks made by traps. Ivania also benefits from this ability as both her and the Ghoul share their AC and make Reflex saves as if one creature.
Improved Uncanny Dodge (Ex): Due to their condition Ivania and the Ghoul can react to danger before their senses would normally allow them to do so. They can no longer be flanked. This defense denies a rogue the ability to sneak attack them by flanking them, unless the attacker has at least four more rogue levels than the Ghoul does. However, due to their unnatural form, even if they are considered flanked the attackers receive only half their regular bonus to hit them though they can still be considered flat footed. This defense only functions if both the Ghoul and Ivania are awake during combat, otherwise ignore it until they both are awake.
Cantrips: Ivania knows a number of cantrips, or 0-level spells. These spells are cast like any other spell, but they do not consume any slots and may be used again. The Ghoul may not use any of Ivania’s spells though she may cast them as her actions and the Ghoul’s are considered separate.
Infernal Bloodline Bonus Spells: Ivania adds the following infernal bloodline bonus spells due to her being 10th level in the sorcerer class. protection from good (3rd), scorching ray (5th), suggestion.
Infernal Bloodline Bonus Spells: Ivania qualifies for the following infernal bloodline bonus feats due to being 10th level in the sorcerer class. Spell Penetration.
Infernal Bloodline Arcana: Whenever Ivania casts a spell of the charm subschool, she increases the spell’s DC by +2.
Infernal Bloodline Powers: Ivania as a 10th level infernal bloodline sorcerer has access to the following powers.
Corrupting Touch (Sp): Ivania can cause a creature to become shaken as a melee touch attack. This effect persists for a number of rounds equal to 1/2 Ivania’s sorcerer level (minimum 1). Creatures shaken by this ability radiate an aura of evil, as if they were an evil outsider (see detect evil). Multiple touches do not stack, but they do add to the duration. Ivania can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + her Charisma modifier (10/day). Ivania may use this ability through the Ghoul when he makes attacks using his natural weapons or her own but she must choose to use it as a mentally as a free action.
Infernal Resistances (Ex): Ivania gains resist fire 10 and a +4 bonus on saving throws made against poison. As Ivania and the Ghoul count as a single creature they share these resistances.
Hellfire (Sp): Ivania can call down a column of hellfire. This 10-foot-radius burst does 1d6 points of fire damage per sorcerer level. Those caught in the area of the blast receive a Reflex save for half damage. Good creatures that fail their saves are shaken for a number of rounds equal to Ivania’s sorcerer level (10 rounds). The DC of this save is equal to 10 + 1/2 her sorcerer level + her Charisma modifier +2 (DC 22). Ivania can use this ability once per day. This power has a range of 60 feet.
Flesh Bond (Sp): 3 times per day Ivania may select two targets adjacent to each other within 20ft and force them to make a fortitude save (DC 23). If both targets save against this ability they feel a strange feeling pass through them but otherwise they are unaffected.
If either of the targets fails they each take 3d10 points of damage and become physically fused to each other. This results in all their non-magical movement speeds being reduced by half and movement requires both of their move actions, all attacks, reflex saves and physical skill rolls suffer a -2 penalty, they receive an increase to their outcast ratings of +2 and finally they are confused for 1d4+1 rounds.
However if both victims fail their save the effects intensify. They instead take 6d4 points of damage each and become even more fused together. This prevents them from non-magical flight and to move 5ft in any other non-magical movement method requires a both of their move actions. Also all attacks and physical skill rolls suffer a -4, they receive an increase to their outcast ratings of +4 and finally they are confused for 1d8+2 rounds.
Two creatures fused together count as one creature for further uses of this ability thus allowing for multiple victims to be fused into one. These further single victims fused to two previously fused victims take the same penalties as the original fused victims but for each victim fused beyond the first increase the penalties and outcast rating increases for all victims by +1 and reduce the speed of all victims by 5ft to a minimum of 5ft per round.
These penalties are permanent until the victims each receive a remove curse spell or a knowledgeable surgeon performs a 2 hour operation (DC 23 Heal check) dealing two times the original damage to both of them that the effect originally caused. Ivania however may use another use of this ability to separate a victim from another but they must still make the fortitude save at the same DC and they take the damage depending upon if one of them fails or both of them do. If they both pass this separation save they take only 2d6 damage as they separate.
Ivania uses this power often to punish those who displease her or make notice of her own conjoined state. She has a special jail in her palace where such victims are kept horribly and uselessly alive so she might delight in their suffering and inflicting further tortures upon them.
Twin Threat (Ex): Any time either Ivania or the Ghoul may make an attack of opportunity they may both make one against the target that provoked it as long as they are both able to reach the target. This defense only functions if both the Ghoul and Ivania are awake during combat, otherwise ignore it until they both are awake.
Cloak of Shadowy Flight (Su): As a move action 3 times per day Ivania may teleport both her and the Ghoul 25ft as if the spell dimension door and upon emerging they gain a shadowy cloak of darkness granting them full concealment until the end of the Ghoul’s next turn.
Infernal Wrath (Ex): As a free action, 3 times per day, Ivania and the Ghoul may gain a +1 power bonus to the next attack roll one of them makes against an enemy that hit them since either’s last turn. If the attack hits, the attack deals 5 extra points damage to the target. This damage is multiplied if the attack is a critical hit.
Double Actions (Ex): When both Ivania and the Ghoul are awake each roll initiative, each has a turn during a round and each has a full set of actions (standard, move, full, free etc.) each turn. One set of actions and initiative corresponds to Ivania and her powers. The other set of actions and initiative corresponds to the Ghoul and his powers. Except where described in their abilities entries they do not share these actions and abilities.
Dual Brain (Ex): At the end of each of their turns in the initiative, Ivania and the Ghoul automatically save against any dazed, confused and stunned conditions and may attempt a new save against any charm effects that are currently affecting one of them but not both.
Spin Strike (Ex): As a free action, when an enemy moves to flank Ivania and the Ghoul, both may make an attack of opportunity against the enemy that moved into the flanking position. This defense only functions if both the Ghoul and Ivania are awake during combat, otherwise ignore it until they both are awake.
Clutch and Hurl (Ex): As a standard action, on the round after the Ghoul has grappled an opponent he may roll against their CMD to throw them and knock them prone. They are then thrown 5ft in a direction of the Ghoul’s choosing and a further 5ft for every 5 points the Ghoul exceeds their CMD with his roll. Upon moving the full distance and falling to the ground they are knocked prone.
Sinkhole of Evil: As listed in the Ravenloft Campaign Setting.
Detect Disruption: As listed in the Ravenloft Campaign Setting.
Closing the Boarders: Ivania, usually does not close the boarders of Sunderheart as her want of trade and new arrivals makes this option undesirable. Vorno or the Ghoul as he is called cannot close the boarders for the dark powers have only granted that power to Ivania. Ivania if she wishes however may cause a storm appropriate to the season the domain is currently experiencing to rise up, and around the boarders of the domain it is most fierce. This storm blows strong enough to hurl those attempting to leave forcefully as if shoved by telekinesis as if maximized in effect. However since this also causes the weather to shift within Sunderheart to match the storm to a lesser extent she usually sends minions or soldiers to capture or kill those that try to flee her wrath as the flooding, snow and wind if maintained too long, could ruin the farms and trade she is trying to cultivate.
And just so these darklords extra's can be used I will give you this too...
VIEW CONTENT:
The common language of Sunderheart

The native language of Bael Turath was and is still known as Turathi and is the oldest human language in the world Sunderheart originated from.
However the high tongue since the shift of the human nobility to becoming tieflings is now known in a self-depreciating fashion as Low Turathi. This oddity in its name was a reflection on the nature of the bargain with the nine hells that transformed the nobility of the empire into their more fiendish forms and made the tieflings of their world a true race. Linguistically, Low Turathi incorporates numerous vocabulary changes, many of which are holdovers from the original "High Turathi'' that was spoken by the once human tiefling ruling class and was distinct from base Turathi. Syntax remains largely the same, although word order can be far more lax or complex, which causes noticeable confusion for Turathi speakers.

Game Rules for using Low Turathi
While speaking Low Turathi with a fluent speaker you may add a +2 to all bluff checks to pass secret information in front of another fluent speaker you are trying to deceive. This bonus also applies when trying to lie to another fluent speaker using the complicated rules of the language or when trying to fake passing information to another speaker so as to confuse those listening in as to what is being said.

New Special Material: Devil Worm Silk

The silk produced by this worm was once used only in the creation of robes and clothes for the nobles and arcane spell casters of the city before its fall into its current decline. These worms have now become a key to Sunderheart attracting trade to the city as it is one of the few resources that only can be produced within the domain.
Outfits of any type that can be made primarily of silk become strong enough to provide protection similar to that of some simple armor but is no more restricting than the lightest of clothes. Arcane magic users need not have proficiency to use it and it does not affect their casting abilities at all. The only problem with its use is the expense of items made from it and the cost of the process to produce items of a high enough quality to be enchanted.
To determine the cost of such clothes produced of the silk first round up the base cost of the outfit, up to a base of one gold, if it would normally cost less for such an outfit. Then multiply that base cost by 100 times to determine the market price of an average outfit made from devil worm silk. Thus noble outfits are often extravagances that cannot be purchased lightly. Hit points of such outfits are increased by 4 and weight of such outfits decreases by one pound for every 5 the outfit originally weighed.
However in order to alchemically treat such clothes and also craft them to accept enchantments requires an additional masterwork cost of 150 gold as for masterwork armor. This masterwork cost is not multiplied but added afterwards. These masterwork outfits may then be enchanted but provide no further benefit other than their extravagant appearances and their increased value.
A list of prices for clothes crafted of devil worm silk is given below and statistics for the base benefits provided by it for protection as if armor.
Devil worm silk clothes provide no benefit if worn on top of armor. However if armor primarily composed of silk or another fabric is instead made of devil worm silk it is considered to get the same benefits as if made masterwork but may still be made masterwork on top of this thus allowing for twice the benefit. It also decreases spell failure by 1% for each 5% of the base and increases the max dexterity bonus of such armor by +1. However the price increase is raised to 40 times the base cost and thus makes such suits extremely expensive and reserved most often for officers or nobles on the battlefield.
Lastly is that silk rope is also significantly increased in strength but the cost is 5 times that of normal silk rope so that it makes it quite costly to produce but of such exceptional quality that it is the key item traded for by many seeking strong bindings. Other items made of silk are likewise strengthened by the use of this material.

Devil Worm Silk Base Armor Costs and Statistics

Cost / Armor Bonus / Max Dex Bonus / Armor Check Penalty / Spell Failure / 30 ft. / 20 ft. / Weight
Padded
200 gp / +1 / +9 / 0 / 4% / 30 ft. / 20 ft. / 8 lbs.
Haramaki
120 gp / +1 / — / 0 / 0% / 30 ft. / 20 ft. / 1 lb.
Kikko armor
1200 gp / +5 / +5 / –2 / 16% / 20 ft. / 15 ft. / 20 lbs.
Silken ceremonial armor
12000 gp / +1 / — / 0 / 0% / 30 ft. / 20 ft. / 4 lbs.
Quilted cloth
4000 gp / +1 / +9 / 0 / 8% / 30 ft. / 20 ft. / 12 lbs.
Devil Silk Outfit (Any)
Varies / +1 / — / — / — / — / — / Varies

Devil Worm Silk Base Clothing Costs

Item Name / Cost / Weight
Hot weather outfit / 800 gp / 4 lbs.
Artisan’s outfit / 100 gp / 4 lbs.
Cleric’s vestments / 500 gp / 5 lbs.
Cold-weather outfit / 800 gp / 6 lbs.
Courtier’s outfit / 300 gp / 5 lbs.
Entertainer’s outfit / 300 gp / 4 lbs.
Explorer’s outfit / 1000 gp / 7 lbs.
Monk’s outfit / 500 gp / 2 lbs.
Noble’s outfit / 7500 gp / 8 lbs.
Peasant’s outfit / 100 gp / 2 lbs.
Royal outfit / 20000 gp / 12 lbs.
Scholar’s outfit / 500 gp / 5 lbs.
Traveler’s outfit / 100 gp / 4 lbs.

Devil Worm Silk Base Other Items Costs and Statistics
Item Name: Rope, Devil Worm Silk: Weight (50 ft.) Cost 50 gp 4 lbs.
Description: This rope has 12 hit points and can be burst with a DC 30 Strength check.

New Spell

Shadow Ray
School necromancy ; Level sorcerer/wizard 0
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S
Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Effect ray
Duration instantaneous
Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance yes
A ray of dark and corrupting death energy projects from your pointing finger. You must succeed on a ranged touch attack with the ray to deal damage to a target. The ray deals 1d4 points of negative energy damage. This damage can be used to heal undead struck by the ray. For two rounds after the last time a living creature is struck by this spell, all negative energy damage done during these two following rounds to the same creature is increased by 1d4 extra damage.

New Unique Magic Items

Dagger of Sunderheart
Three times per day, this +2 keen wounding dagger wielded by Ivania allows the wielder to make a touch attack with the weapon that deals 1d6 points of Constitution damage by draining blood. Creatures immune to critical hits are immune to the Constitution damage dealt by this weapon. Ivania still currently uses the weapon as a favored keepsake and acquiring it from her would not be easy and very little could make her consider giving it or selling it to anyone.
But perhaps that outcome is for the best.
However anyone who uses this dagger besides Ivania must make a will save every day at a DC of 20 or become convinced that their closest friend, ally or love has betrayed them utterly or become irredeemably corrupted or weak (depending on their alignment) and begin to seek to kill them however they decide. This curse was placed on the dagger when Ivania’s dying love stained it alongside her poisonous and personal betrayal of Vorno, and so it magically compels this act to repeat in each owner.
Once this save is failed the dagger cannot be dropped by the wielder until they have slain the target of the curse. The curse on this dagger is undetectable to all magic except until after the wielder has failed the save at which time a detect magic will show the curse clearly. A remove curse spell will allow the wielder to abandon the dagger and also be rid of the compulsion as long as they never take up the blade in their hand ever again. If they do then the curse automatically reinstates itself.
Should the wielders chosen victim be slain by the actions of wielder of the dagger then this curse will never target that wielder again and also becomes undetectable once more leaving them to wonder if it truly was cursed or they chose to kill the person they cherished most.

Market Price: 65,320 gp.

Gown of the Lady of Harrack Unarth
This +5 glamered shadow greater masterwork devil silk royal outfit, beyond the +15 bonus to stealth also grants the wearer a +6 bonus to Charisma and also lets the wearer alter their features as if a hat of disguise. It is one of the original artefacts of Bael Turath that was also the favored item Ivania took when her and Vorno claimed their lordship over Harrack Unarth and made it into the City of Carousal. The dress allowed for costumes and disguises as well as impossibly beautiful designs to exist and even enhanced her already formidable sorcerous powers. It also allowed her to control her manipulations of other people and plot her manipulations more effectively than any other in the courts and power centers of her realm and beyond.
The dress had been made for the then current lady of the city before her and was prized over the entire realm of Bael Turath for it was seen as a work of magical art and genius. The ever changing dress was perfect for the endless parties that Ivania constantly threw and was a symbol of her power and right to rule. But after darkness claimed the land and she became the darklord of the domain of Sunderheart the magical outfit seemed to no longer work as she wished.
To Ivania the outfit still functioned magically and no real curse seemed to affect it but she could never again enjoy it the same way as before. Whenever she now wore it, the gown changed and appeared as beautifully as she wished it too but she could no longer change her appearance due to the darklord curse that kept her from appearing different herself. But that was minor compared to that when others were around her while she wore the glorious gown, their looks now instead of making proud of her beauty drove her to a paranoid distraction. In truth the outfit is not the problem but the curse that now prevents her from hiding the Ghoul that was Vorno on her back also torments her mind making her unable to forget the Ghoul. She cannot simply dismiss these looks as because of the gown so she can feel as she once did before her fall. She has tried to wear the dress but her mind will not let her believe that those looking at the dress are not instead looking at the creature on her back even if they truly are not. Eventually she put the dress aside and has left it hidden in her private quarters looking at it privately now so as to still take satisfaction for owning it and admiring it alone. Her mundane dress collection still grows around it and though they are splendid the impossible beauty of the dress she cannot enjoy wearing around anyone else festers at the back of her mind.
The only times she now wears it are when she tries to find ways to hide Vorno from view when important guests to her land who are unfamiliar with her appearance arrive. She however does not enjoy these events for her mind stays distracted by the torment of knowing what she is trying to hide even as she denies it to herself. Woe to those who see her dressed in this fine outfit for it often leads to their deaths or a far worse fate should they not be careful and lucky in even measure.

Market Price: 155,800 gp.
Like always please comment on any of these posts so I can improve them for the final articles. Advice, compliments or criticism are all welcome. Feel free to post your own projects as well if you want!

More to come! ;)
Ryan Naylor
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ryan Naylor »

There are some Madnesses here I would consider to be in pretty poor taste, and unlikely to add the right tone to any game they emerged in.
A G Thing wrote:Transsexualism (Gender Identity Disorder):
Psychosexual Dysfunction:
Nymphomania / Satyriasis:
Psychosexual Sadism:
Paraphilias:
Exhibitionism:
Frotteurism:
Psychosexual Masochism:
Necrophilia:
Pedophilia:
Voyeurism:
Fetishism:
Bestiality:
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

I understand that and in fact I hope you noticed my warning right before the list. I will post it again.

NOTE: This list treats these issues from the perspective of mental disorders and while some have come under controversy in modern society and are now no longer defined as such for the sake of a more underdeveloped understanding that a world like Ravenloft might still possibly have they are listed as disorders none the less. The DM should consider carefully or explain the use of these issues as being treated as disorders if the possibility of offending others could result. Also of note is that some of these disorders could be considered highly offensive to some just based on what behaviors or concepts they entail.)

I take these matters very seriously and I know they can cause offense. Rules for use of these disorders are mostly left absent in favor of listing fluff more for DM reference. Warnings against the inclusion of these conditions are presented at the beginning of the category and at the end of each of their separate entries to either give recommendations on if they should even be used or if it is used then they advise caution in their use carefully and respectfully for NPC's only and also for villains nearly exclusively for most of those you listed.

These are the unaltered entries for these conditions descriptions that I have developed.

LISTED CONDITION ENTRIES POSTED IN SPOILER TAG BELOW!!!
VIEW CONTENT:
Psychosexual Disorders: Due to the nature of these disorders the effects of such all fall under one baseline type of stimulus effect which causes similar results. The sexual urges inspired under this type of disorder are usually similar in effect though the target of this desire is often different and in many cases so taboo as to cause even discomfort to the afflicted as well. Some sufferers may accept this new desire as natural while others will fight it as unnatural thus it remains hard to quantify the process of such individuals. This condition while being inborn in some individuals is also sometimes a result of severe mental trauma and such traumatized individuals seldom accept the disorder without resisting. Unless otherwise noted this disorder causes the subject when in the presence of its desired sexual trigger to make a save against the DC of the original madness save or attempt to find a way to safely fulfill that desire. Even if they make the save every minute they remain in range they must make another such save with a -1 to their will save for every previous such save that day. What steps the subject of a failed will save is willing to take to satisfy these urges depends upon the alignment of the afflicted as well as the circumstances. If the subject failed on the first save from resisting, after they succumb to their desire they suffer a -4 morale penalty to all rolls for 24 hours and that penalty is lessened by 1 to a minimum of -1 for every save they make to resist before failure. If they fulfill their desire they may ignore other triggering situations for a duration of 1d4+1 hours afterward or as listed in the effect. If the subject cannot fulfill their desire in 1d4+1 minutes after failure they suffer the full associated penalty they would have if they did such but it is lessened by 1 to a minimum of 0. A list of such disorder types follows that explain the triggers and any further or altered effects of the disorder. (Note: This list treats these issues from the perspective of mental disorders and while some have come under controversy in modern society and are now no longer defined as such for the sake of a more underdeveloped understanding that a world like Ravenloft might still have they are listed as disorders none the less. The DM should consider carefully or explain the use of these issues as being treated as disorders if the possibility of offending others could result.)
*Transexualism (Gender Identity Disorder): The subject has the distinct impression that they are actually physically of the wrong gender to match their mental state and self-image as well as some physical awareness of gender. While more often an inborn condition it is not outside of the realm of possible mental disorders brought on through shock or long term mental abuse or trauma. The effects of a failed save do function as above but since the situation for the trigger is always present the character is considered always under penalty before the save is made and only alleviates the penalty to a minimum of -1 on any successful save for the duration of the encounter or 1d12+1 hours -1 hour per year afflicted with the condition to a minimum of 1 hour (Use whichever is longer). This conditions constant trigger requires the subject to live or at least be perceived as their target gender in order to negate the penalties associated with the mental stress of dealing with it. A character disguised mundanely or magically or transformed magically suffers no penalties as long as their bodies appearance or form conforms to the image they imagine (Disguises may satisfy some but others may crave actual physical transformation). Such characters doing so in rigid gender societies may find that if discovered they suffer severe hate and even outright danger resulting in an outcast rating. This rating could vary from a range of 1 to 5 or in extreme cases higher and stacks with current outcast ratings to determine the total in that community. If ever a subject fails a fear, horror or madness save due to events related to this condition by 5 or more add Depression to the effect of this as a secondary condition that must be cured separately. If they fail a further fear, horror or madness save due to events related to this condition by 10 or more increase this secondary condition to Suicidal Thoughts. These secondary conditions do not result in further ability damage but use the total of the primary condition. Of note is that while curing this specific condition due to trauma is often difficult due to the constant penalty, any attempts to convince those born with the condition suffer a penalty equal to the wisdom modifier of the sufferer. Even after cured, born sufferers still suffer a permanent -4 penalty to saves and checks against gas lighting into the same condition. (Note: This conditions use by NPC‘s or even PC’s is solely at the discretion of the DM. Aspects of gender identity and sexual preference can become very heated issues and this condition in modern times is not truly considered a mental illness. The use of this condition as a madness is recommended to be handled carefully if at all and only assigned by the DM for NPC’s generally. Using this condition with a PC’s should only be done if desired by that players choice and the and the inclusion of such a PC should be considered carefully before it is done even with highly mature groups and stories.)
*Psychosexual Dysfunction: A disturbance of sexual functioning, such as impotence, premature ejaculation, or anorgasmy, that may be caused by one's mental and emotional difficulties concerning sexuality rather than physical disorders. This condition only triggers in the event that a sexual situation with a preferred partner would occur. The subject must make the save so as to even become physically able to perform the action of intercourse. A failure beyond the penalties involved results in an inability to get the body to react as the mental stress and misconceptions of self, prevent the subject from performing no matter their desire. Whenever the subject would desire sex with a preferred partner they must make a madness save at the same DC as the original save or suffer one of the above forms of dysfunction listed in this entry. The type of dysfunction is usually the same with each incident though some sufferers experience various types. (Note: This conditions use by NPC‘s or even PC’s is solely at the discretion of the DM. Discussing this sort of sexual dysfunction can either become a joke or can become uncomfortable. Consider the maturity of tone and the maturity of the entire group before using this condition as more than a passing fact or rumor about an NPC. Using this condition with a PC is not recommended except with serious consideration even with highly mature groups and stories.)
*Nymphomania / Satyriasis: The female/male disorder causing sudden intense arousal resulting in extreme desire for the sexual act. The trigger for this condition is the presence of someone the subject finds as a sexually desirable partner. Those suffering from this condition are driven to find sexual gratification, often to the detriment of their other obligations. Whenever they are able within reasonable conditions to do so, they seek out partners to enjoy their carnal desires. Until they have fulfilled such desires they suffer a -2 for all rolls not working toward fulfilling those desires. They may make a will save to ignore those penalties for the day but for each day they do such they suffer a further -1 penalty to further will saves to resist. Once fulfilled, they receive a +1 morale bonus to all rolls following that for 24 hours. Otherwise use the baseline condition as listed above. (Note: This conditions use by NPC‘s or even PC’s is solely at the discretion of the DM. Sexual encounters resulting due to a mental condition can offend people, as the circumstances for exploitation of a person who is not in their right mind for sexual purposes can be considered abusive and can be considered to be rape. The use of this condition is recommended only for NPC’s and only with serious consideration even with highly mature groups and stories.)
*Psychosexual Sadism: While often attributed to be behind the motivations for most rapists this disorder is also connected to raw violence as well in its further gradations. This is not a simple want of dominance but is often fueled by such. The subject wishes pain upon a person derived from either mental or physical means while performing some sort of intercourse. While this can range from minor injury or verbal abuse it can also encompass major injury or mental trauma and lead to desires of sexual assault by some against unwilling partners in order to derive the desired state. (Note: This condition is not endorsed nor recommended for PC’s under any circumstances and the DM should think carefully before even bringing such a highly afflicted NPC into the game. Similarly even considering having a PC fall victim to such an NPC should be handled with the utmost care and delicacy if at all so as not to offend or ruin the game. An NPC who indulges in these desires even if claiming madness has committed one or even multiple Acts of Ultimate Darkness at the very least. This is the equivalent of a Rapist and Rape as such is a delicate topic that this level of implied insanity and morale perversion mixed together can become highly uncomfortable even for many groups open to such topics. Using this condition with even an NPC is not recommended except with major consideration and work even when used with highly mature groups and in mature stories.)
*Paraphilias: New and or unusual sexual situations, partners or objects are the trigger for this condition resulting in some odd circumstances. The afflicted of this condition more often than not desires the newness and oddness of a situation in order to be sexually satisfied. Thus should a new situation be provided such as those similar to the other psychosexual desires listed they need to make a save until such a time as they give in and try it once. For conditions with levels of or degrees of such behaviors they are always considered to desire the lowest level of such as if trying it out. Their alignment does allow them some level of control and they need not perform any action that would force them to make a powers check though interest could still linger. They also seek new and or strange/exotic partners or simply new/strange locations or new/strange conditions. A player should keep track of such and work with the DM should this come up. (Note: This conditions use by NPC‘s or even PC’s is solely at the discretion of the DM. Aspects of sexual arousal and sexual exploration can become jokes or even serious problem issues to some people. The use of this condition is recommended to be handled carefully and only assigned by the DM for NPC’s generally. Using this condition with PC’s should only be done by if allowed by that players choice and the inclusion of such a PC should be considered carefully if done with highly mature groups and stories.)
*Exhibitionism: Display of one’s genitals and in some advanced cases the performance of the act of sex in front of a crowd. This requires many set conditions for such however it is the act of being caught and being watched or seen that excites the subject. Minor versions of this disorder often lead to the streaking or flasher behaviors which result in arousal if a victim of their perversion is in the category of their sexual preference. This minor version of the disorder is listed above though the duration between needing to do so again is 1d3 days. The major version of this disorder requires that the subject be watched by at least one other person not including their partner during the event of sexual coupling. The number of people is not important and while they may still be uncomfortable this is the required trigger. To determine if this is the minor or major version of this disorder roll a d%. 1-85% minor and 86-100% major. (Note: This conditions use by NPC‘s or even PC’s is solely at the discretion of the DM. Discussing this sort of sexual exhibitionism can either become a joke or can become highly uncomfortable. Consider the maturity of tone and the maturity of the entire group before using this condition as more than a passing fact or rumor about an NPC or some twisted aspect to how they behave. Using this condition with a PC is not recommended except with serious consideration as it can become an issue even with highly mature groups and mature stories.)
*Frotteurism: Rubbing against people or objects for stimulation. As this is often specific (The people are preferred partners or the object is specific in some way to the person’s desires) the need for a save against this only occurs when the subject is in a position to have intercourse or self-gratification and not due to stress. When they are with a willing partner or in a private place that has the object they may attempt normally to initiate this behavior out of the need for such satisfaction. This behavior however carries an outcast rating of 1 to 2 with most people at the least and depending upon the circumstances may be greater in many circles. (Note: This conditions use by NPC‘s or even PC’s is solely at the discretion of the DM. Discussing this sort of sexual fetishism can either become a joke or can become highly uncomfortable. Consider the maturity of tone and the maturity of the entire group before using this condition as more than a passing fact or rumor about an NPC or some twisted aspect to how they behave. Using this condition with a PC is not recommended even with serious consideration as it can become an awkward subject to have to role-play even with highly mature groups and mature stories.)
*Psychosexual Masochism: This is not a simple want of being submissive but is often fueled by such and is the disorder thought to be responsible for allowing oneself to be victimized in a relationship or seeking dangerous situations. The subject wishes pain upon themselves derived from either mental or physical means while performing intercourse. While this can range from minor injury or verbal abuse it can also encompass major injury or mental trauma and lead to desires for sexual assault to be done unto them even going so far as to coerce or deceive others to get it. (Note: This condition is not endorsed nor recommended for PC’s under any circumstances and the DM should think carefully before even bringing such a highly afflicted NPC into the game. Similarly having a PC interact in such a way to an afflicted NPC is a vile and horrible abuse and should be considered a descent into depravity and evil. An NPC who indulges in indulging these desires even if claiming having consent has committed one or even multiple Acts of Ultimate Darkness at the very least. This is the equivalent of abusing the sick and being a Rapist and Rape as such is a delicate topic as this level of insanity and morale perversion mixed together can become highly uncomfortable even for many groups open to such topics. Using this condition with even an NPC is not recommended except with major consideration and work even when used with highly mature groups and in mature stories.)
*Necrophilia: The afflicted finds either death or the bodies of the dead sexually attractive and thus has dangers beyond simply the mental problems and being ostracized which may result from being revealed. This condition does not often necessitate dangerous behavior except with extreme sufferers and thus alignment and judgment still prevail but saves may still be required and penalties accrue even if the subject decides it is not worth the risk. The subject may still also be at risk due to diseases or undead and becoming undead. (Note: In the most cases this condition is not recommended for most PC’s without some very serious discussion and also some defined limits of the condition. Characters suffering this condition might become excited only by seeing death, or excited by vampires or such. Using this condition with even an NPC is not recommended except with major consideration and serious thought, even if it is used with highly mature groups and in mature stories.)
*Pedophilia: This is the aberrant attraction to any child under the age of consent and standards of adulthood. This condition is similar to psychosexual sadism and difference in power as well as corruption of something pure and innocent makes this an inexcusable crime. (Note: This is the rape of a child and should never reasonably be considered for a PC nor supported as some sort of triviality in a game. An NPC who indulges in these desires even if claiming madness has committed one or even multiple Acts of Ultimate Darkness at the very least. While a less advanced or simply deceptive culture may hide such behavior in some context it must be reaffirmed that this is perhaps one of the worst things that can be done to a child and public consent or dismissal makes it worse. This must be handled with extreme respect and preparation and should be discussed with the players if necessary before it is brought into such a game even with an NPC if it is used with any group or in any story.)
*Voyeurism: The afflicted likes to watch others either openly or from concealment while they perform sexual acts. Such sufferers will often indulge in self-gratification while watching such events if they can comfortably do so. The character will go to some extremes to witness the act or may accept circumstances that make it possible to witness such acts. This however does not stop them from avoiding clearly dangerous situations and though they may still risk such if they believe they can remain undetected. The character must see or hear the sexual act in order to satiate their impulse and must watch for at least 1d10+5 minutes or until completion. The character also seeks out parings to watch based around their own sexual orientation, thus heterosexual characters will choose to watch heterosexual couplings to the exclusion of others. (Note: This conditions use by NPC‘s or even PC’s is solely at the discretion of the DM. Discussing this sort of sexual voyeurism can either become a joke or can become highly uncomfortable. Consider the maturity of tone and the maturity of the entire group before using this condition as more than a passing fact or rumor about an NPC or some twisted aspect to how they behave. Using this condition with a PC is not recommended except with serious consideration as it can become an issue even with highly mature groups and mature stories.)
*Fetishism: Those afflicted with this psychosexual disorder require a sort of situation or fantasy as part of their own sexual acts. These fetishes can range from physical tools and aids to a sort of role-play that could be detailed or simply just implied through cooperation. Some of these fantasies or circumstances may overlap with the above conditions and if they do they use the listings for those how to handle those conditions for this condition. While this activity is sometimes done by sane but imaginative couples the sufferer of this disorder suffers the effects of psychosexual dysfunction unless they can complete their fantasy or required circumstance. (Note: This conditions use by NPC‘s or even PC’s is solely at the discretion of the DM. Discussing the use or creation of sexual fetishes can either become a joke or can become highly uncomfortable topic. Consider the maturity of tone and the maturity of the entire group before using this condition as more than a passing fact or rumor about an NPC or some twisted aspect to how they behave. Using this condition with a PC is not recommended except with very serious consideration and agreement by the player of the PC as it can become an issue even with highly mature groups and mature stories.)
*Bestiality: Sufferers of this affliction desire intercourse with a specific type of animal as their partner. This can result in some serious issues if revealed to others and is not accepted by any major cultures and few aberrant cultures or creatures as even an option. While other creatures such as dragons, magical beasts or aberrations may also be targets for this unnatural desire. Some with access to magic will take the form of the desired creature to ease the act but some are satisfied only with the idea of being in their humanoid form for the act. (Note: This condition is not endorsed nor recommended for PC’s under any circumstances and the DM should think carefully before even bringing such a highly afflicted NPC into the game. Similarly having a character interact sexually with an animal is a vile and horrible abuse of the animal and should be considered a descent into depravity and evil. An NPC who chooses to indulge these desires has committed one or even multiple Acts of Ultimate Darkness at the very least. This is the equivalent of abusing the weak and is similar to if not considered by some to be the same as Rape as such is a delicate topic as this level of insanity and morale perversion mixed together can become highly uncomfortable even for many groups open to such topics. Using this condition with even an NPC is not recommended except with major consideration and work even when used with highly mature groups and in mature stories.)
I understand if others find these subjects as distasteful and any edits or suggestions of removal will definitely be considered. As I said I listed them mostly for completeness as these conditions all require DM permission to use.

Thank you for pointing this out Ryan. Any other comments or criticisms you have on this or any of my other posts are welcome!
Last edited by A G Thing on Tue May 06, 2014 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

Well here is another 4th edition monster Darklord that is truly massive in conversion to Pathfinder.

I am speaking of course of Arantor and the Heart of Darkness... Enjoy and please ask, advise or just tell me what you like about it. This project is part of a revised bur... Well I'll just let you start reading...

Arantor's Stats
VIEW CONTENT:
Arantor, and the Heart of Darkness Darklord of Monadhan

The massive skeletal draconic form appears to be slumbering fitfully for all the oddness that a skeleton of both that size and configuration appearing even slightly emotive is both terrifying and also unnervingly correct. The shift of these bones in the dark blue light burning behind its sockets and within the cracks of a strange beating cluster of bones that vaguely and disturbingly beats as a heart. The massive silver dragon skeleton grinds the stone in its minor movements, almost drowning out the strange beat of the burning organ. Almost... But the strange sound is so very innately wrong you cannot understand it more than just feel it. The claws rend the stone and you only barely become aware that the creature has begun to wake from its increasingly violent nightmare.

Timeline
-c3374 BC The silver dragon known as Arantor is born from his egg.
c172 BC The silver dragon known as Imrrisa the daughter of Great Wyrm Arantor is born from her egg.
c239 BC The tiefling empire of Bael Turath battle the dragonborn of Arkhosia for dominion of the world.
c241 BC Arantor joins to aid the Arkhosian empire against the Bael Turath to glorify his own power.
c244 BC Imrissa and Arantor both blindly attack an enemy camp full of civilian refugees: families, elderly, infirm, and wounded. Arantor, concerned such a mistake would ruin his reputation, declared they would tell no one of the night’s events. Irrevocable words were uttered and as Imrissa turned to report the truth whatever the consequences, in a blind fit of rage, Arantor attacked killing Imrissa.
c244 BC To hide this from discovery, methodically, mercilessly, Arantor hunted down and butchered every last refugee, leaving nearly two thousand silent corpses in his wake.
c244 BC Arantor vanished into the wild, surfacing to launch ruthless attacks on Turathi targets, military and civilian alike. Each time Arantor left no survivors.
c252 BC Arantor tortures and kills members of a group of Turathi dragon slayers who are following him in an effort to dissuade their pursuit.
c257 BC After a long time, the team of Turathi dragon slayers tracked him to ground and destroyed him.
c257 BC Arantor awakens within his domain healthy, unable to escape but still aging as Darklord of Monadhan.
c588 BC Arantor dies of old age but spontaneously arises as undead, unable to escape through death and now joined and tormented by the heart of darkness.
760 BC Present day.

Powers Checks for Arantor
Caress (Murder Premeditated: Kills many enemies in war only for self-glorification: 10%; c576 BC): Remnant Breath.
Enticement (Murder Premeditated: Kills innocents in blind attack justified by a zeal for duty and honor: 10%; c576 BC): Influential Whispers.
Invitation (Murder Brutal: Murders daughter Imrissa in a proud rage to hide shame of his failure: AUD%; c576 BC): Betraying Breath.
Embrace (Murder Premeditated: Continues brutal war of extermination against all Turathi regardless of if they are innocent or not: AUD%; c576 BC): Dead Dragons Stride.
Creature (Torture Sadistic and Murder Brutal: Torturously kills and leaves the bodies of Turathi dragon hunters to taunt and dissuade others: AUD%; c252 BC): False Courage.
Darklord (Multiple Murder Premeditated: Takes Turathi town of innocents hostage threatening innocents deaths to try and escape the dragon slayers but planned to kill everyone anyways and murders them in vicious spite when about to be slain: 10%; c257 BC): Transformation Into Undead, Persistence, Darklord Powers.

Arantor, and the Heart of Darkness
Darklord of Monadhan

Undead Great Wyrm Silver Dragon CR 24
XP 1,230,000
LE Colossal Undead Dragon (cold)
Init +3; Senses dragon senses, fog vision; Perception +49
Aura cold, negative, frightful presence (360 ft., DC 37)
Defense
AC 39, touch 0, flat-footed 39; (–2 Dex, +39 natural, –8 size)
hp 381 (29d8+261)
Fort +16, Ref +16, Will +27
Defensive Abilities reflective bones; channel resistance +12: DR 20/bludgeoning and magic; Immune acid, cold, death effects, disease, electricity, mind-affecting effects, paralysis, poison, sleep, stunning; SR 40
Offense
Speed 40 ft., fly 250 ft. (poor); cloudwalking, graceful flight
Melee bite +35 (4d8+18/19–20), 2 claws +33 (4d6+12), 2 wings +33 (2d8+6), tail slap +33 (4d6+18)
Space 20 ft.; Reach 15 ft. (20 ft. with bite)
Special Attacks Remnant Breath (70-ft. cone, DC 29, 24d8 half cold half negative energy), crush, paralyzing breath, tail sweep
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 29th) At will—control weather, control winds, detect evil, feather fall, fog cloud, reverse gravity,
Spells Known (CL 19th)
9th (7/day)—energy drain (DC 28), implosion (DC 28), storm of vengeance (DC 28)
8th (7/day)—earthquake (DC 27), firestorm (DC 27), inflict critical wounds mass (DC 27)
7th (7/day)—holy word (DC 26), repulsion (DC 26), destruction (DC 26)
6th (7/day)—banishment (DC 25), greater dispel magic, harm (DC 25)
5th (8/day)—break enchantment, flame strike (DC 24), plane shift, wall of force
4th (8/day)—dimension door, freedom of movement, inflict critical wounds, solid fog
3rd (8/day)—inflict serious wounds, dispel magic, hold person (DC 22), wind wall
2nd (8/day)—augury, bulls strength, inflict moderate wounds, invisibility, web
1st (9/day)—bane, divine favor, protection from good, shield, true strike
0 (at will)—detect magic, flare (DC 19), light, message, prestidigitation, read magic, stabilize, resistance, virtue
Statistics
Str 39, Dex 6, Con –, Int 28, Wis 29, Cha 28
Base Atk +29; CMB +51; CMD 59 (55 vs. trip)
Feats Cleave, Critical Focus, Flyby Attack, Great Cleave, Hover, Improved Critical (bite), Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Lighting Reflexes, Multiattack, Power Attack, Quicken Spell, Skill Focus (Fly), Vital Strike, Weapon Focus (bite)
Skills Acrobatics +28, Bluff +6, Climb +22, Diplomacy +20, Disguise +21, Fly +22, Heal +26, Intimidate +62, Knowledge (arcana, history, local, nobility, planes, religion) +41, Perception +49, Perform -12, Sense Motive +49, Spellcraft +41, Stealth +2
Racial Modifiers +8 Perception, +8 Sense Motive, +8 Stealth checks.
Size Modifiers -8 Fly, -16 Stealth
Feat Modifiers +6 Fly
OR Skill Modifiers -21/-11 Bluff, -21/-11 Diplomacy, -21/-11 Perform +21 Intimidate.
Base OR Total 21 (When Arantor is not disguised)
Modified OR Total 11 (When Arantor is disguised)
Languages Auran, Arkhosian, Eastern Cavo, Western Cavo, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Halfling, Giant, Terran, Turathi.
SQ Change Shape, True Courage, Undead Traits
Ecology
Environment temperate mountains
Organization solitary
Treasure triple
Special Abilities
Change Shape (Su): Arantor can assume any animal or humanoid form three times per day as if using polymorph. While doing so however he appears sickly and he appears undead to all close physical inspection. Also the Heart of Darkness still whispers and can be heard through the chest cavity if one presses their ear to it.
Cloudwalking (Su): Arantor can tread on clouds or fog as though on solid ground. The darkpowers have expanded this ability however and when Arantor enters thick fog or clouds he may swim through them with a swim speed equal to his land speed while running.
Cold Aura (Su): Arantor as normal for a great wyrm silver dragon is surrounded by an aura of cold but as an undead it is similar to the chill of the grave. All creatures within 10 feet of the him take 2d6 points of cold damage at the beginning of the his turn. He may suppress or activate this aura at will as a free action.
Fog Vision (Ex): Arantor can see perfectly well in fog and clouds.
Graceful Flight (Ex): Arantor’s aerial maneuverability is one step better than normal.
Paralyzing Breath (Su): Instead of a cone of cold, Arantor can breathe a cone of paralyzing gas. Creatures within the cone must succeed on a Fortitude save or be paralyzed for 1d6 rounds plus 12 rounds.
Reflective Bones (Su): Any spell that targets Arantor but fails to penetrate his spell resistance might be reflected. If the caster level check to penetrate the Arantor’s spell resistance is failed by 5 or more, the spell is reflected. If the check fails by 4 or less, the spell is merely wasted. This ability, otherwise, functions as spell turning.
Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): Arantor gains the following spell-like abilities, usable at will. detect evil, feather fall, fog cloud, control winds, control weather, reverse gravity. Arantor’s caster level for its spell like abilities is 29.
False Courage (Ex): Arantor can fight on through pain and death. When reduced to below 0 hit points, he remains conscious, and can continue to act (although he is staggered). If Arantor takes damage or is the target of a spell that causes his death, he remains alive for 1 round and can act normally (he is not staggered for this final round). Arantor must attack or he may do nothing with this final round.
Dragon Senses (Ex): Arantor has darkvision 120 ft. and blindsense 60 ft. He can see four times as well as a human in dim light and twice as well in normal light.
Frightful Presence (Ex): Arantor’s frightful presence has a range equal to 360 feet, a DC of 37 and is considered a fear save/effect, but otherwise functions as detailed on page 300 of the Pathfinder Bestiary.
Spells: Arantor knows and casts cleric spells as arcane spells as if a sorcerer with a caster level of 19. The DC for these spells is equal to 10 + Arantor’s Charisma modifier + the spell level.
Damage Reduction: Dragons gain damage reduction as they age, as indicated on each dragon’s specific entry. Their natural weapons are treated as magic weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
Immunities (Ex): Arantor is immune to sleep and paralysis. In addition, he is also immune to acid and cold.
Spell Resistance (Ex): Arantor’s SR is 40.
Remnant Breath (Su): Arantor’s corruption of spirit has tainted his breath weapon, making it reflect the death and decay of his form and soul. His breath weapon functions as normal but the damage it deals is now half cold and half negative energy.
Betraying Breath (Su): The Heart of Darkness is not defenseless within or out of the skeleton of Arantor and being a wellspring of suffering and a manifestation of Arantor’s betrayal it has its own weapons it uses to spread this betrayal beyond its favored host and defend it at the same time. Within 360 degrees of Arantor on its initiative the Heart of Darkness can use this breath weapon which produces a 50ft cone that causes a Reflex save against 12d8 psychic damage and forces all creatures it covers to make a Will save versus its DC or become cursed, resulting in them being Staggered until they choose to strike an ally with lethal intent.
Influential Whispers (Sp): As a standard action the Heart of Darkness may force all creatures within 100ft able to hear the dark whispers it speaks to make a Will save each round it uses this ability or else they take 2d10 non-lethal psychic damage and are affected as if under the spell dominate. On a successful save they take no damage and are unaffected by the effect for that round. Any victim of this effect will be commanded to defend Arantor or the Heart, or simply wait for him to slay them depending upon the situation but they must remain within 100ft or the effect is ended and as such they will not willingly exit the area. They may make a new save each round to break free of the effect but this provides no further protection to subsequent rounds.
Dead Dragon’s Stride (Su): Arantor as a creature of vast magical ability has also become a creature of darkness and death and is thus connected to the fabric of these dimensions. Once per round when moving he may choose to shift physically and exist only in both the ethereal and shadow planes in his domain for 50ft of that movement. He perceives things in both planes normally while moving in them. While he may move less than 50ft down to 5ft if wished, during this move, he must choose to use this ability before he decides where to move and this movement must all be used in one part of the movement as it may not be divided into multiple smaller distances. He may only use this ability once per round even if he is granted movement again in another way.
Two Souls (Ex): While the Heart of Darkness is not truly Imrissa, the dark soul that fuels it does exist though it plays at being Arantor’s daughter. It holds great power over Arantor and can act even while entombed within his corpse. Thus Arantor and the Heart of Darkness are considered to be two creatures though they share a body. Effects that can affect one affect the other but effects that deal damage unless targeted directly at the Heart of Darkness in some manner only affect Arantor. Such damaging effects if they allow a reflex save for half damage are automatically reduced to 0 if the Heart makes a save and is still within Arantor as if it had evasion. Arantor and the Heart both may at least take a standard action each round, but Arantor may choose to move either on his or the Hearts initiative. Arantor acts on the first initiative result and the Heart acts on the second initiative result. The first is Arantor’s turn, and the second is the Heart of Darkness’s turn. If Arantor chooses to move on the Heart of Darkness’s turn he can only move up to 50ft and only by using Dead Dragon’s Stride.
Shattered Prison: Arantor holds within his breast the Heart of Darkness which is the undead skeletal remains of his daughter animated by some dark thing born of his guilt from his betrayal. When Arantor is reduced to 0 or fewer hit points, Arantor’s corpse cracks open and releases the Heart of Darkness controlling the remains of Imrissa, who continues to fight. It’s abilities and statistics are listed separately below.
The Weight of Remorse: Arantor’s past is a bloody one, full of carnage and slaughtered innocents. While he lies to others however he cannot, nor would the Heart of Darkness let him forget, that he truly did do these things. Although Arantor and the Heart of Darkness can be fought in the traditional manner, the pair is somewhat more powerful than one might expect. The key to defeating them is calling upon Arantor’s remorse to weaken the power of the Heart of Darkness and the influence it has over him. If someone takes the face of one of his victims and attempts to call on his remorse, seek to distract, disable or even turn his rage against himself it could distract him from the Hearts manipulation. A character facing Arantor while disguised as one of his past victims may take a standard action to use one of the following skills to try and manipulate his guilt and remorse to blunt his rage and his connection with the Heart of Darkness. The character may choose to use Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Knowledge Arcana / History / Religion or Sense Motive to try and manipulate Arantor. The DC of these checks is equal to his Will save but some modifiers may increase or lower this DC. If this is done within Arantor’s lair in the caverns and the character stands within the unnatural fog that manifests from his guilt and remorse, much like the Heart of Darkness is a manifestation of his betrayal and rage. When a character stands within them they receive a +10 to all Disguise checks to convince Arantor they are a past victim as he see’s hallucinations of such more often in this dark place. A character who has discovered Imrissa’s name and uses it during this event gains a +2 bonus to all checks. If Imrissa’s spirit is present, all PCs gain a +5 bonus to their checks. These bonuses do not stack. Penalties placed on Arantor from each category stack but multiple attempts in the same category do not in the same encounter. Should a character fail a category of skill check against Arantor, the Heart of Darkness retains some of its hold on Arantor despite the appeals to his conscience. The effects already accrued remain, but the skill challenge for that category by that character can no longer be accessed during this encounter.
Bluff: The PC spins stories about the lives of Arantor’s victims, playing up their innocence and the tragedy of their undeserved slaughter while filling him with doubt.
If spoken in Turathi it grants a +2 bonus to the bluff roll.
Arantor takes a –1 penalty to attack rolls and AC and increases the delay for his breath weapons by one round between uses until the end of the encounter. He is stunned for 1d4 rounds.
Diplomacy: The PC begs and pleads with Arantor for mercy while playing the role of the victim he or she resembles or attempts to call upon Arantor’s decency and honor.
If spoken in Turathi it grants a +3 bonus to the diplomacy roll.
Arantor takes a –1 penalty to attack rolls and AC and increases the delay for his breath weapons by one round between uses until the end of the encounter. The Heart of Darkness can no longer act on its turn for 1d4 rounds or until he uses shattered prison or a character fails another skill check.
Intimidate: The PC uses their assumed faces to threaten Arantor with divine judgment or to demand to know why they were attacked.
If spoken in Turathi it grants a +3 bonus to the intimidate roll but also increases the effect.
Arantor takes a –1 penalty to attack rolls and AC and increases the delay for his breath weapons by one round between uses until the end of the encounter. It also deals 4d10 psychic damage to Arantor. A failed check enrages Arantor, providing him with a +2 bonus to attack rolls and a +6 bonus to damage rolls until the end of the PC’s next turn. If the intimidate check however was spoken in Turathi then the bonus to both attack and damage is doubled for this round and then the following round it is reduced back to normal and on the third it is ended. Arantor will then continue attack the one who intimidated with Turathi until the end of the encounter or they drop.
Knowledge History: The PC recites a litany of the places and peoples ravaged by Arantor in his time, allowing his or her allies to better tailor their stories.
Arantor takes a –1 penalty to attack rolls, will saves and AC until the end of the encounter. He also takes a -5 to all skill checks for 1d4 rounds. A successful History check also grants a +2 bonus to the next Bluff or Diplomacy check.
Knowledge Arcana or Religion: The PC uses their extensive knowledge of the flow of magic or the undead to discern the effects each check has had and steer their allies accordingly.
Using these skills grants a +2 bonus or –2 penalty to the next character’s check and also allows a +1 bonus to the next save against a spell, spell-like or supernatural attack used by Arantor.
Sense Motive: The PC appeals to Arantor’s conscience and feelings of remorse, slowly homing in on the correct path to take.
Arantor takes a –1 penalty to attack rolls and all defenses until the end of the encounter. A successful check reveals that a failed Intimidate check enrages Arantor and grants a +2 bonus to the next check in the skill challenge.
Persistence: Simple physical destruction cannot end the existence of Arantor. Without the fulfillment of specific conditions, the remains of Arantor lie still and slowly discorporate into mist. Meanwhile the horizons darken and a strong wind begins to blow as a violent thunderstorm rolls in. At the next dusk (the moment the sun falls to the horizon) Arantor manifests and awakes within the storm and reenacts the night he murdered Imrissa before returning to his lair. The only way to permanently destroy Arantor and dissolve the domain is to have him truly repent for the murder of his daughter and to utter her name in genuine sorrow.
This monumental task would be all but impossible if it were not for what lies buried deep beneath the surface of Monadhan. The pit is not a totally natural occurrence; when Arantor murdered Imrissa, he cast her corpse down through the storm that raged above the outpost. Imrissa’s body came to earth west of the refugee camp and punched through a thin ceiling of rock and into a subterranean opening. In the warped reflection that is Arantor’s domain of dread, that shallow cavern became the massive, yawning pit that opens along the western cliffs. A twisted series of passages, disturbingly reminiscent of blood vessels, culminate in an open chamber. In the center, there appears to be a young, translucent silver dragon curled in slumber. Awaking the image allows Imrissa’s spirit to enter the domain, using the image as a vessel. If Arantor and the Heart of Darkness are defeated while Imrissa’s spirit is present, Arantor’s mind clears at last and he tears the Heart of Darkness from his chest and crushes it before slipping into darkness. As his final sigh of “Imrissa” is uttered, the domain goes silent and the mists begin to pour into the valley like a tidal wave unless another dark soul exists to take over as the new lord. Should the domain collapse however, the PCs and any good or unaligned residents find themselves back in the world at the ruins of Monadhan, and the traitorous inhabitants are shifted to another domain of dread.
The Heart of Darkness Stats
VIEW CONTENT:
The Heart of Darkness
Undead Young Adult Silver Dragon CR 15
XP 9,600
LE Huge undead dragon (cold)
Init +5; Senses dragon senses, fog vision; Perception +17
Defense
AC 26, touch 8, flat-footed 26; (+18 natural, –2 size)
hp 139 (15d8+75)
Fort +10, Ref +8, Will +12
DR 10/Bludgeoning and Magic; Immune acid, cold, death effects, disease, electricity, mind-affecting effects, paralysis, poison, sleep, stunning; SR 40
Offense
Speed 40 ft., fly 200 ft. (average); cloudwalking, graceful flight
Melee bite +16 (2d8+7), 2 claws +15 (2d6+5), 2 wings +13 (1d8+2), tail +13 (2d6+7)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft. (10 ft. with bite)
Special Attacks breath weapon (40-ft. cone, DC 18, 6d8 cold), Crush,
paralyzing breath
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 11th)
At will—detect evil, feather fall,
Spells Known (CL 5th)
2nd (4/day)—bulls strength, inflict moderate wounds, web
1st (6/day)—bane, divine favor, shield, true strike
0 (at will)—detect magic, flare (DC 19), light, message, read magic, resistance
Statistics
Str 25, Dex 10, Con –, Int 20, Wis 21, Cha 20
Base Atk +11; CMB +17; CMD 28 (32 vs. trip)
Feats BF-Dark Speech, BF-Dark Whispers, BF-Filthy Outburst, BF-Dark Tongue, Hover, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Multiattack, Power Attack, Weapon Focus (bite)
Skills Acrobatics +12, Diplomacy +17, Fly +13, Heal +17, Intimidate +17, Know. (local) +17, Perception +17, S. Motive +17, Spellcraft +17
Languages Knows every language Arantor and the Dark Speech.
SQ change shape
Ecology
Environment temperate mountains
Organization solitary
Treasure triple
Special Abilities
Change Shape (Su): The Heart of Darkness can assume any animal or humanoid form three times per day as if using polymorph. While doing so however it appears sickly and it appears undead to all close physical inspection. Also the Heart of Darkness’s whispers and can be heard through the chest cavity if one presses their ear to it.
Cloudwalking (Su): The Heart of Darkness can tread on clouds or fog as though on solid ground. The darkpowers have expanded this ability however and when The Heart of Darkness enters thick fog or clouds it may swim through them with a swim speed equal to its land speed while running.
Cold Aura (Su): The Heart of Darkness as normal for a young adult silver dragon is surrounded by an aura of cold but as an undead it is similar to the chill of the grave. All creatures within 10 feet of the it take 1d6 points of cold damage at the beginning of the its turn. It may suppress or activate this aura at will as a free action.
Fog Vision (Ex): The Heart of Darkness as a young adult silver dragon can see perfectly well in fog and clouds.
Graceful Flight (Ex): The Heart of Darkness as a young adult silver dragon’s aerial maneuverability is one step better than normal.
Paralyzing Breath (Su): Instead of a cone of cold, the Heart of Darkness can breathe a cone of paralyzing gas. Creatures within the cone must succeed on a Fortitude save or be paralyzed for 1d6 rounds plus 5 rounds.
Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): Arantor gains the following spell-like abilities, usable at will. detect evil, feather fall. Arantor’s caster level for its spell like abilities is 11.
Dragon Senses (Ex): Arantor has darkvision 120 ft. and blindsense 60 ft. He can see four times as well as a human in dim light and twice as well in normal light.
Frightful Presence (Ex): Arantor’s frightful presence has a range equal to 360 feet, a DC of 37 and is considered a fear save/effect, but otherwise functions as detailed on page 300 of the Pathfinder Bestiary.
Spells: The Heart of Darkness knows and casts cleric spells as arcane spells as if a sorcerer with a caster level of 5. The DC for these spells is equal to 10 + The Heart’s Charisma modifier + the spell level.
Damage Reduction: Dragons gain damage reduction as they age, as indicated on each dragon’s specific entry. Their natural weapons are treated as magic weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
Immunities (Ex): The Heart of Darkness is immune to sleep and paralysis. In addition, it is also immune to acid and cold.
Spell Resistance (Ex): The Heart of Darkness’s SR is 40.
Remnant Breath (Su): The Heart of Darkness is composed of the corruption of infesting Arantor’s spirit and as such its breath weapon is also tainted, making it reflect the death and decay of its form as it corrupts his soul. Its breath weapon functions as normal but the damage it deals is now half cold and half negative energy.
Betraying Breath (Su): The Heart of Darkness is not defenseless within or out of the skeleton of Arantor and being a wellspring of suffering and a manifestation of Arantor’s betrayal it has its own weapons it uses to spread this betrayal beyond its favored host and defend it at the same time. Within 360 degrees of Arantor on its initiative the Heart of Darkness can use this breath weapon which produces a 50ft cone that causes a Reflex save against 12d8 psychic damage and forces all creatures it covers to make a Will save versus its DC or become cursed, resulting in them being Staggered until they choose to strike an ally with lethal intent.
Influential Whispers (Sp): As a standard action the Heart of Darkness may force all creatures within 100ft able to hear the dark whispers it speaks to make a Will save each round it uses this ability or else they take 2d10 non-lethal psychic damage and are affected as if under the spell dominate. On a successful save they take no damage and are unaffected by the effect for that round. Any victim of this effect will be commanded to defend Arantor or the Heart, or simply wait for him to slay them depending upon the situation but they must remain within 100ft or the effect is ended and as such they will not willingly exit the area. They may make a new save each round to break free of the effect but this provides no further protection to subsequent rounds.
Dead Dragon’s Stride (Su): Once the Heart of Darkness is free of Arantor’s body it is still a creature of vast magical ability has also is a creature of darkness and death and is thus connected to the fabric of these dimensions. Once per round when moving it may choose to shift physically and exist only in both the ethereal and shadow planes in its domain for 50ft of that movement. It perceives things in both planes normally while moving in them. While it may move less than 50ft down to 5ft if wished, during this move, it must choose to use this ability before it decides where to move and this movement must all be used in one part of the movement as it may not be divided into multiple smaller distances. It may only use this ability once per round even if it is granted movement again in another way.
As always please ask or tell me anything you like or dislike and suggest alterations or such. I will post again as soon as I am able to!
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

Time for a Ravenloft Prestige Class that I have converted to a Archetype. The Black Powder Avenger...
VIEW CONTENT:
Black Powder Avenger
Level - BAB - Fort Save / Ref Save / Will Save / Special
1st - +1 - +2 / +2 / +0 / Signature Weapon, Grit, Gunsmith, Avenger’s Virtue,
2nd - +2 - +3 / +3 / +0 / Nimble +1
3rd - +3 - +3 / +3 / +1 / Deeds
4th - +4 - +4 / +4 / +1 / Create Incendiary 1d6,
5th - +5 - +4 / +4 / +1 / Gun Training 1
6th - +6/+1 - +5 / +5 / +2 / Nimble +2
7th - +7/+2 - +5 / +5 / +2 / Lightining Reload,
8th - +8/+3 - +6 / +6 / +2 / Create Incendiary 2d6,
9th - +9/+4 - +6 / +6 / +3 / Gun Training 2
10th - +10/+5 - +7 / +7 / +3 / Nimble +3, Powder Monkey,
11th - +11/+6/+1 - +7 / +7 / +3 / Evasive,
12th - +12/+7/+2 - +8 / +8 / +4 / Create Incendiary 2d6,
13th - +13/+8/+3 - +8 / +8 / +4 / Gun Training 3
14th - +14/+9/+4 - +9 / +9 / +4 / Nimble +4
15th - +15/+10/+5 - +9 / +9 / +5 / Detonate,
16th - +16/+11/+6/+1 - +10 / +10 / +5 / Create Incendiary 4d6,
17th - +17/+12/+7/+2 - +10 / +10 / +5 / Gun Training 4
18th - +18/+13/+8/+3 - +11 / +11 / +6 / Nimble +5
19th - +19/+14/+9/+4 - +11 / +11 / +6 / Deeds
20th - +20/+15/+10/+5 - +12 / +12 / +6 / Create Incendiary 5d6, True Grit

Heroes from medieval realms purge evil with flame and sword. More modern adventurers have a deadlier weapon in their arsenal: black powder. Pragmatic warriors would consider a pistol or musket a desperate choice for a favored weapon. Not only is it more difficult to load than a crossbow or bow, but the presence of fire (or incendiary spells) is extremely dangerous to any soldier burdened with explosives. Even in the Renaissance realms, a pistol or musket is often seen as a weapon best discharged before melee ensues. Only a mad person would carry multiple pistols or take dire risks with homemade bombs.
The thirst for vengeance however can drive someone mad. A blackpowder avenger often fanatically pursues the study of one weapon as the instrument of their vengeance, but they also seem to clearly place little value on their own life. The would be avenger typically begins their career in a mad passion for blood, eager to mete justice against a monstrous or supernatural evil that has caused them pain. A few plot to assassinate high ranking nobles, holding them responsible for the suffering in their domains. Others even look to use this black powder to explosively reduce the places of their nemesis’s power to rubble. While zeal, revenge, and bloodlust aren’t particularly virtuous traits, an avenger who survives their first crusade may become a valued ally to heroes eager to drive back the forces of darkness.

Special: The character’s domain of origin must be one with a Renaissance cultural level (CL9).
Alignment: Any but must be considered Virtuous.
Hit Dice: d10.

Class Skills
The black powder avenger’s class skills are Acrobatics (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (engineering) (Int), Knowledge (local) (Int), Perception (Wis), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str).

Skill Ranks per Level: 4 + Int modifier.

Class Features
The following are class features of the black powder avenger archetype.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Black powder avengers are proficient with all simple and martial weapons, and with all firearms. They are proficient with all light armor.

Avenger’s Virtue (Ex): The Black Powder Avenger’s main reason for taking up the path of the gun is to strike back at those whose lack of virtue has caused them and others suffering. Should an Avenger ever do anything that grossly violates the spirit of this good intent and is thus no longer considered Virtuous they can no longer benefit from their Signature Weapon deed or the associated Detonate deed and must meet the level prerequisites of any other deeds given by the class as if a normal Gunslinger to use them.

Signature Weapon (Ex): At 1st level the Black Powder Avenger chooses one particular weapon as the instrument of their vengeance and through training and some level of personal obsession bonds with the weapon. This weapon must be the same one they choose for the Gunsmith ability as well. The Black Powder Avenger permanently invests one point of Wisdom into the weapon and from the moment this bond is made, the weapon gains an enhancement bonus to attack and damage of +1 and a further +1 for every three levels the character has in the Gunslinger Black Powder Avenger Archetype (Maximum +5) as long as the Avenger has 1 grit left in his pool. He also deals extra damage while using this weapon equal to his Wisdom modifier. The enhancement bonus cannot be used to put abilities on the weapon and is only an enhancement bonus to attack and damage. While he or his Powder Monkey are carrying his signature weapon the Avenger still has access to that point of wisdom though if separated from it by more than 30ft for a number of rounds equal to his level, his wisdom drops by one until he recovers it. Only the Black Powder Avenger gets the bonus for using this weapon. In the hands of anyone else, the weapon functions normally. If the character loses this signature weapon, he loses the invested point with it thus he may go to some lengths to recover it. Still he may invest another point of Wisdom to dedicate another weapon, but the first weapon loses its enhancement even if the Avenger is ever able to recover/repair it. Most Black Powder Avengers give their signature weapon a name, and treat it as if their lives depend on it. If the Black Powder Avenger finds a way to grant an enhancement bonus to his ammunition, it does not stack with the enhancement bonus granted by his signature weapon ability. This replaces the Deed gained by the Gunslinger at 1st level.

Create Incendiary (Ex): At 4th level the Black Powder Avenger gains the Bomb ability as if an Alchemist of the Black Powder Avengers level except as follows. A Black Powder Avenger can use a number of bombs each day equal to his class level + his Wisdom modifier. These Bombs are mostly stable in their hands but to be safe only one such bomb may be readied at a time. These bombs are highly susceptible to fire and pose a hazard thus to prevent harm to themselves and their Powder Monkeys, Black Powder Avengers aware of this risk only have so much on themselves and use other methods when they must produce larger and more stable quantities of explosives. The Black Powder Avenger may use his skill at crafting and producing powder and firearms to produce these bombs and the cost for such is 2 silver per bomb. Arming and throwing a bomb requires a standard action that provokes an attack of opportunity. The Avenger’s bombs deal 1d6 points of fire damage + additional damage equal to the Avenger’s Wisdom modifier. This ability increases in effectiveness by 1d6 for every four levels the Black Powder Avenger attains to a maximum of 5d6 (this bonus damage is not multiplied on a critical hit or by using feats such as Vital Strike). Splash damage from an Avenger’s bomb is always equal to the bomb’s minimum damage (so if the bomb would deal 2d6+4 points of fire damage on a direct hit, its splash damage would be 6 points of fire damage). Those caught in the splash damage can attempt a Reflex save for half damage. The DC of this save is equal to 10 + 1/2 the Avenger’s level + the Avenger’s Wisdom modifier. With each listed increase the Avenger may also select a Discovery related to the Bomb ability from the Alchemist discoveries list, but only from the following list: Concussive Bomb, Delayed Bomb, Explosive Bomb, Fast Bombs, Inferno Bomb, Precise Bomb, Smoke Bomb. Such discoveries are applied to a bomb when it is created and may not be changed or removed from that bomb after they are added. Unlike an Alchemist’s bombs an Avengers are mundane thus they do not become inert if used or carried by others but the Avenger knows they are risky and thus only he and his Powder Monkey know the secret safety measures of how to safely use the bombs he created and carries. Anyone attempting to use an Avengers bomb that he or his Powder Monkey has not prepared automatically detonates it upon themselves and takes damage as if hit by the bomb. Should however an Avenger or his Powder Monkey (or anyone foolish enough to carry them) take damage from a fire effect requiring a Reflex save or catch fire while carrying any bombs they must roll a separate Reflex save at the same DC or if none available equal to the damage, but with a -1 penalty to their roll for every bomb they carry. Should they fail this save all bombs they have in their possession detonate as if they hit the one carrying them. This replaces the Bonus Feats gained by the Gunslinger.

Powder Monkey (Ex): At 10th level the Black Powder Avenger gains an apprentice as a cohort as if they had the Leadership feat. If they have the Leadership feat, this is in addition to any cohorts gained as a result of his leadership score. The Powder Monkey is a Gunslinger of a level equal to one half the level of a cohort for the characters level. As long as you treat him fairly he’ll offer to carry your explosives for you. In exchange, you must also train him in the basics of firearms use and the skills of a Gunslinger. Most Powder Monkeys have the same tragic backgrounds as Black Powder Avengers; thus, they also value vengeance above their own survival.

Lightning Reload (Ex): At 7th level, as long as the Black Powder Avenger has at least 1 grit point, she can reload a single barrel of a one-handed or two-handed firearm as a swift action once per round. If she has the Rapid Reload feat or is using an alchemical cartridge (or both), she can reload a single barrel of the weapon as a free action each round instead. Furthermore, using this deed does not provoke attacks of opportunity. This replaces the Deed gained by the Gunslinger at 7th level.

Evasive (Ex): At 11th level, when the Avenger has at least 1 grit point, she gains the benefit of the evasion, uncanny dodge, and improved uncanny dodge rogue class features. She uses her Avenger level as her rogue level for improved uncanny dodge. This replaces the Deed gained by the Gunslinger at 11th level.

Detonation (Ex): At 14th level the Black Powder Avenger by spending a Grit and using an extra dose of powder can, “overtamp” the powder in his signature weapon to inflict a hellish amount of damage. Preparing the charge and detonating it are each a full-round action. The Avenger uses his normal base attack bonus (including all relevant modifiers) with an additional +4 competence bonus to the attack roll. The threat range for a critical hit is doubled, and the attack deals maximum possible damage (regardless of if it is a normal or critical hit). After using Detonation, the avenger cannot use the signature weapon again until he spends an hour repairing the weapon. This replaces the Deed gained by the Gunslinger at 14th level.
Comments, criticisms, praise or even just your own takes on these entries, like always is appreciated. Hope to hear from someone as I am trying to work on these as quickly as I can!
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

Time for another Ravenloft Prestige Class that I have converted to a Archetype. The Hallowed Witch...
VIEW CONTENT:
Hallowed Witch
Level - BAB- Fort / Ref / Will / Special / 0 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th
1st - +0 - +0 / +0 / +2 / Cantrips, Primal Magic, Witch’s Familiar, Craft Focus, Disciple of the Weave. / 3 1 — — — — — — — —
2nd - +1 - +0 / +0 / +3 / Hex / 4 2 — — — — — — — —
3rd - +1 - +1 / +1 / +3 / Spell Resistance 12 / 4 2 1 — — — — — — —
4th - +2 - +1 / +1 / +4 / Pure Coven / 4 3 2 — — — — — — —
5th - +2 - +1 / +1 / +4 / Spell Resistance 13 / 4 3 2 1 — — — — — —
6th - +3 - +2 / +2 / +5 / Hex / 4 3 3 2 — — — — — —
7th - +3 - +2 / +2 / +5 / Spell Resistance 14 / 4 4 3 2 1 — — — — —
8th - +4 - +2 / +2 / +6 / Hex / 4 4 3 3 2 — — — — —
9th - +4 - +3 / +3 / +6 / Spell Resistance 15 / 4 4 4 3 2 1 — — — —
10th - +5 - +3 / +3 / +7 / Hex, Major Hex / 4 4 4 3 3 2 — — — —
11th - +5 - +3 / +3 / +7 / Spell Resistance 16 / 4 4 4 4 3 2 1 — — —
12th - +6/+1 - +4 / +4 / +8 / Greater Coven / 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 — — —
13th - +6/+1 - +4 / +4 / +8 / Spell Resistance 17 / 4 4 4 4 4 3 2 1 — —
14th - +7/+2 - +4 / +4 / +9 / Hex / 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 — —
15th - +7/+2 - +5 / +5 / +9 / Spell Resistance 18 / 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 2 1 —
16th - +8/+3 - +5 / +5 / +10 / Hex / 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 —
17th - +8/+3 - +5 / +5 / +10 / Spell Resistance 19 / 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 2 1
18th - +9/+4 - +6 / +6 / +11 / Hex, Grand Hex / 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 2
19th - +9/+4 - +6 / +6 / +11 / Spell Resistance 20 / 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 3
20th - +10/+5 - +6 / +6 / +12 / Hex / 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4

The hallowed witch (or warlocks, if males) are what the devotees of Hala consider some of the goddesses purest servants. They wield and use the purer essence of the Weave to work her will. The hidden web of magical power which flows through the natural world. The magic of the Weave is not arcane nor divine, but something wholly different, the mystical pulse of the land and all its living creatures. Hags have learned to tap into the Weave and corrupt it to their whims, tangling it like a cat’s cradle on their wicked talons. For those who are pure of heart and wise in the ways of magic, however, the Weave can open up new realms of magical power, brimming with all the fury of nature Herself. These are the hallowed witches, spellcasters who have seen the pattern of the Weave and made it their ally, tool, and weapon. Their art is known as witchcraft, and in its pursuit they gather together in covens to fortify their power.
Role: While some hallowed witches are recluses, living on the edge of civilization, seldom do they remove themselves from the knowledge of all other witches of Hala. They are those who commune with the Goddess Hala, and this insight into the secrets of the weave and faith often make them leaders and sages. The power they bring to a coven is immense compared to those who have not accepted and mastered the practices to tapping the pure weave. They often travel the realms, looking after distant hospices and covens of witches and searching for sources of corruption to the weave, protecting it from abuse and even destroying those evil creatures that would abuse such power such as hags and the like.

Special: The witch must be a follower of the religion of the Goddess Hala.
Alignment: Any Neutral.
Hit Die: d6.

Class Skills
The hallowed witch’s class skills are Craft (Int), Fly (Dex), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (history) (Int), Knowledge (nature) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Knowledge (planes) (Int), Profession (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), Survival (Wis), and Use Magic Device (Cha).

Skill Ranks per Level: 2 + Int modifier.

Class Features
The following are the class features of the hallowed witch.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Hallowed witches are proficient with all simple weapons. They are not proficient with any type of armor or shield. Armor interferes with a hallowed witch’s access of the weave, which can cause her spells with somatic components to fail (see Arcane Spells and Armor on page 83 of the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook).

Spells: A hallowed witch casts arcane/divine spells drawn from the hallowed witch spell list. A hallowed witch must choose and prepare her spells ahead of time. To learn or cast a spell, a hallowed witch must have a Charisma score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a hallowed witch’s spell is 10 + the spell level + the hallowed witch’s Charisma modifier. A hallowed witch can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. In addition, she receives bonus spells per day if she has a high Charisma score (see Table 1–3 of the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook). A hallowed witch may know any number of spells. She must choose and prepare her spells ahead of time by getting 8 hours of sleep and spending 1 hour communing with her familiar. While communing, the hallowed witch decides which spells to prepare.

Cantrips: Hallowed witches can prepare a number of cantrips, or 0-level spells, each day, as noted on Table 2–10 under “Spells per Day.” These spells are cast like any other spell, but they are not expended when cast and may be used again. Cantrips prepared using other spell slots, due to metamagic feats for example, are expended normally.

Primal Magic: Hallowed witches are attuned with magic differently than other witches in the land of Ravenloft in that they actually tap into the weave, which allows them to access a purer sort of magic. For the purposes of determining if a spell the hallowed witch casts is divine or arcane it counts as both. Thus, while methods that defeat arcane magic alone do not affect her spells, methods that target divine spells only do not affect her spells either. Any effect that would work against one of these types is ignored unless it targets both divine and arcane spells.

Craft Focus: The hallowed witch while attuned with magic more closely must choose and have present an implement that has been attuned to their powers in order to use the Hexes other witches use as it channels the excess power respectfully and safely. A craft focus is a fine to large object weighing no more than 5 pounds and must have a hardness of at least 5. Without this focus the hallowed witch may not use their hexes at full strength and they suffer a -5 to the DC’s of their hexes as they cannot control the weave. At 4th level and every four levels after that decrease this penalty by 1 to a minimum of 0 as the hallowed witch becomes more able to use her powers on her own. Upon the penalty being reduced to 0 at 20th level the hallowed witch gains a +1 to the DC of all her hexes while holding her craft focus. If a hallowed witches craft focus is destroyed she must find a new item to replace it and spend a number of days equal to her level attuning herself to the new craft focus before it has any effect.

Disciple of the Weave: A hallowed witch is selected not just for talent or power in handling the art of magic but also because of their connection to both Hala and the weave. Thus those that would tap the true powers of the weave must learn to respect it and also the Goddess that granted it. All hallowed witches must worship Hala, be neutral in at least their moral or ethical alignment and must also be taught by a coven of other witches led by a hallowed witch. While a hallowed witch does not need to be a priest or priestess of Hala they do have to do their best to follow the tenants of their religion and keep their outlook at least partially neutral. A hallowed witch who deliberately defies these requirements loses access to the Primal Magic, Craft Focus, Pure Coven and Greater Coven abilities and must seek atonement from a servant of Hala before she can use them again.

Pure Coven (Ex): The hallowed witch at 4th level counts as a hag for the purpose of joining a hag’s coven. However any coven she joins must not knowingly contain a hag as it is against her faith and practices. In addition, whenever the hallowed witch is within 30 feet of another witch with the coven hex, she can use the aid another action to grant a +1 bonus to the other witch’s caster level for 1 round. This bonus applies to the witch’s spells and all of her hexes.
When three witches of any type (One of which must be the hallowed witch) gather, they can form a coven to gain increased magical ability. Any combination of witches can form a coven, but due to the practices common association with hags, many non-hallowed witches may be afraid that a hollowed witch might just be a disguised hag trying to lure them into adding their power to such a foul gathering.
Whenever all three witches of a particular coven are within 10 feet of one another, all three of them can work together to use any of the following spell-like abilities: animate dead, baleful polymorph, blight, bestow curse, clairaudience/clairvoyance, charm monster, commune, control weather, creeping doom, dream, forcecage, geas/quest, greater scrying, heal, healing circle, insanity, legend lore, live oak, mass suggestion, mind blank, mirage arcana, reincarnate, speak with dead, veil, stone tell, summon natures ally VII, vision.
All three witches must take a fullround action to take part in this form of cooperative magic. All coven spell-like abilities function at CL 9th (or at the highest CL available to the most powerful witch in the coven). The save DCs are Charisma-based, and the spell-like ability DCs are adjusted by the highest Charisma modifier of the witches involved.
At the GM’s discretion, certain more powerful covens might have additional spell-like abilities.

Greater Coven (Ex): The hallowed witch at 12th level communes with the weave fully and can increase the number of witches in her coven up to 13. The number can get no higher than 13 for the coven and all must be within thirty feet of each other to count in the effect. The highest level hallowed witch is considered the leader and caster of the coven and unlike other lesser covens it is her caster level that determines the strength of the spells cast by this coven. Without the hallowed witch contributing or another hallowed witch of at least 12th level in the covens efforts this ability cannot be accessed.
Whenever more than three witches of a particular greater coven are within 15 feet of one another, all of them can work together to use any of the following spell-like abilities depending on the number of them present:
4-7 Members: 8th level spells listAnimal Shapes, Antimagic Field, Antipathy, Atavism Mass, Binding, Blood Mist, Call Construct, Clenched Fist, Charm Monster Mass, Cloak of Chaos, Clone*, Control Plants, Create Demiplane*, Create Greater Undead*, Cure Critical Wounds Mass, Demand, Dimensional Lock, Discern Location, Divine Vessel: (Special*), Earthquake, Euphoric Tranquility, Finger of Death, Fire Storm, Form of the Dragon III, Frightful Aspect, Giant Form II, Holy Aura, Horrid Wilting*, Incendiary Cloud, Inflict Critical Wounds Mass, Iron Body, Irresistible Dance, Maze, Mind Blank, Moment of Prescience, Orb of the Void*, Planar Ally Greater, Planar Binding Greater, Polar Ray, Polymorph Any Object*, Power Word Stun, Prediction of Failure, Prismatic Wall, Protection from Spells, Prying Eyes Greater, Repel Metal or Stone, Reverse Gravity, Scintillating Pattern, Screen, Seamantle, Shadow Evocation Greater*, Shield of Law, Shout Greater, Spell Immunity Greater, Stormbolts, Summon Monster VIII, Summon Nature’s Ally VIII, Sunburst, Symbol of Death, Symbol of Insanity, Sympathy, Telekinetic Sphere, Temporal Stasis, Trap the Soul*, Undead Anatomy IV*, Unholy Aura, Wall of Lava, Whirlwind, Word of Recall.
8-13 Members: 9th level spells listAstral Projection, Clashing Rocks, Create Demiplane Greater*, Crushing Hand, Cursed Earth*, Dominate Monster, Elemental Swarm, Energy Drain*, Etherealness, Fiery Body, Foresight, Freedom, Gate*, Heal Mass, Heroic Invocation, Hold Monster Mass, Icy Prison Mass, Implosion, Imprisonment, Interplanetary Teleport*, Mage’s Disjunction*, Meteor Swarm, Mind Blank Communal, Miracle, Overwhelming Presence, Polar Midnight, Power Word Kill, Prismatic Sphere, Refuge, Regenerate, Ride the Lightning, Shades*, Shambler, Shapechange, Siege of Trees Greater, Soul Bind*, Spell Immunity Greater Communal, Storm of Vengeance*, Suffocation Mass*, Summon Elder Worm*, Summon Froghemoth*, Summon Monster IX, Summon Nature’s Ally IX, Symbol of Strife, Symbol of Vulnerability, Teleportation Circle, Time Stop, Transmute Blood to Acid, True Resurrection*, Tsunami, Wail of the Banshee, Wall of Suppression, Weird*, Winds of Vengeance, Wish*, Wooden Phalanx, World Wave.
Note: Spells marked with an * after their name are considered to be corrupt or twist the weave and only used seldom in desperate circumstances. A hallowed witch that knowingly uses one of these spells while working with a coven is subject to a powers check as if casting an evil spell and must make an atonement before being able to use abilities related to this archetype again. Sometimes a coven can decide to risk such spells if the need is great.

Hex: A hallowed witch learns a number of magic tricks, called hexes, that grant them powers or weaken foes just as any witch. At 1st level, a hallowed witch gains one hex of her choice. She gains an additional hex at 2nd level and for every 2 levels attained after 2nd level, as noted on Table 2–10. A hallowed witch cannot select an individual hex more than once. Unless otherwise noted, using a hex is a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. The save to resist a hex is equal to 10 + 1/2 the hallowed witch’s level + the hallowed witch’s Charisma modifier. A hallowed witch is limited from using certain hexes as the use of these hexes is considered a corruption of the weave.
Because the following hexes while not necessarily evil are considered to corrupt the weave they are generally not allowed to be used by a hollowed witch and if done so they incur a powers check and could in most circumstances require an atonement: Cook People, Forced Reincarnation, Infected Wounds, Life Giver, Poison Steep, Summon Spirit.
The hallowed witch may select from the following new hexes. A witch of another type may also select these hexes with DM approval.

New Minor Hexes

Sustenance: Once per day the witch using this hex may produce food natural to within one mile of the area she currently resides in by using this hex to summon it to her. Over an hour animals native to the area bring small prey creatures, berries and such to the witch as offerings but within a city they might steal food from the towns’ people. These food stuffs are enough to provide one meal to her and one other person for every 2 levels she possesses. The food unless from a town is usually raw and still needs to be prepared while using this hex in the wilderness but it is always safely edible. If no safe edible substance or animals live within the area nothing arrives but the ability is not considered used for the day.

Summon Minor Element: The witch chooses one type of element to be able to summon and from then on may produce a harmless non valuable amount of such an element from her hand summoned from a source within 1 mile of her current location. Fire produced is enough to catch dry kindling aflame, water is produced in room temperature cupful’s, earth is produced in half pound piles of dry dust, and air moves enough to move paper light objects up to 30ft. Use of this hex requires only a move action on the part of the witch but she may do so with impunity. The witch may use this power at will; however, excessive use may deplete the element within a mile though this would take a long, long, long time. This hex may be chosen multiple times. Each time it is chosen, the witch must pick a different type of element to produce.

Removed From Nature: The witch is considered fully invisible to the sight, smell and hearing of all creatures of the animal, vermin and plant types for a number of rounds equal to her hallowed witch level. She is still visible to the senses of creatures of all other types. While she leaves a trail through the areas she travels she does not leave a scent nor does she create sound by her movement. She is not detectable by echolocation nor by tremorsense of such creatures but is subject to detection should she come in contact with them and can still be seen by creatures with blindsight. Once contact is made by either simple touch or an attack the hex is ended and the witch is revealed.

Flying Weapon: As a standard action, the weapon the witch is wielding can be loosed to fly from her grasp to attack on its own. It fights for a number of rounds equal to her Charisma modifier using the witches base attack bonus for its attacks. These attacks are treated as melee attacks, except that you add your Charisma modifier to the attack roll instead of your Strength modifier (damage still relies on Strength). As long as the witch spends her standard action watching and directing her weapon she may make a full attack with it and also make attacks of opportunity. If left unattended the weapon can be mentally directed with a free action to make one attack each round and cannot make attacks of opportunity. The weapon is considered wielded or attended by the witch for all maneuvers and effects that target items. The weapon can share the same space as the witch and attack adjacent foes (weapons with reach can attack opponents up to 10 feet away), or it may move up to 30ft away as long as it stays in visual sight of the witch. The weapon moves by thought as an immediate action during the witches move action, but if left undirected it moves to mimic the witch’s movements and stay at the same range and general position. If either the weapon or the witch is moved by physical or magical means more than 30ft away from each other, then the weapon falls to the ground and the effect ends. If the witch who loosed a weapon that is still under her control has an unoccupied hand, she can summon it back to her hand as a free action. If the witch has the Two Weapon Fighting feat and selects this hex again she can make two weapons or a double weapon fight like this but still must use a separate standard action to activate the second weapon or second head of the weapon. Both weapons must occupy the same square but they may attack any targets adjacent to that square. The witch may use this hex a number of times per day equal to 1/2 the witches level + her Charisma modifier.

Invoke Name: If you know the true name of the target of your spell (be it a creature, object or location) and invoke that name during casting, you impose a penalty equal to 1/2 your witch level on to the targets spell resistance that round and also apply a penalty equal to your Charisma modifier to the same creatures next saving throw against that spell. This hex can only be invoked once per day against an individual creature. This hex grants you no special knowledge of a creature or objects true name, thus to use it you must find some way of learning this information before you can use it.

Oaken Strike: As a free action, your hands can become as hard as oak. While you have wooden fists, your unarmed strikes do not provoke attacks of opportunity, deal lethal damage, and gain a bonus on damage rolls equal to 1/2 your witch level (minimum +1). They count as being made of wood, specifically oak for the purposes of by passing damage reduction or effects that target it. You can use this ability for a number of rounds per day equal to 1/2 your witch level + your Charisma modifier. These rounds do not need to be consecutive.

Touch of Life: You can touch a living creature as a standard action, automatically stabilizing it and healing it for 1d4 points of damage plus 1 for every two witch levels you possess each full round of contact you maintain. You can only use this ability on a creature that is below 0 hit points. If the witch can touch a creature on the round that it is brought below the negative hit point total to kill it and the healing puts it back into a range where it is at least unconscious but alive then the creature does not die. Once a creature is brought up to above 0 hit points by this ability it cannot benefit again from this hex until 24 hours have passed.

New Major Hexes

Control Fire: The witch can control fire for a time to produce various effects as the spells produce flame or pyrotechnics.

Control Earth: The witch can control the earth for a time to produce various effects as the spell stone shape.

Control Water: The witch can control water for a time to produce various effects as the spell control water.

Control Winds: The witch can control the wind for a time to produce various effects as the spell control winds.

Control Venom: The witch causes a toxin in the targets body to affect them either more or less by her whims. This functions as the either the spell neutralize poison or poison except, the target of the hex must be poisoned already for this effect to work. The target must make a save at the original DC of the poison for both effects.
If the witch is attempting to neutralize the poison, the target receives a +4 bonus to the save to clear the poison from their system. Should they pass then the poison is neutralized though the victim is exhausted until they can sleep a full hour. However should the target fail the save then the poison is not cured and they take damage from the poison again immediately. When the witch forces the poison to trigger again it gives the above save with a -4 penalty to the victims roll, but rather than use the effect of the poison spell it deals damage or acts as the poison the witch is manipulating in the victim’s body. She may maintain the use of this hexes beneficial or negative use for an extra round making a second attempt by using the cackle hex. Each creature can only be the target of this hex once in 24 hours.

Familiar Messenger: The witch can have their familiar speak for them using the spell telepathic bond except as follows. The witch must meditate and may do nothing more than relax while using this hex. Each use of the hex lasts a number of rounds equal to the witch’s level. The familiar is the one who mentally talks to others using while using this hex and can only speak to someone it is aware of in 30ft and only while this power is active. The bond between the familiar and the witch only functions during this use and only when both are on the same plane. Those who wish to speak to the witch this way must use the familiar as a relay. This hex can only be used once per day per 4 levels the witch has.

Rising Mists: The witch causes the mists to rise in an area producing random unnatural effects. The effects of this hex are identical to the Fog Cloud spell except as follows. Any creature that enters the mists produced by this hex must make a Will save or suffer effects similar to that of the Confusion spell. Ravenloft only effect: Any creature entering the mists and affected by the Confusion effect has a 5% chance each round when rolling to determine the effect of being mistled or having some other hazard found in the misty boarder appear to harm them.

New Grand Hexes

Veil of Thorns: Once per day the witch may target any plant or plant type creature with this hex. The creature gets a Fort save to resist the effect as it is harmful to them. The targeted plant becomes the center of a massive sheeting of thorns over the course of a standard action. This vines function as the Wall of Thorns spell except that its area is massive and coats all structures and inanimate objects and surfaces in a sphere with a radius of 100ft per level of the witch. The vines continuously writhe and deal damage to creatures tangled within them as they move, but they also cause a -10 penalty to all perception checks as they constantly move about. Still the thorns also have an effect on creatures that are damaged by them, forcing them to make a Will save or be panicked while within the affected area. The witch may grant creatures in the area immunity to the hex by forming a chain of linked arms with them extending to any number of such creatures so linked she chooses to protect. The hex lasts for 24 hours after which the vines rot away to dust in a round.

Form of the Wild Beast: The witch using this hex may force a target creature within 30ft or herself to take the form of an animal native to an area within one mile of her casting it. The animal form chosen must be able to survive in the environment the targeted creature is currently in for this to work. The creature feels a rush of wild energy course through them but they may resist this hex by making a Fort save or if willing they may simply choose to allow it to work. The witch is aware of the available animal forms when she casts the hex and must choose which the target takes before the save is made. The creature gains the physical stats and abilities of the animal form chosen as listed in Beast Shape IV except that the duration is considered to be unlimited or until the target chooses to attempt to resume its normal form. Every hour however the target must make a Will save and if they succeed they may remain in control as their instincts pull at them. If the witch has targeted herself with the hex she gains a +5 bonus to her Will save to resist this as long as she has not failed a save previously during this use. If the creature fails however they run wild for the next hour as if a normal animal as they are mentally overpowered by the spell. Their mental ability scores are reduced by half until they regain control. Every hour after they have failed they may make another Will save but they must use their currently reduced Wisdom modifier and the DC is one higher for every previously failed save. Once the creature regains control they may act normally until the next hourly check. The creature may attempt to resume its natural form and end the hex but it must make a Will save at the same DC of the hourly checks. On success they resume their form and the effect ends but if they fail they cannot attempt to resume their natural form for another hour though they remain in control until their next hourly check. If the witch has targeted another creature they may end the hex at will if they choose to. If the creature ever fails enough saves that the total penalty equals -20 they automatically fail all future saves to regain control. At this point the hex can only be ended by the witch who cast it or by a Remove Curse or greater effect.

Curse of Size: The witch calls upon her magic to inflict a curse upon a creature within sight and within 60ft. The creature must make a Fort save or begin to either shrink or grow by a size category as the witch chooses. The witch may also by using the cackle hex extend the effect to force the victim to save again or else they shrink or grow another category. After a creature has either grown or shrunk two categories by this hex they cannot be affected again until they are no longer cursed such. A creature however that is grown and then shrunk or shrunk and then grown simply removes one category of the hexes curse. This hex however does not affect the clothes or the equipment of the target and they must make a separate Fort save on each size increase with a -5 penalty on a second one or burst from their body while on a size decrease they simply fall loose from their body. This curse also imparts however a mental change that makes the target suffer beyond just the changes. A victim that has their size increased once also suffers -5 to both their intelligence and charisma, but if increased a second time these penalties rise to -10 each. A victim that has their size decreased once however suffers a -5 to both their wisdom and constitution, but if decreased in size a second time these penalties rise to a -10 each. Victims of the first category of either curse also suffer a -2 to all will saves and after a second size change a -5 to will saves. These ability penalties cannot reduce a characters ability scores below 1 however. A creature that successfully saves against this hex cannot be the target of this hex again for 24 hours.

Immune to Nature: Once per day as a full round action the witch cannot be harmed for the duration by anything that is natural such as crude uncrafted weapons, creatures natural and extraordinary abilities, natural attack forms and elemental or locational hazards due to the environment. She becomes immune to non-magical poisons and diseases, takes no falling damage and does not need to breath to survive in any environment. Crafted items deal one less damage for every five class levels the witch has if made from natural elements found in the world but items of Masterwork quality or that have been magically enhanced deal regular damage. Guns also for the duration upon a hit deal max damage to the witch as their complexity alters their nature so much as to become almost an antithesis to the protection. The duration of the hex is two rounds for every level the witch possesses.

Sympathetic Relief: The witch may remove any burden placed on a creatures mind such as a spell or failed madness or horror check by carefully tending and speaking or singing comforting words to the target for three rounds. Both the target and the witch make a save at the original DC of the effect but the target receives a +4 bonus to the save. Should both of them pass then the effect is ended though the victim and the witch are both rendered unconscious for an hour though they can be awakened normally but are considered exhausted until they can sleep a full hour. However should either the witch or the target roll a 1 on the save the effect triggers again and they both suffer as if afflicted by the exact same condition. A witch while afflicted with a condition cannot attempt to cure another person with the same condition though she can still attempt to cure another different condition. A creature cannot benefit from this hex until a number of days equal to their level has passed.

Shell of Bark and Leaf: The witch using this hex as a full round action while standing upon soil takes the form of a type of tree indigenous to the area. She is considered to be perfectly disguised as such a tree and gets a +20 to her disguise check to appear as such. She is considered a huge creature of the plant type, gains two slam attacks, and is considered to have a natural armor bonus of +10. While in tree form the witch only ages one year for every hundred that pass, requires no food or drink and may not speak or use other abilities. She loses access to all her senses but while in this form gains blindsense out to 30ft. She also heals 1 hp per minute while doing nothing but staying still as she communes with nature. She can move only 5ft per round however and she suffers a weakness of 1.5 fire damage while in this form. To move she must up root herself as a full round action and to reroot herself is also a full round action. The witch may stay in this form for as long as she wishes and may end it as a full round action.

Stinging Plague: The witch calls down a curse upon the victim where upon as long as they are not shielded properly is covered by a continual swarm of stinging insects similar to the spell insect plague. The target must make a Fort save or for 24 hours a swarm of insects will appear and try to get to them. Killing the swarm buys the victim one hour of relief but as that hour passes another swarm having formed emerges and attempts to harass them just as the last one did. This swarm however is formed from the insects in the area thus if a victim can be shielded from the swarm getting to them the insects will not be able to attack. They will however probe any barrier to find an entrance so the victim cannot open any passage large enough for a bug or they will find it and rush in. This curse can only be dispelled by the witch as a full round action or with a Limited Wish, Wish or Miracle spell. If a creature successfully saves against this hex they cannot be the target of the same hex for 24 hours.
How about some new familiar suggestions...
VIEW CONTENT:
New Familiars
In addition to the familiars presented in the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook, witches in Ravenloft may select any of the following animals as their familiar. Sorcerers and wizards might also adopt these new familiars, utilizing the same rules as for any other familiar.
Familiar Special Ability
Bloodhawk: Master gains a +3 bonus on Perception checks (LoB)
Silver Fox: Master gains a +3 bonus on Survival checks (Gaz1)
Zweifalk: Master gains a +2 bonus on Reflex saves (Gaz2)
And a few new patron options as well...
VIEW CONTENT:
Hala Divine Patron Spells
At 1st level, normally a hallowed witch or any witch who worships Hala may select the following new lists of patron spells. This signifies a connection to Hala. A witch may also consider Hala their patron if they select the healing patron as it also falls under the domains that Hala has in her description.

Magic: 2nd—identify, 4th—magic mouth, 6th—dispel magic, 8th—imbue with spell ability, 10th—spell resistance, 12th—antimagic field, 14th—spell turning, 16th—protection from spells, 18th—mage’s disjunction.

Plant: 2nd—entangle, 4th—barkskin, 6th—plant growth, 8th—command plants, 10th—wall of thorns, 12th—repel wood, 14th—animate plants, 16th—control plants, 18th—shambler.

Weave: 2nd—pass without trace, 4th—zone of truth, 6th—helping hand, 8th—locate creature, 10th—turn the seasons, 12th—weaves bounty, 14th—control weather, 16th—antipathy, 18th—foresight.
Comments, criticisms, praise or even just your own takes on these entries, like always is appreciated. Hope to hear from someone as I am trying to work on these as quickly as I can! This one especially has been difficult as the conversion to Pathfinder wasn't easy. I could really use an outside perspective on this one.