Discussing all things Ravenloft
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Exciting Ravenloft News! - 2 new releases

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Esteemed members of the Fraternity,
Miladies,

If you haven't already heard the news, there was a big announcement at the recent PAX East convention regarding our beloved setting. Not one, but two new Ravenloft releases are coming soon, this time in the genre of console gaming! As reports from the Wizards of the Coast panel discussion inform us, it seems that while Iron & Blood: Warriors of Ravenloft was a critical failure, it was actually a huge commercial success, and Hasbro has asked Wizards of the Coast to repeat history. This time, the people at Wizards assure us that they've worked hard to please the fans as well, and of course, we at the Fraternity hope they have succeeded.

Both games embrace not only the Ravenloft brand, but are tied to successful video game franchises as well. The first, available exclusively on the Nintendo Wii U system:
VIEW CONTENT:

That's right, the latest entry in the series that includes smash hit games such as Lego: Batman, Lego: Game of Thrones, and Lego: Harry Potter is none other than Lego: Castle Ravenloft. You will be able to play as over 30 different heroes of the Mists, darklords, and other villians, all in adorable Lego brick form. And a surprisingly famous roster of actors will lend their voices to the characters! This title will be released at the end of April.
Wizards would be foolish indeed if they didn't have a release for Microsoft's popular Xbox 360 system as well, so the other game uses Xbox's Kinect system for a very different kind of Ravenloft experience:
VIEW CONTENT:
Like the other Dance Central games, you'll have to move your body to the beat, mimicking the movements of your chosen avatar: Larissa Snowmane, Silessa the Snake Mistress, Lord Soth, Baron Evensong, Andres Duvall, or one of over a dozen more choices. And you'll groove to the sounds of Midnight Syndicate, Nox Arcana, Nicki Minaj, and more! This one is slated for an October release, as a seasonal Halloween present for us.
It's truly a great day to be a Ravenloft fan!

We wish we could say more about these exciting new products, but some members of the Fraternity of Shadows have been lucky enough to be asked to be playtesters for these games, and we are sworn to secrecy. (We will just give these small tidbits as a preview: 1) In the Lego game, Justin Beiber is surprisingly good as the voice of Jander Sunstar, though a bit repetitive. He should have been given more different lines. 2) Don't assume that it's easy to dance like Soth, especially when Inza runs across the screen as a distraction.)

Feel free to discuss and speculate about these games, but if any of you reading this likewise have more information than we've been allowed to release here, please keep those secrets to yourselves and don't spoil our chance to get further inside scoops like this one!

Sincerely,

Ron Laufer
For everybody at the Souragne Fraternity of Shadows

"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Exciting Ravenloft News! - 2 new releases

Post by Zilfer »

Is there any way to get a beta of the games before they come out? I am truly interested, on how they are going to commit horror into legos! Though I guess they did a good job with Lego Star Wars. Also I have a friend named Ron who could totally beat Strahd Von Zarovich at dancing. :Strahd:
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
Jimsolo
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Exciting Ravenloft News! - 2 new releases

Post by Jimsolo »

EDITED BY GONZORON: I hid this spoiler-ish post until after the 1st.

Lol! I almost poo'ed myself in shock until I glanced down at my calendar.
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

The lego golem was somehow disturbing.
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

I was going to release my ruleset for a FATAL conversion of Ravenloft LARP but given the knee-shattering, loin-bending, bed-opening awesomeness of this latest announcement I think I'm going to hold off for a bit.

Instead I shall celebrate by wetting my pants, wiping it on the windows, and tearing off my clothes to go hooting and jibbering through the hallowed halls of Congress with my arms in the air like a goddam patriot.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Zilfer wrote:Is there any way to get a beta of the games before they come out?
I'm pretty sure the beta testing for L:CR is done, since the release is so soon. We got our copies several months ago. There might still be time for DCotD. Drop WotC a line and see what they say if you're interested.

I was a little surprised there was no PS3 game announced. Perhaps they are holding something back for the Playstation 4?
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DeepShadow of FoS »

These need the PIAC logo. I'm sure they could be playable in any campaign, after all. Didn't Lord Soth visit Eberron for a while?
The Avariel has borrowed wings,
The Puppeteer must cut the strings
The Orphan Queen must take the throne
The Queen of Orphans calls them home
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: Currently the Frozen Wastes of Mount Pleasant Michigan

Post by A G Thing »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:
Zilfer wrote:Is there any way to get a beta of the games before they come out?
I'm pretty sure the beta testing for L:CR is done, since the release is so soon. We got our copies several months ago. There might still be time for DCotD. Drop WotC a line and see what they say if you're interested.

I was a little surprised there was no PS3 game announced. Perhaps they are holding something back for the Playstation 4?
But I only have a PS3! :( It seems like it is always the 360 and WiiU that get the exclusives. :x
"There is only one true answer to any and every question. The rest are just vagaries and obfuscations."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Very, very nice pictures on those products!
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

alhoon wrote:Very, very nice pictures on those products!
Yup, unlike Iron & Blood, the graphics on these games are state of the art...
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

They really unleashed a large budget this time, indeed.
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Can we expect DLC for the Dance Central?

Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Zilfer wrote:Can we expect DLC for the Dance Central?
Good question! I'm sure if they see enough interest, they'd consider it, but we've heard no word...
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Exciting Ravenloft News! - 2 new releases - April Fools!

OK, OK, time to 'fess up. :)

As many of you guessed, this was our 2013 April Fools prank. Thanks to all who got the joke and played along. Hopefully we caught a few of you, if only for a little while.

I'm a bit sad, though, because I would totally play those games...
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

xD you got me at 9 o clockish on the day before april fools for me. xD I got to the second game and that's when i realized. xD