more Stat Blocks for my Pathfinder/Ravenloft campaign

Discussing all things Ravenloft
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: more Stat Blocks for my Pathfinder/Ravenloft campaign

Post by The Giamarga »

Is he an outlander?

Instead of Rogue levels you might also have given him the Pass for Human feat for a +10 bonus to disguise. Though i quite like the odd initial orcish level.
Last edited by The Giamarga on Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

They are all outlanders, as Mordentshire was still part of the Prime Material Plane when they arrived to investigate Strahd Von Zarovich in Ravenloft II...

...Ha! I knew there was a feat or trait to solve my problem. Thank you for pointing it out to me. Not sure what I wanna do yet though. I kind of like him as a first level rogue, but I guess I should keep em all more true to the originals...
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

Edited him Giamarga and I like! Much more streamlined now... Phew!
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Nemesio, I see you are quoting from the original module. Are you looking at the stats too before converting? Some of the items might be interesting to include.
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Rogold Gildenman wrote:According to the Illustrated History of the Core (which I am inclined to adhere to because it is very well-written and because paperback Ravenloft references are rather rare in my neck of the woods) Mordent formed in the Year 579 by the Barovian reckoning.

As far as I know the current year is 760 (Barovian Calendar) so that means the events of Module I-10 took place somewhere between 150 years and two centuries ago (my guess is that Strahd and Azalin found their way into Mordent sometime in 578BC and were driven out late in that year, although my guess is that there was an Interregnum between The Terrible Two departing and Lord Godefroy cementing his move from Chaotic Neutral to Darklord).
That puts the formation of Mordent at 181 years ago.
Nemesio wrote:They are obviously dead by 760 BC, which is probably why they've never been given updated stats...
Well, the gnome could actually still be around with a (Pathfinder rules) life expectancy of 200 +3d100 (old at 150, venerable at 200). Maybe this could be the framing of the article to anchor it in the current year. The ancient wrinkled gnome tells a tale of a time long gone. Is he embellishing or lying? Surely not...
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

The Giamarga wrote:Nemesio, I see you are quoting from the original module. Are you looking at the stats too before converting? Some of the items might be interesting to include.
Yes. I am looking at the old stats very closely, and trying to keep the flavor of the characters... Most of their old items are listed in my versions in some form, but as they are ten years older (and at least two levels higher), I'm assuming they have had opportunities to lose items or upgrade them... So far the only item I purposefully edited out was the arrow of direction from Brenda's stats... I could always give it back if I can come up with a suitable translation from 2nd-edition to Pathfinder...
Rogold Gildenman
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Rogold Gildenman »

Is he embellishing or lying? Surely not...
"Young sir I am an artist and as any sage will tell you art is the realm of truth I can only be accused of LYING when when my adjustments serve no artistic purpose!"

"No where was I ... oh yes, sit back like a good fellow and watch the pretty pictures as I turn them into ART!"

... overheard during the tour of a certain Mordent facility for the facilitation of care for the blatantly eccentric.

(By the way, I would be very glad to borrow your idea of using Amar Bori Sandflinger as the PoV from which to depict a more modern perspective on The Heroes of Gryphon Hill - if you have any more suggestions please feel free to share them and I'll steal - ahem, borrow inspiration from them). :wink:

He is also a cleric (theologian) like you suggested Rog.
Once again Master Nemesio you have made an excellent adaption of one of the Heroes of Gryphon Hill into a more modern system! :mrgreen:

I can easily see poor Brother Summer being especially careful about who he speaks to and how he speaks to them - if he opens his jaws too wide people tend to think 'Maw!' rather than 'mouth'; your idea that he very seldom takes off his armour - or at least his under-armour - to prevent identification of his precise ancestry is also a good one.

It's also not too hard to imagine him seeking to placate the Orcish 'gods' in a desperate bid to prevent them from claiming him - although I'd argue that his somewhat grimmer and more stoic perspective on his adopted Faith might stand him in good stead after being dragged into the Demiplane of Dread (compared to the more idealistic Father Gildenman, whose relationship with his deity of choice had always been close).
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

Rogold Gildenman wrote:
It's also not too hard to imagine him seeking to placate the Orcish 'gods' in a desperate bid to prevent them from claiming him - although I'd argue that his somewhat grimmer and more stoic perspective on his adopted Faith might stand him in good stead after being dragged into the Demiplane of Dread (compared to the more idealistic Father Gildenman, whose relationship with his deity of choice had always been close).
I completely agree that Brother Summer is a good dude with a uniquely complicated problem, being the only half-orc in town. He may feel like an eternal outsider, but his generosity and stoicism make him an inspiration to those who can get to know the "man" who prefers to remain anonymous...
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

The paladin class in Pathfinder is kickass so I didn't bother giving Phillipe an archetype... Thankfully I had Ryan's conversion rules for the drawbacks added to paladins who enter Ravenloft. He did a fine job of it I must add...

I seriously can't picture this guy ever being happy... The more Evil he destroys, the more Evil comes knocking on his door and tries to take him out! I'm also picturing old age creeping up on him, as he is stated as having a long career of fighting evil (already middle aged in Ravenloft II), but he'll never retire as long as he still breathes... He likely searches the land for monsters, rather than wanting for them to come find him... I guess I'm kind of seeing him as a more millitant, less brilliant Van Richten...

“Phillipe Delamana is a very depressed Paladin. As a fighter of the first water, the leader of the holy armies against evil, and a stalwart foe of darkness in all its forms, he has in his long career come upon a depressing fact: Evil keeps coming back. It may be defeated, it may be repulsed, or it may be driven off, but over the long term evil in some form will return to an area. There seems to be as much evil in the world as there are waters of the ocean, and their attack upon order and good are as relentless as the sea pounding on the shore. Still, were it not for noble fighters such as he, evil would wash over the land without resistance. For this reason, when Rogold’s faith put out a call for adventurers to investigate odd doings in Mordentshire, Phillipe signed up. There probably will be a greater devil holding the entire coast under his sway, or a mad chaotic wizard turning people into waterfowl. Anyway, it beats waiting for the forms of darkness to attack in one of their ever-insidious forms.”

PHILLIPE DELAMANA, CR 11 (XP 12,800)
Male middle aged human paladin of the High Faith 12
LG Medium humanoid (human)
Init +0; Senses Perception +8
Aura courage (10 ft.), justice (10 ft.), resolve (10 ft.)
DEFENSE
AC 24, touch 11, flat-footed 24 (+11 armor, +3 shield)
hp 94 (12d10+24)
Fort +12, Ref +7, Will +13
Defensive Abilities divine grace; Immune charm, disease, fear
OFFENSE
Speed 20 ft. [30 ft. unarmored]
Melee +2 dragon bane keen longsword +16/+11/+6 (1d8+4/17-20), or +2 ghost touch dagger +15/+10/+5 (1d4+4/19-20)
Special Attacks channel positive energy (DC 19, 6d6), smite evil 6/day (+3 attack and AC, +12 damage)
Paladin Spell-Like Abilities (CL 12th; concentration +14)
At will—detect evil
Paladin Spells Prepared (CL 9th; concentration +12)
3rd—fire of judgment (DC 15)
2nd—righteous vigor, soothing word, weapon of awe
1st—detect undead (DC 13), divine favor, keep watch
STATISTICS
Str 13, Dex 11, Con 12, Int 11, Wis 14, Cha 16
Base Atk +12; CMB +13; CMD 23
Feats Cleave, Extra Channel, Extra Lay on Hands, Extra Mercy, Greater Mercy, Power Attack (-4/+8), Weapon Focus (longsword)
Skills Craft (weapon) +7, Diplomacy +8, Handle Animal +8, Heal +8, Knowledge (nobility) +5, Knowledge (religion) +10, Ride +2 [+8 unarmored], Perception +8, Sense Motive +10, Spellcraft +5
Languages Mordentish
SQ aura, code of conduct, divine bond (2/day—weapon gains a +3 enhancement bonus for 12 minutes), favored class (paladin; 12 hit points), lay on hands (6d6, 11/day), mercies (cursed, diseased, paralyzed, poisoned, sickened)
Gear +2 dragon bane keen longsword, feather token (bird), elixir of truth, elixir of vision, +2 full plate, +2 ghost touch dagger, grave salt (5 doses), grooming kit, heavy horse (combat trained) with bit and bridle and military saddle, +1 heavy steel shield, horn of Valhalla (bronze), paladin’s kit, silver holy symbol, undead slayer’s kit, 49 gp
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Aura of Courage (Su) Phillipe is immune to fear (magical or otherwise). Each ally within 10 feet of him gains a +4 morale bonus on saving throws against fear effects. This ability functions only while Phillipe is conscious, not if he is unconscious or dead.
Aura of Justice (Su) Phillipe can expend two uses of his smite evil ability to grant the ability to smite evil to all allies within 10 feet, using his bonuses. Allies must use this smite evil ability by the start of Phillipes’s next turn and the bonuses last for 1 minute. Using this ability is a free action. Evil creatures gain no benefit from this ability.
Aura of Resolve (Su) Phillipe is immune to charm spells and spell-like abilities. Each ally within 10 feet of him gains a +4 morale bonus on saving throws against charm effects. This ability functions only while Phillipe is conscious, not if he is unconscious or dead.
Detection (Sp) Phillipe’s detect evil ability is altered. As a move action, he can concentrate on a single item or individual within 60 feet and determine if it is chaotic (as if he had studied it for 3 rounds with detect chaos), Innocent or evil (as detect evil, if the subject is an outsider with the Evil descriptor).
Disruption (Ex) Evil outsiders and darklords are able to detect Phillipe in their domains or reality wrinkles with a Sense Motive check (DC 18). Such creatures can detect Phillipe automatically once every day as a swift action. If successful, they detects Phillipe’s vague location (to within approximately a mile, for example). In Phillipe’s presence, the DC falls to 8. Phillipe cannot be detected while he remains on hallowed or consecrated ground.
Divine Bond (Sp) Phillipe can enhance his weapon as a standard action by calling upon the aid of a celestial spirit for 12 minutes. When called, the spirit causes the weapon to shed light as a torch. This spirit grants the weapon a +3 enhancement bonus. These bonuses can be added to the weapon, stacking with existing weapon bonuses to a maximum of +5, or they can be used to add any of the following weapon properties: axiomatic, brilliant energy, defending, disruption, flaming, flaming burst, holy, keen, merciful, and speed. Adding these properties consumes an amount of bonus equal to the property’s cost (see Table 15–9). These bonuses are added to any properties the weapon already has, but duplicate abilities do not stack. If the weapon is not magical, at least a +1 enhancement bonus must be added before any other properties can be added. The bonus and properties granted by the spirit are determined when the spirit is called and cannot be changed until the spirit is called again. The celestial spirit imparts no bonuses if the weapon is held by anyone other than Phillipe but resumes giving bonuses if returned to him. These bonuses apply to only one end of a double weapon. Phillipe can use this ability 2/day. If a weapon bonded with a celestial spirit is destroyed, Phillipe loses the use of this ability for 30 days, or until he gains a level, whichever comes first. During this 30-day period, Phillipe takes a –1 penalty on attack and weapon damage rolls.
Mercy (Su) Whenever Phillipe uses lay on hands to heal damage to one target, the target also receives the additional effects from all of the mercies he possesses. A mercy can remove a condition caused by a curse, disease, or poison without curing the affliction. Such conditions return after 1 hour unless the mercy actually removes the affliction that causes the condition.
Rogold Gildenman
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Rogold Gildenman »

I seriously can't picture this guy ever being happy...
I basically see him as rather like Sparhawk from The Elenium by Mr David and Mrs Leigh Eddings; he's been doing this for a long time and grumbling about it all the while, but he'll die doing his duty bravely rather than even CONTEMPLATE retiring. Quite frankly he knows all too well that the defenceless need all the help they can get and that far too many of their defenders are likely to make things WORSE without some competent adult around, so it's back into harness rather than take a break and risk Evil overtaking some poor unfortunate.

He is quite bluntly a grumpy, peerless, ever-so-subtly prideful paragon of a paladin but a great friend to those who need a Knight in Shining Armour.

I completely agree that Brother Summer is a good dude with a uniquely complicated problem, being the only half-orc in town.
The fact that he's a cleric pledged to celibacy also rather neatly explains why the Demiplane of Dread claims not even the dim and distant memory of the Orc-breed (the destruction of Brother Summer's birthplace might explain why even the Mordentish claim no recollection of that mortal kind; by the sound of them the Blue Mountains were likely far-distant from flat and fog-bound Mordentshire).
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

Mysti was thankfully a simple translation over to Pathfinder. I thought the eldritch knight prestige class was an obvious choice for her... I'm sure she has grown to like Rogold and the rest after 10 years, but she fears that she will never see her homeland again, and old Thaddeus is not long for the world. Still sharp as ever, he has a few theories about Mordentshire and the unfamiliar lands that border it, but Mysti prefers not to believe the old man's ranting about the world being some kind of "demiplanar prison"...

Hopefully I am getting these guys right... I'm Trying to stay as true to their original 2nd-edition stats as possible. ;)

“Mysti Tokana is the scribe, student, and (it is rumored, though not to her face), the half-elf daughter of Thadeus Mont Breezar. The last is untrue, though the human rabble needs explanations as to why a crotchety old human mage takes on a young half-elf as an assistant, and rumors of being a daughter are better than accusations of being a paramour. Thadeus agreed to train the raven-haired half-elf as a favor to her mother, a former fellow-adventurer who retired after reaching her maximum racial levels. She is intensely interested in her studies, though maintains her fighting abilities in order to protect her mentor. She respects her mentor Thadeus, but is at a loss to explain his most recent behavior. Despite having achieved high rank among his brethren and sufficient power to spend the rest of his short human days engaged in research, he instead intends to drag his fragile form into the hinterlands on an adventure for some damnfool cleric named Rogold.”

MYSTI TOKANA, CR 11 (XP 12,800)
Female half-elf ranger 1/wizard (universalist) 5/eldritch knight 6
CG Medium humanoid (half-elf)
Init +3; Senses low-light vision; Perception +16
DEFENSE
AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 17 (+3 Dex, +7 armor)
hp 84 (7d10+5d6+24)
Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +7; +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects
Immune sleep; SR 20
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee +2 flaming rapier +14/+9 (1d6+1/18-20)
Ranged +2 flaming rapier +14 (1d6+1/18-20), or +2 huntsman longbow +14/+9 (1d8+1/x3)
Special Attacks hand of the apprentice (6/day)
Wizard Spells Prepared (CL 10th [+2 on caster level checks to overcome spell resistance]; concentration +13 [+17 defensive]; arcane spell failure 10%)
5th—empowered fireball (DC 16), empowered lightning bolt (DC 16)
4th—dimension door, greater invisibility, stoneskin
3rd—fireball (DC 16), fly, hold person (DC 16), lightning bolt (DC 16)
2nd—arrow eruption, detect thoughts (DC 15), gust of wind (DC 15), knock, mirror image
1st—gravity bow, magic missile, shield, sleep (DC 14), true strike
0 (at will)—detect magic, mage hand, message, read magic
STATISTICS
Str 8, Dex 17, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 10
Base Atk +9; CMB +12 (+14 to disarm a foe); CMD 21 (23 vs. disarm attempts)
Feats Agile Maneuvers, Combat Casting, Combat Expertise (-3/+3), Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Craft Wand, Empower Spell, Improved Disarm, Point Blank Shot, Scribe Scroll, Skill Focus (Spellcraft), Weapon Finesse
Skills Acrobatics +5, Appraise +8, Climb +4, Craft (alchemy) +8, Craft (armor) +10, Craft (weapons) +10, Disguise +2, Fly +10, Handle Animal +7, Heal +7, Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (nature) +8, Perception +16, Profession (scribe) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +3, Spellcraft +22 [+24 to identify the properties of magic items], Stealth +8, Survival +7, Swim +4; Racial Modifiers +2 Perception
Languages Elven, Gnome, Halfling, Mordentish
SQ arcane bond (+2 flaming rapier; 1/day—cast any spell in spellbook), elven magic, diverse training, favored class (ranger; 1 skill rank), multitalented (2nd favored class [wizard; 5 skill ranks]), weapon familiarity (longbows, longswords, rapiers, shortbows, “elven” weapons)
Gear bag of holding (type II), explorers’ outfit, +2 huntsman longbow and 20 arrows, +2 flaming rapier, +3 mithral chain shirt, ranger’s kit, scarab of protection, wizard’s kit, 18,858 gp
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Hand of the Apprentice (Su) Mysti can cause her melee weapon to fly from her grasp and strike a foe before instantly returning to her. As a standard action, she can make a single attack using a melee weapon at a range of 30 feet. This attack is treated as a ranged attack with a thrown weapon, except that Mysti adds her Intelligence modifier on the attack roll instead of her Dexterity modifier (damage still relies on Strength). This ability cannot be used to perform a combat maneuver. Mysti can use this ability 6/day.

MYSTI’S SPELLBOOK
5th—hold monster, polymorph, telepathic bond; 4th—dimension door, fire shield, greater invisibility, stoneskin; 3rd—dispel magic, fireball, fly, hold person, lightning bolt, secret page, water breathing; 2nd—arcane lock, arrow eruption, detect thoughts, gust of wind, invisibility, knock, mirror image, minor image; 1st—continual flame, disguise self, erase, gravity bow, identify, jump, magic missile, shield, sleep, true strike; 0—all)
Last edited by Nemesio on Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

I believe I10 is stil firmly 1E AD&D, but that's quite near to 2E rules wise. And you're doing very fine work in the conversions.
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

"Crazy old Thadeus" isn't so crazy after all... In fact he is more lucid than any of the others... He knows nobody believes his theories about their new mist shrouded home, so he no longer shares them... He adores Mysti, his personal assistant and closest friend, and he plans on making her his heir apparent, but he's not ready to give up his beloved spellbooks yet. There are too many questions that need answering and Thadeus will spare no expense in his research!..

After taking a look at this guy's original equipment, I realized that he was far wealthier than the other characters... In Pathfinder anyway... In Pathfinder the stone of conjuring earth elementals is a 90,000 gp item!.. After some deliberation, I decided to give him 90,000 gp more than the standard 108,000 gp of a 12th-level PC...

I had a few more problems trying to keep my version's equipment true to the original.

First there is no such item as an alchemy jug in Pathfinder. To compensate I just gave him a few alchemical items and max ranks in Craft (alchemy)... Basically, I get it! He's dabbles in alchemy!

Second, there is no staff of striking in Pathfinder, so I gave him the +1 furyborn quarterstaff to represent the variable damage of his original weapon... The way I see it, Thadeus's weapon is somewhat arbitrary... If he ends up forced into melee combat, he has already lost... ;)

“Thadeus Mont Breezar feels old. A lot of the fun has gone out of crusading across the countryside, counting on the fighters to preserve your hide. The key to Thadeus’s irritation, however, is his new glasses. His vision has deteriorated to the point he cannot hit anything at over 30 feet away (treat spells as grenades for area struck). Though the thick lenses he wears correct the problem, he is irritated that he must wear them. Thadeus carries two pair of glasses, one in a solid metal box, to prevent them breaking. He is, however, unhappy with his advancing age, and when the High Faith in Osterton put out a call for adventurers to investigate a small matter in Mordentshire, it appeared a perfect opportunity to prove that Thadeus the Magnificent can still twist a spell or two, even if the High Faith is playing politics and putting one of their own, a young puppy named Rogold, in charge. Thadeus is bringing his own student and scribe, a half-elf named Mysti Tokana, with him.”

THADEUS MONT BREEZAR, CR 11 (XP 12,800)
Male old human wizard (universalist) 12
LN Medium humanoid (human)
Init -3; Senses Perception +7
DEFENSE
AC 10, touch 10, flat-footed 10 (-3 Dex, +3 deflection)
hp 44 (12d6)
Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +12
Defensive Abilities
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee +3 dagger +7/+2 (1d4+1/19-20), or +1 furyborn quarterstaff +5/+0 (1d6-1)
Ranged +3 dagger +15 (1d4+1/19-20), or +1 furyborn quarterstaff +13 (1d6-1)
Special Attacks hand of the apprentice (9/day), metamagic mastery (3/day)
Wizard Spells Prepared (CL 12th; concentration +18)
6th—chain lightning (DC 22), true seeing, widened invisibility sphere
5th—cone of cold (DC 21), empowered fireball (DC 19), maximized scorching ray, telepathic bond
4th—dimension door, fire shield, lesser globe of invulnerability, stoneskin
3rd—arcane sight, clairaudience/clairvoyance, dispel magic, fly, haste
2nd—bull’s strength, detect thoughts (DC 18), extended mage armor, extended shield, mirror image
1st—comprehend languages, feather fall, hold portal, identify, magic missile
0 (at will)—detect magic, mage hand, ghost sound, read magic
STATISTICS
Str 7, Dex 5, Con 11, Int 22, Wis 14, Cha 15
Base Atk +6; CMB +4; CMD 11
Feats Craft Wondrous Item, Empower Spell, Enlarge Spell, Extend Spell, Iron Will, Magical Aptitude, Maximize Spell, Quicken Spell, Scribe Scroll, Widen Spell
Skills Appraise +17, Craft (alchemy) +20 [+21 while working in an alchemist’s laboratory], Diplomacy +12, Fly +10, Knowledge (arcana) +21, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +10, Knowledge (engineering) +10, Knowledge (geography) +10, Knowledge (history) +14, Knowledge (local) +10, Knowledge (nature) +10, Knowledge (nobility) +10, Knowledge (planes) +14, Knowledge (religion) +14, Perception +7, Profession (scribe) +7, Sense Motive +7, Spellcraft +25, Stealth +7, Use Magic Device +14
Languages Mordentish, Draconic, Elven, Giant, Orc, Sylvan, Undercommon
SQ arcane bond (ring of protection +3; 1/day—cast any spell in spellbook), favored class (wizard; 12 skill ranks)
Gear abacus, antidote kit, black carriage and 2 heavy horses, +3 dagger, +1 furyborn quarterstaff, handy haversack, minor cloak of displacement, portable alchemist’s lab, ring of protection +3, ring of water walking, scholar’s outfit, spectacles with metal carrying case (2 pair), smokesticks (2), stone of conjuring earth elementals, sunrods (2), vials of average invisible ink (2), wizard’s kit, 12,199 gp
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Hand of the Apprentice (Su) Thadeus can cause his melee weapon to fly from his grasp and strike a foe before instantly returning to him. As a standard action, he can make a single attack using a melee weapon at a range of 30 feet. This attack is treated as a ranged attack with a thrown weapon, except that Thadeus adds his Intelligence modifier on the attack roll instead of his Dexterity modifier (damage still relies on Strength). This ability cannot be used to perform a combat maneuver. Thadeus can use this ability 9/day.
Metamagic Mastery (Su) Thadeus can apply any one metamagic feat that he knows to a spell he is about to cast. This does not alter the level of the spell or the casting time. He can use this ability 3/day. Any time Thadeus uses this ability to apply a metamagic feat that increases the spell level by more than 1, he must use an additional daily usage for each level above 1 that the feat adds to the spell. Even though this ability does not modify the spell's actual level, Thadeus cannot use this ability to cast a spell whose modified spell level would be above the level of the highest-level spell that he is capable of casting.

THADEUS’S SPELLBOOK I
6th—chain lightning, contingency, greater dispel magic, true seeing

THADEUS’S SPELLBOOK II
5th—baleful polymorph, cone of cold, fabricate, hold monster, passwall, polymorph, stone shape, summon monster V, telekinesis, telepathic bond, transmute rock to mud, wall of stone; 4th—dimension door, fire shield, greater invisibility, ice storm, lesser globe of invulnerability, mnemonic enhancer, secure shelter, stoneskin, wall of fire

THADEUS’S SPELLBOOK II
3rd—arcane sight, clairaudience/clairvoyance, dispel magic, fireball, fly, haste, hold person, invisibility sphere, lightning bolt, secret page, tongues; 2nd—arcane lock, bull’s strength, continual flame, detect thoughts, invisibility, knock, levitate, locate object, magic mouth, make whole, mirror image, protection from energy, scorching ray, see invisibility, shatter; 1st—alarm, burning hands, charm person, comprehend languages, continual flame, erase, feather fall, hold portal, identify, mage armor, magic missile, protection form evil, shield, sleep, unseen servant; 0—all

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Favorite uses of contingency

I: If Thadeus is threatened while outdoors and on foot, his secure shelter appears directly in front of him...
II: If Thadeus is attacked by a melee or ranged attack, he immediately gains the benefits of stoneskin...
III: If Thadeus is made the target of, or caught within the radius of a harmful spell, he immediately gains the benefits of lesser globe of invulnerability...
Last edited by Nemesio on Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:41 pm, edited 7 times in total.
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Furyborn is a great idea for a conversion of a staff of striking. I would have looked to thundering or impact, but this is much closer.I like the carriage, too.

What does he need UMD for?

If he has contingency he should have it cast already. Any one of his 4th level spells should do fine.
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

Thanks for all the feedback Giamarga!
The Giamarga wrote:What does he need UMD for?

Sorry Giamarga, I'm a little slow sometimes... I don't understand what UMD stands for... Duh... Un-Modified-Damage?

Contingency lasts for a few days too, so I assumed he would always have one cast. Do you think I should include in it the my little description somewhere?