New to Ravenloft? Or new to our forum? introduce yourself!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: New to Ravenloft? Introduce yourself here!

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

That is indeed an impressive collection!

I tried to take a picture of mine, but didn't have a wide-angle lens. ;)

Welcome!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
jimjams
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by jimjams »

Hello all,
Currently Dm of the Hyskosa hexad "Adventure Path" that I've converted to 5e. Loving the realm but usually a FR or DS player. Struggling a little with the Madness, Horror aspect but my players seem to be enjoying themselves. Especially our female Barbarian who died and was ressurected with "vampiric traits" mwahahahah!!!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Welcome jimjams! welcome to the Darker Realms!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Nick
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Nick »

Not really new to Ravenloft but new to the site; just saying hi!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Nick wrote:Not really new to Ravenloft but new to the site; just saying hi!
Welcome, we hope our site is helpful even to old time Ravenloft fans.
SpringHeeledJack
Conspirator
Conspirator

Hello

Post by SpringHeeledJack »

I don't know if this is the right place but I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

I started playing during the 2e era but only ran Ravenloft a couple of times. I am now more interested in the setting since I have matured as a DM and wanted to give horror another shot. I was very happy to see a dedicated community for the setting and will be glad to meet you all.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Welcome, SpringHeeledJack. (I moved your post here to the right place.)

Hope we can be of service as you dive back into Ravenloft!
GreenWood
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Re: New to Ravenloft? Or new to our forum? introduce yoursel

Post by GreenWood »

OK, so I didn't introduce myself before so I will now. I have been using Ravenloft as my campaign setting of choice for almost 18 years now. I own all the novels, in fact almost all the printed material. I'm still trying to scoop up the remaining pieces. I cannot express how grateful I am for the work that is going on here enough. Ravenloft seems like a setting designed with my exact interests in mind. I have been a lifelong horror buff, anything from the old Universal monsters to modern Gothic horror like Crimson Peak. I hope that the great work that is being done on the Gazetteer projects covers the rest of the clusters. I really enjoyed Zherisia a lot. The Amber wastes, The Frozen reaches, and The Verdurous lands in particular. I still use the Burning peaks after the departure of Vecna, I like that one as well. This site is my favorite destination on the internet and my hat is off to all who has made this site what it is.
I, the Lord of the Midnight Green, now give rise to my final dream.
BenKurido
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by BenKurido »

Hey all! My name is Ben. I found you guys while doing a web search for Ebarron/Ravenloft crossovers because I was thinking of putting together a 5e game in this type of setting for my kids. I have been a Ravenloft fan since the first boxed set came out and I have never lost my love of the setting. I was very happy to find a community dedicated to this fang-tastic world that I have loved for so long. I am very happy to be here! :)
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Welcome Ben! We're glad to help in any way we can!
Black Hawk
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Black Hawk »

Nox wrote:
Black Hawk wrote:Hi to all!

I'm an Italian Ravenloft fan. I started to play ravenloft adventures since I buyed Domains of Dread (don't remember the year was loong time ago) and now after like 15 years I resumed the desire, first to read all the adventures and modules that I couldn't read at the time and second after discovered this site and read the Gazetteer metaplot (that intrigued me a lot) who knows maybe I'll do a campaing following that scenario,

regards
Benvenuto nella nebbia! Bello vedere che non sono l'unico italiano che ama RL :D

(traduction: Welcome to the mists! Nice to see that i'm not the only Italian who loves RL)
Grazie amico

Thanks friend :)
Evan
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Evan »

Hello guys and gals,
my name's Evan (obviously), I'm from Greece and I've been a long time lurker and a great fan of the work the FoS has been doing over the years.

I also used to play quite a bit on Rookhausen all those years back (I only had two characters, a cleric of Belenus called Ambrose and a monk called Angus, just in case there are old acquaintances hanging around) and had a short tenure as an ADM.

I decided to join the forum for two reasons:
First, I love Ravenloft both as a campaign setting and as a source for gothic literature and it's a darn shame I never joined sooner.
And second, I was recently reading the latest issue of QtR and got really interested in possibly doing a write-up for Rookhausen. I would love to include old PCs from the chats and/or events from RH adventures, so this is also a shout-out for that purpose. Anyone reading this, feel free to PM me (I think my eye also cought Conrad commenting on this forum, as well as Steve of the Levkarest chats *waves*).

Aaaand... that should be about it for the time being. Looking forward to talking to you guys.
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Welcome Evan, and I'm looking forward to read your Rookhausen built up :)
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Evan
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Evan »

Hi Joel and thanks for the welcome.

I'm still in the process of reviving old contacts. Much to my surprise, it's been over 10 years since the Rookhausen chats died off (my, does time fly!). Once I have recovered enough material, I should be ready to start in earnest.
Deathwyrm
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Deathwyrm »

Hey all. Glanced at these forums off and on for a while, but decided it would be good to sign up. My first genuine experiences with Ravenloft came from the ol' Rookhausen chat (as some others here have been familiar with), and having spent a couple of years playing there developed a fondness for the setting. I maintain two main groups for gaming in the Toronto area, and we've been on Pathfinder for some time, but especially lately... I've been unable to ignore the itch to grab a few of the better roleplayers among the groups and challenge their minds and hearts with some sinister horror that Ravenloft really delivers on. Probably will be often on the site and forum scrounging ideas and feedback to make something quality for them.