New to Ravenloft? Or new to our forum? introduce yourself!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: New to Ravenloft? Or new to our forum? introduce yoursel

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Welcome Ember in the Dark!... cue the fresh blood jokes... :) Glad to have new players discovering "our" setting!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Clark
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Clark »

Hello all! It's been about 15 years or so since the last time I was in the mists, but I'm coming back in a (hopefully) big way. Now if you'll excuse me I'm looking for the place to ask for help with campaign ideas... :twisted:
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Clark wrote:Hello all! It's been about 15 years or so since the last time I was in the mists, but I'm coming back in a (hopefully) big way. Now if you'll excuse me I'm looking for the place to ask for help with campaign ideas... :twisted:
Welcome, Clark! The Mists never truly let you go! You've found the right place, it seems... hope we can help.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
steamwolf
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by steamwolf »

Hello everyone. I've been roleplaying for years and always had an interest in Ravenloft, often hearing about it here and there, but never actually playing in it/running a game in it. I originally played D&D years ago a few times in the 90s, mostly homebrew but some Dark Sun as well. Most of my roleplaying experience was during 4e and now 5e, and I have been running the Ravenloft adventures released for 5e. Just finished running Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts, and now I'm running Curse of Strahd.

I'm glad I found this forum, and hope to become more active here.
Nox
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nox »

steamwolf wrote:Hello everyone. I've been roleplaying for years and always had an interest in Ravenloft, often hearing about it here and there, but never actually playing in it/running a game in it. I originally played D&D years ago a few times in the 90s, mostly homebrew but some Dark Sun as well. Most of my roleplaying experience was during 4e and now 5e, and I have been running the Ravenloft adventures released for 5e. Just finished running Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts, and now I'm running Curse of Strahd.

Welcome! I am glad that more and more people are entering the Mist.
Nalfien
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Nalfien »

Hi I'm Nalfien on the Fantasy Grounds and EN World sites. I'm Xombiemike everywhere else. I'm currently running a Castlevania themed 5e Curse of Strahd game. I'm the creator and administrator of the official Bloodstained Ritual of the Night forum and host of the Bloodstained Community Broadcast. I enjoy brainstorming and sharing the things I create. Connecting people together is my passion.
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Nalfien wrote:Hi I'm Nalfien on the Fantasy Grounds and EN World sites. I'm Xombiemike everywhere else. I'm currently running a Castlevania themed 5e Curse of Strahd game. I'm the creator and administrator of the official Bloodstained Ritual of the Night forum and host of the Bloodstained Community Broadcast. I enjoy brainstorming and sharing the things I create. Connecting people together is my passion.
Welcome Nalfien! I'm sure you will find many ideas in the misty corners of our Manor!

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

steamwolf wrote:Hello everyone. I've been roleplaying for years and always had an interest in Ravenloft, often hearing about it here and there, but never actually playing in it/running a game in it. I originally played D&D years ago a few times in the 90s, mostly homebrew but some Dark Sun as well. Most of my roleplaying experience was during 4e and now 5e, and I have been running the Ravenloft adventures released for 5e. Just finished running Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts, and now I'm running Curse of Strahd.

Welcome Steamwolf! Glad you found this place, and hopefully, you will never be able to leave ;)

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Kalaron
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Kalaron »

Greetings and salutations. Old-school 2nd ed Ravenloft fan, player and DM, back into the fold, currently running CoS modded with Masque over 5th edition. Let evil flow!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Kalaron wrote:Greetings and salutations. Old-school 2nd ed Ravenloft fan, player and DM, back into the fold, currently running CoS modded with Masque over 5th edition. Let evil flow!
Welcome Kalaron. The evil flows a bit deep around here. bring some boots!
Rathbone
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Rathbone »

Hello everybody. I'm an old school DM (still playing AD&D Second Edition) and have recently brushed off my old Ravenloft box sets to run a campaign for my teenage kids. We've started with Feast Of Goblyns and it's going really well. I'm just glad to be DMing again after all these years!

Anyway, I love Ravenloft and I love horror so I'm really looking forward to exchanging tips and stories with everyone on the site.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Excellent! Welcome, Rathbone and thanks for indoctrinating ... er... introducing Ravenloft to the next generation! :)

I first ran Feast of Goblyns as a teenager too, though it was quite a long time ago. Hope your kids enjoy it! (I'm envious, I have the poster of the cover from the module hanging in my office, and it freaks out my kids, so it will be a while before I can do the same...)
Rathbone
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Rathbone »

Thanks for the welcome. I was so pleased that my kids took to roleplaying with only the slightest of nudges from me - I couldn't bear the thought of all those books and box sets (which I've kept in perfect condition all these years) never being used again!
Chronische
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Chronische »

I've been a reader of the site for a long, long time. I grew up playing AD&D (a little halfling fighter/cleric, in fact) and it's still my preferred edition. I've been running/playing AD&D 2e for at least a decade now, unbroken, and longer than that with breaks. However, in all that time I've had only one good Ravenloft game that lasted only 6, a very brief attempt at running it in 5e for 4 sessions, and a pair of Gothic Earth games (one as a player for 4 sessions, one that's still going as a GM at 5 sessions). I've just had horrible luck at getting a group together that doesn't have the most conflicting schedules imaginable!

At any rate, I figured it was finally time to actually join in, now that I have completely consumed all the netbooks, all the material (skipping 4e and pathfinder stuff), and all the novels. Maybe I'll even contribute something back, now that I've absorbed so much of what's here!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Welcome, Chronische! Always glad to see the old-school fans coming back. We all know the Mists never let you truly leave! :)