New to Ravenloft? Or new to our forum? introduce yourself!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Higginz
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Re: New to the Forum? introduce yourself here!

Post by Higginz »

Greetings. I'm not exactly new here since I used to frequent these boards last year, but I am returning after a hiatus of several months. Unfortunately, work, marriage, and graduate school have kept me rather busy the past several months. However, I'm graduating this month, so I hope to have more time to resume my recreational pursuits. Either way, hello everyone, and I hope to have many good times discussing and experiencing (be careful for what you ask?) the Realms of Dread.

:)
Diesirae
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Diesirae »

I dont think i did this the first time, and ive been gone for so long:
HI! i'm Vincent and quite frankly i missed Ravenloft and returned. I usually am off the wall and rather nuttier than a squirrels excrement.
i started in RL when i was 7ish when my mom bought me the black box (because vampires were cool to me)
I didnt even know what DnD was yet, but imagine when i discovered this and was like "OMG MOM! MOM! THIS IS A GAME!!!"

now a days Typically i run a 3.5, tried a few 4e and want to but have no idea how to do the forum RPing.

So rejoice! For very bad tings are about to happen!
Well what is this that I can't see With ice cold hands takin' hold of me,
Well I am death, none can excel, I'll open the door to heaven or hell
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Welcome Diesirae! Play by forum rules vary based on the DM. If you're interested in joining one, post a "player looking for game" thread in the Cafe subforum.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Diesirae wrote:I dont think i did this the first time, and ive been gone for so long:
HI! i'm Vincent and quite frankly i missed Ravenloft and returned. I usually am off the wall and rather nuttier than a squirrels excrement.
i started in RL when i was 7ish when my mom bought me the black box (because vampires were cool to me)
I didnt even know what DnD was yet, but imagine when i discovered this and was like "OMG MOM! MOM! THIS IS A GAME!!!"

now a days Typically i run a 3.5, tried a few 4e and want to but have no idea how to do the forum RPing.

So rejoice! For very bad tings are about to happen!
Welcome, fellow Richard the Necromancer fan.
Morte Rouge
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Morte Rouge »

*bows*

I'm Andrew. I'm not really new. I've been here before, long ago, under an SN I don't even recall at the present. As you might guess from the name, I tend towards Masque of the Red Death, but I really waffle back and forth between Masque and Ravenloft proper. And Cthulhu by Gaslight, but that's another thing entirely.

And I really, really dig the old horror writers like Machen, Blackwood, M.R. James and so on.
They ask me if I feel remorse and I answer, "Why of course!
There is so much more I could have done if they'd let me!"
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Welcome back! No one ever truly leaves the Mists. :)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
The Wolfman
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by The Wolfman »

Hullo, all. I posted here several thousand years ago, and since I'm starting up a new Ravenloft game, I thought I'd pop back in and post here some more!
My gaming blog, including my Ravenloft stuff: http://wolf-were.dreamwidth.org
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Welcome back! :)
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
The Wolfman
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by The Wolfman »

Joël of the FoS wrote:Welcome back! :)
Thanks!
My gaming blog, including my Ravenloft stuff: http://wolf-were.dreamwidth.org
scienceBorg
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by scienceBorg »

Hi all, I'm coming back to all my old TSR settings, flipping through old material, just enjoying the shared creativity of all of them.

Was, and still am, really into Planescape but I loved just about every setting I ever got my hands on (Spelljammer, Mystara, Dark Sun, Ravenloft, Birthright, Greyhawk - and Dragonlance and FR for the novels!)
Looking for contributions for Alternate Prime Worlds and Alternate Multiverses - would love to see any ideas people have for either!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Welcome! Enjoy your stay in the Mists. Remember, no matter which setting you're in, we can grab you! :)
maglaurus
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by maglaurus »

Hi Everyone,

I'm not so much "new" as I am a lurker who becomes active everyone once in a while (like a werebeast with a rare and elusive trigger). Anyhow, I became acquainted with Ravenloft through the Red Box Set, which I hid under my bed with all my other "demonic game books" back when I was in the 7th grade. I guess that means I've been a fan for about seventeen years.

My most recent role-playing project is a series of blogs involving conversions of AD&D 2nd Edition settings to the Savage Worlds ruleset. The horror element built into the Savage Worlds rules makes the Ravenloft conversion rather easy, so instead I thought I'd take the opportunity to build a "test campaign" and post the material online. It almost goes without saying, that I'm hoping the community here will offer some constructive criticism re: my ideas.
To represent means to have kind of magical power
over appearances, to be able to bring into presence what is absent, and that is why writing, the most powerful means of representation, was called “grammarye,” a magical act.
--Stephen A. Tyler
philipsteele
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by philipsteele »

hello there

my name is philipsteele...i am a newbie here..let us start a long journey here.... :elena:
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Welcome!

But your post doesn't say much about you! When did you start being interested in Ravenloft?

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Strahdsbuddy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Strahdsbuddy »

philipsteele wrote:hello there

my name is philipsteele...i am a newbie here..let us start a long journey here.... :elena:
Bot?
Get the Core Genesis Project V4 in the Mausoleum.

Check out the Ravenloft Cartographic Society on Facebook