New to Ravenloft? Or new to our forum? introduce yourself!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
TheLightKeeper
Conspirator
Conspirator

Got trapped following a quest for Soth

Post by TheLightKeeper »

The Legend Huma was the first novel I read growing up, after that, I devoured what books my brother had, and his friends taught me about owod and at about 12 I had the 3.0 rules understood and had the krynn setting, we played till graduation, then I had a roommate give me the black box from 1990 still in plastic everything inside, finally opened it to teach the neighbors how to play, they asked a lot of questions which led me to your forum/wiki.
Five
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: New to Ravenloft? Or new to our forum? introduce yoursel

Post by Five »

I am Five, and I bid you welcome, TheLightKeeper, to our house. Come in, the night air is chill, and you must need to eat and rest.
"A very piteous thing it was to see such a quantity of dead bodies, and such an outpouring of blood - that is, if they had not been enemies of the Christian faith."

- Jean Pierre Sarrasin, "The Memoirs of the Lord of Joinville"
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Got trapped following a quest for Soth

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

TheLightKeeper wrote:The Legend Huma was the first novel I read growing up, after that, I devoured what books my brother had, and his friends taught me about owod and at about 12 I had the 3.0 rules understood and had the krynn setting, we played till graduation, then I had a roommate give me the black box from 1990 still in plastic everything inside, finally opened it to teach the neighbors how to play, they asked a lot of questions which led me to your forum/wiki.
Welcome, Welcome. If you're a Soth fan, you should definitely try to find Knight of the Black Rose and Spectre of the Black Rose, two classic novels that detail how he got to Ravenloft, and how he eventually left. Great reads, both!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Bloodmoon
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Bloodmoon »

Hi!!!!!!!!!!

I'm new to the forum, although a Ravenloft enthusiast since the 1980s.

I'm trying to start a 5e Ravenloft campaign without using Curse of Strahd and the Adventurer's guild stuff. I like making my own adventures. So, I'm looking for suggestions on publications that convert Ravenloft to 5e. That's why I'm here.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Bloodmoon wrote:Hi!!!!!!!!!!

I'm new to the forum, although a Ravenloft enthusiast since the 1980s.

I'm trying to start a 5e Ravenloft campaign without using Curse of Strahd and the Adventurer's guild stuff. I like making my own adventures. So, I'm looking for suggestions on publications that convert Ravenloft to 5e. That's why I'm here.
Hi Bloodmoon,

always happy to help! I know you've already posted and gotten some feedback, but we look forward to helping more as you go... welcome!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Spark
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Spark »

Hello, I hope you are all doing very well.

I'm new to the forum, but I've been a big fan of the associated QtR netbooks for several years. I've never gotten to play DnD, but I've enjoyed sourcebooks and regular books (although I never realized the books in question, a smattering of Krynn-based ones, were associated with D&D until long after) alike. I look forward to discussing and participating here wherever I can.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Welcome Spark! Glad to have you here... maybe we can actually get you playing D&D in Ravenloft one of these days. ;)
Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

Well, it is nearing two months since I registered an account, and I have yet to formally introduce myself.

I was introduced to Ravenloft about two years ago--I think--when a powerful lich convinced the adventuring party that we needed to go there to retrieve something he had stolen. It was a lovely trip. We poisoned a whole town in Barovia with belladonna to root out a werewolf, we were nearly enslaved at the Falkovnian border, we freed a shadow fiend while crossing a mountain pass, and, after we reached Viaki and found the stolen property--a petrified angel--we had to go all the way to the Veidrava Salt Mine to find an escape near the Lake of Sounds.

With one technical exception, I have never played a good aligned character. Even worse, I don't play many neutral characters who stay that way. The technical exception was a kobold who was cursed to be good as part of his backstory. He was also cursed to be a kobold, since he had originally been a bone devil. His alignment restriction was lifted after meeting the aforementioned shadow fiend, and his life ended shortly afterward.

I would defend my behavior, but I am busy justifying it to myself.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

With all of those acts, how did you guys ever manage to make it out of the Demiplane of Dread, rather than ending up stuck in your own domain? ó_ò
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Welcome Wolfglide. We won't judge you for your characters' actions (though the Dark Powers certainly might judge them!) Most of us are DM's around here, so we've often had to play some pretty evil folks too. :azalin:
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Rock wrote:With all of those acts, how did you guys ever manage to make it out of the Demiplane of Dread, rather than ending up stuck in your own domain? ó_ò
The poisoning was nonlethal, and the shadow fiend was released on accident. Still, several of us probably did not deserve to leave. We had to use an amulet the lich sent ahead of us, so the Dark Powers were not responsible for our release. Perhaps the Dark Powers felt we had a destiny elsewhere. Otherwise, maybe we never actually left, instead ending up in an imitation of our world as punishment. That would explain a lot.
Guardiani
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Guardiani »

greetings!

my name is...well... Guardiani.

Im from brazil and i play ravenloft for about 5-6 Years and i even tried to translate the books to Portuguese but things went south.

Me and my friends use and still see FOS as our main source of Knowledge .

Im trying to raise a group or find a way to make an atlas o the demiplane adjusting some things that was outside the old ones.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

a belated welcome to you, Guardiani. We're happy to have you and look forward to your contributions.
Starscream
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Starscream »

Greetings to all!

I am an italian dungeon master who was elected by my group to prepare and run a Ravenloft campaign (3.x edition), because I spoke very well about this ambientation.
Searching for ideas and advices I found Gonzoron's campaing site, a mine full of goodness! :D

I read all his sessions and wrote to him to thank him for the ispirations he gave me. He suggested that I could join this forum.. and here I am :)
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Help! A doppelganger stole my face!

Just kidding. Welcome!