New to Ravenloft? Or new to our forum? introduce yourself!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Evan
Conspirator
Conspirator

Re: New to Ravenloft? Or new to our forum? introduce yoursel

Post by Evan »

Hey there Deathwyrm! Check out my two posts above yours, in case you can help with my project.
Which characters did you use to play on Rookhausen?
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Welcome, Deathwyrm! You might find it useful to check out Ryan Naylor's Pathfinder update to Ravenloft, available in our Library.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Deathwyrm
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Deathwyrm »

Gonzoron: Thanks! This is certainly something worth reading, 110%. I'm on the fence whether to continue using Pathfinder or to just hack apart the World of Darkness system since it handles horror and such without having to worry about loot and gear and such.

Evan: I played Aresius for a few years. Had to abandon ship for a time because life got REALLY weird for a while. But you don't live for a couple of years in that setting without missing it an old girlfriend or some other metaphor. You're good people, man. Shoot me a message sometime.
theDr
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by theDr »

Hi - minor Introduction to me.

The Dr Cheinstein here ( or Pete outside the mists). I posted on this forum years ago on topics such as playing Assassin's (my fav 1e class)in Ravenloft.

Gothic Fan since the 1990 Blackbox and have tangled with the Master of Ravenloft on several occasions - including as lucky the boots baggins. My favourite halfling thief of 2e (Alas he was anything but lucky). I've managed (or i think I have) to pick up every Ravenloft adventure and campaign book published, which graces the shelves of the study (although none of the ultra rare RPGA modules alas). I've lurked on and off for years - however with typically ghoulish excitement just posted a find on the Wizards site - which appears elsewhere on this forum. Lets hope 'Curse of Strahd' is real and as good as Ravenloft fans hope it will be. Im currently playing an Alchemist in Pathfinder, although if Wizards supports Ravenloft in 5e - I might be persuaded to invest.

IMHO D&D always needed a well thought out scientist character class for worlds like Ravenloft. So may review any posts on using the alchemist class from PF in the mists....

Good night out there - whatever you are!!
The Dr always delivers "death to strahd".
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Welcome, theDr! Yes, we're as excited about Curse of Strahd as anyone. Here's hoping! (And, I agree, the alchemist is a great Ravenloft class...)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Evan
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Evan »

Hey there Doctor! Welcome!

There is also a Scientist prestige class in Legacy of the Blood, if memory serves. Perhaps not the best though out class, but has potential with a bit of homebrewing.
Boneguard
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Boneguard »

Good Day,

My name is Andre (But go in pretty much every forum as Boneguard...long story). I've been playing AD&D for longer than I care to admit and Ravenloft was always one fo my favorite setting (although I never got ot play in it as much as I would have liked).

What brings my here, is a little project of mine: Creating a new Domain back on the Piazza (my main AD&D haunt). The TL;DR of it is: This domain is an underground Dwarven Stronghold, where the Lord (a mountain dwarf) ascended to power through murder, betrayal and making deals with Duergar and Derro.

I currently have about half the maps drawn, half of the history of the Domain written, the population breakdown completed and the Lord and his two primary opponent written for AD&D 2nd ed.

Where I'm hoping to get some help would be in improving on the Curse levied upon the Lord and converting the 3 dwarves into varied systems to create an appendix, that would allow the GM to use it in most popular systems .

So that,s the short of who I am.
Gaming is not a hobby, but a way of life.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Hello Boneguard, and welcome! Hope we can be of help with your domain...
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Salut André, et bienvenue dans les brumes :)

Yes, for your project, do not hesitate to ask on the main board, you'll usually find a lot of helping people here :)

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Boneguard
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Boneguard »

Merci beaucoup, c,est toujours une heureuse surprise d'avoir une réponse en français.

Indeed I went ahead and already have help with some of the conversion to other system (5th ed for now, but there's plenty more to choose) as well as trying to refine the Lord's Curse.
Gaming is not a hobby, but a way of life.
Dorack
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Dorack »

Greetings! My name is Dorack; long time D&D and Ravenloft fan. Glad to have found this forum.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Welcome, Dorack! Always good to see fresh BRAINS :Brain: .... er... I mean... new guests. :azalin:
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:Welcome, Dorack! Always good to see fresh BRAINS :Brain: .... er... I mean... new guests. :azalin:

I really miss Dru for new members ..... :lucas:
Nevermorrow
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Nevermorrow »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:Welcome, Dorack! Always good to see fresh BRAINS :Brain: .... er... I mean... new guests. :azalin:
You don't want my brain., Gonzoron Seriously, it's never been in good shape. I'm sure it would taste bad.

Hi again, folks. Yep, it's me again. I lost my password to both my Cafe de Nuit account and the email I had joined with so I re-joined today.
Formerly known as SpiritCaller.
Mistmaster
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mistmaster »

Hello, I'm Mistmaster, and I would like to knew better this strange demiplane full of folkloristic inhabitants;