New to Ravenloft? Or new to our forum? introduce yourself!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: New to Ravenloft? Or new to our forum? introduce yoursel

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Mistmaster wrote:Hello, I'm Mistmaster, and I would like to knew better this strange demiplane full of folkloristic inhabitants;
Welcome! we're glad to help in any way we can!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
thepoorman
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by thepoorman »

Hello, all. Longtime Ravenloft fan here finally getting around to joining the forums. I've mined the Fraternity's resources quite a bit over the years. Great website, and the forums have been pretty handy, too.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

thepoorman wrote:Hello, all. Longtime Ravenloft fan here finally getting around to joining the forums. I've mined the Fraternity's resources quite a bit over the years. Great website, and the forums have been pretty handy, too.
Welcome! And thanks for the compliments...
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Carrion Crow
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Carrion Crow »

Having recently rescued all my 2nd Edition Ravenloft material from the confines of my attic (well, loft actually, but attic sounds more...Ravenloft-y), I was also pleased to discover that the Fraternity of Shadows site was not only still up and running, but also had a healthy forum and new content. Yay!

Due to real life getting in the way, the last proper Ravenloft product I bought was the Domains of Dread hardback in 1997, so I'm firmly entrenched in 2nd Edition. However, bearing the Rules in mind (and not knowing anything about editions past 2nd), anything I post will hopefully be generic enough to use in any edition, or should be easily convertible for those who wish to use it.

(As a brief aside, I HAD to buy Domains of Dread, as my name appears in the credits! Admittedly, it's in the 'With Thanks To' section, but is is there...) :D

I look forward to indulging my dark side and joining a community that loves the Demiplane as much as me.

Regards

Jez
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Carrion Crow wrote:Having recently rescued all my 2nd Edition Ravenloft material from the confines of my attic (well, loft actually, but attic sounds more...Ravenloft-y), I was also pleased to discover that the Fraternity of Shadows site was not only still up and running, but also had a healthy forum and new content. Yay!

Due to real life getting in the way, the last proper Ravenloft product I bought was the Domains of Dread hardback in 1997, so I'm firmly entrenched in 2nd Edition. However, bearing the Rules in mind (and not knowing anything about editions past 2nd), anything I post will hopefully be generic enough to use in any edition, or should be easily convertible for those who wish to use it.

(As a brief aside, I HAD to buy Domains of Dread, as my name appears in the credits! Admittedly, it's in the 'With Thanks To' section, but is is there...) :D

I look forward to indulging my dark side and joining a community that loves the Demiplane as much as me.

Regards

Jez
That's cool! And welcome back to the Lands of the Mist.
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Carrion Crow wrote:Having recently rescued all my 2nd Edition Ravenloft material from the confines of my attic (well, loft actually, but attic sounds more...Ravenloft-y),
Really? you don't think LOFT is RavenLOFT-y enough? :lol:

Welcome, Carrion Crow, and please watch where you leave your carrion... it tends to disappear rather quickly around here.
Dreamakuma
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Dreamakuma »

Hello,
I'm Dreamakuma. Been a lurker for about 5 years on the site and forums. I6 was the first module I was exposed to, My older cousin got me into the game by allowing me to sit in and watch them wander in this castle with an evil vampire baron. I've been in and out of the hobby since 96 and am glad to finally join the discussion of this wonderful setting and it's peculiar characters.
My favorite Darklord is one that is kinda scarce in reading; Maligno. Sure he's not a true darklord, but I dig his character all the same.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Dreamakuma wrote:My favorite Darklord is one that is kinda scarce in reading; Maligno. Sure he's not a true darklord, but I dig his character all the same.
Welcome Dreamakuma! Do you mean Malocchio? Because Maligno is definitely a darklord. A small domain, yes, but a darklord nonetheless.
Dreamakuma
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Dreamakuma »

I meant Maligno the puppet, My bad. I thought he wasn't a darklord due to his entry in domains of dread. They call him a lord in there. I figured there was a difference.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Dreamakuma wrote:I meant Maligno the puppet, My bad. I thought he wasn't a darklord due to his entry in domains of dread. They call him a lord in there. I figured there was a difference.
Ah yes, the Domains of Dread lord ranking system... It's been pretty much ignored since then. All darklords are darklords nowadays, even if they were ranked as "Lord," "Overlord" or whatever in Domains of Dread.
Dreamakuma
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Dreamakuma »

Cool. I've been a bit out of the setting. I only have a small collection that's beginning to steady rise due to being as cheap as possible so I am missing books that miss details.
Suvie
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Suvie »

Hey everyone, long time lurker, first time poster here. Discussion with my GF about what to play next has let us to finally try a RavenLoft campaign. I played in the setting way back in 2nd edition, but never actually GM'd before, so this will be exciting. Any suggestions for a first time RL GM would be most wellcome!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Suvie wrote:Hey everyone, long time lurker, first time poster here. Discussion with my GF about what to play next has let us to finally try a RavenLoft campaign. I played in the setting way back in 2nd edition, but never actually GM'd before, so this will be exciting. Any suggestions for a first time RL GM would be most wellcome!
Welcome, Suvie! We'll be glad to help. always happy to have new visitors!
DeadFingersTalk
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by DeadFingersTalk »

Hello there, always been on these forums now and then too look up new ideas and people's thoughts and opinions on various topics but figured I'd start contributing my own. Currently working on a Ravenloft project with NearEthereal as well as running through our own PnP campaigns as a precursor to the project itself and storyboard.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

DeadFingersTalk wrote:Hello there, always been on these forums now and then too look up new ideas and people's thoughts and opinions on various topics but figured I'd start contributing my own. Currently working on a Ravenloft project with NearEthereal as well as running through our own PnP campaigns as a precursor to the project itself and storyboard.
Welcome, DeadFingersTalk! Thanks for signing up!