Ravenloft Artbook of Talon Dunning

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Ravenloft Artbook of Talon Dunning

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Just a few things to point out on my party pic... the level of detail that Talon was able to squeeze in is amazing.

- Tucked away on Kerri's hip is her Elvish Whipvine, and the pouches on her bandoleer are her herbs and folk remedies
- You can see the holy symbol of Ezra on Duffy's sword, Ezra's Mercy, and the Goggles that the Engineer of Karina made for him are on his head
- Around Suriana's neck is her Acorn of the Green Lady and the ring she's wearing is an Alven Crown
- Around Leif's neck is his infant brother's magic stone
- the "bloodshot eye" amulet around Ludovic's neck is the symbol of his affiliation with the University of Port-a-Lucine (it's actually an overhead view of the city), and he's wearing a Harness Lantern from Van Richten's Arsenal

so cool!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Haha! Just saw the picture its great!
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Envy.
With budgetary concerns I've had to pass on Talon art the two times I've made it to GenCon. I'm hoping to go again in 2017 and plan to set aside money explicitly for art.
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Zilfer wrote:Haha! Just saw the picture its great!
Indeed!

I'm now absolutely jealous and need the same :)

Talon, what kind of budget do you ask for this kind of group drawing (6 persons) ?

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

And you only do them at Con's generally right?

Joël of the FoS

Zilfer wrote:And you only do them at Con's generally right?
If I'm not mistaken, I don't think so : Ron met him at a Con, but the drawing was make in the weeks after.

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Ender
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ender »

Joël of the FoS wrote:
Zilfer wrote:And you only do them at Con's generally right?
If I'm not mistaken, I don't think so : Ron met him at a Con, but the drawing was make in the weeks after.

Joël
Though the commission itself is usually only taken at the cons.
Talon
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Talon »

I only accept private commissions at con appearances (which pretty much means GenCon and DragonCon). I usually end up doing one or two a day at the show, and then take the rest home to complete over the next year. Ron's was the first in, but due to its complication, I skipped it and brought it home, making it the first at-home piece to be finished. I generally don't accept pieces with more than 4 characters. I made an exception in this case. Ron requested the commission online, but met me at GenCon to give me the art notes, so it counted as a convention piece. If you want to commission me, you need to come to one of those cons and give it to me in person. I wish I could accept online commissions, but I can barely get the ones from cons done.
From the mind of Talon Dunning
http://www.talonart.com - http://www.arcane-marks.com
Joël of the FoS

You create rarity ;D
Talon
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Talon »

That's one way of looking at it, I suppose. :-)
From the mind of Talon Dunning
http://www.talonart.com - http://www.arcane-marks.com
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Talon wrote:I only accept private commissions at con appearances (which pretty much means GenCon and DragonCon). I usually end up doing one or two a day at the show, and then take the rest home to complete over the next year. Ron's was the first in, but due to its complication, I skipped it and brought it home, making it the first at-home piece to be finished. I generally don't accept pieces with more than 4 characters. I made an exception in this case. Ron requested the commission online, but met me at GenCon to give me the art notes, so it counted as a convention piece. If you want to commission me, you need to come to one of those cons and give it to me in person. I wish I could accept online commissions, but I can barely get the ones from cons done.
Yeah as always thanks for the response. I think I've asked the question before since I don't go to Con's and was too lazy to go looking back in this topic to find the answer. Thanks for the answer! :) I'll just have to dream and watch all the other commissions that show up in this topic. :)

Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Talon wrote: I generally don't accept pieces with more than 4 characters. I made an exception in this case.
And for that I am grateful. Note that he didn't count the ghost as a full character, so it was only 5, not 6. But still, it would have hurt to lose Suriana from the pic (the young girl). As she's only a part-time PC, she would have been the one to have gotten the axe if I had to restrict it to 4. Thanks again Talon for bending your rules this time.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Another commission. Weretiger maybe?