Net canon settlements

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Strahdsbuddy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Net canon settlements

Post by Strahdsbuddy »

What net-canon settlements have you found? Anything popping up on DMsGuild that is not in another source? Aracos, Barovia comes to mind. I admit I don't have every Ravenloft product on the guild, but I've scoured all printed material and free netbooks for this info. If you know of any, place a reference below and I will add it to the almanac.

I should say, there are a lot of domains hurting for settlements. Mordent, Verbrek, Lamordia, and Kartakass are full as far as total population goes. Darkon, Richemulot, Falkovnia, Nova Vaasa, Nidala, Valachan, Hazlan, Borca, and the Gundarakite parts of Barovia need some help! If you find a town that doesn't call out a specific domain, lets make a case for it here!
Get the Core Genesis Project V4 in the Mausoleum.

Check out the Ravenloft Cartographic Society on Facebook
IanFordam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Net canon settlements

Post by IanFordam »

A month ago (maybe two), I promised Speedwagon that I would add another settlement to his similar thread (viewtopic.php?t=11291), and I have finally done so. Although you requested net-canon sources, I thought a cross-reference to that thread of homebrew settlements might be handy.
Strahdsbuddy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Strahdsbuddy »

Wow how did I miss that? Thank you Ian!

I'm still curious if I've missed any on the Guild. The content gets made so fast!

Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

I mean... there's the settlements in my Wartorn Gazetteers. Do those count, or do you mean netcanon settlements in canon domains?
Strahdsbuddy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Strahdsbuddy »

Of course I'm tracking those too. There is a net canon domain tab...which I may need to update.

But specifically net-canon settlements in canon towns for the Core map I'm working on.
Last edited by Strahdsbuddy on Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Lesser Evil »

Van Richten's Encyclopedia of Darklords and Domains vol 2 added Freehome to Souragne (pop 50 or less, p193).

That work also has population and other stats for a lot of canon domains that never received them, including Bakumora (with Kayebo Village), Darani, Estrangia, Grafemotte (w/ the Village of Graefmotte), Histhaven (w/ Village of Histhaven), Kislova (w/ Pirie), Monadhan (w/ Shantytown), Davion, Malosia (w/Birne, Caercaelum, Firalene Down, and Parsimol), the Endless Road (w/ Havenshire) and Mithras Court.
Speedwagon
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Speedwagon »

Strahdsbuddy wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:39 pm Of course I'm tracking those too. There is a net anon domain tab...which I may need to update.

But specifically net-canon settlements in canon towns for the Core map I'm working on.
I was looking through some of my stuff on DMsGuild today, there's in "Encounters in Ravenloft" (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/358934 ... -Ravenloft) there's an adventure/encounter called "The Syndicate" that invovles the Syndicate of Enlightened Citizens of Lamordia. There's a town called Mitternacht in Lamordia, with the write-up saying: "The small town of Mitternacht is nestled in the foothills of the Sleeping Beast and on the banks of the Boneoil River (sometimes called the Black River) that leads to Ludendorf, the capital, and then on to the Sea of Sorrows (known in this
domain as the Sea of Secrets)*...[W]hile the town is relatively poor, it has become more important for its shipments of timber and furs to Ludendorf."

Does this help, somewhat?

*This supplement tries to bridge 5e material with old material. There are references to both and to the idea of a Core throughout the text, though it was released in May 2021.
Strahdsbuddy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Strahdsbuddy »

You bet it does, although that author clearly visited the Mordent Cartographic Society back in the day because Mitternacht was on one of Gomez's maps, as the village around the Aubrecker estate. Good to see it show up again and thanks for the research!