Latest site updates

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Don Fernando
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: Latest site updates

Post by Don Fernando »

Great stuff, nice work guys! Thanks a lot!
"6 out of 10 Rakshasas eat Whiskas"
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

The bodies keep on piling up around here. Another "guest" joins our Cemetery, as we present the archive of Ultramyth's Ravenloft Renaissance. Also, The FAQ has been tweaked to match the latest state of the setting in 4th Edition.

Many thanks to Ultramyth for letting us host his site, and to The Giamarga for pointing out that it was in need of hosting.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

There's some more rumbling coming from Cemetery, by popular demand, it's an archive of the lost Arthaus download: Van Richten's Guide to the Mists. (Please see the important legal notice regarding this download on the Cemetery page.) Also, Cure shares with us a review of Mordenheim in the The Drawing Room, and points out a likely bit of errata on Gazetteer II. And Jennifer's 2nd campaign continues into Session 7 out on The Veranda. And finally, a few new links ascend to the Balcony.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Kudos to you guys for hosting VRGttM.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Forum-dweller Vlad shares his massive labor of love with us, the 2e to 3e Ravenloft Conversion Guide, now available in the Mausoleum! Every NPC, encounter, and monster in every 2nd edition Ravenloft product has been lovingly catalogued, and the proper 3rd edition conversion tracked down by Vlad's relentless obsession. Many thanks, Vlad!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:Forum-dweller Vlad shares his massive labor of love with us, the 2e to 3e Ravenloft Conversion Guide, now available in the Mausoleum! Every NPC, encounter, and monster in every 2nd edition Ravenloft product has been lovingly catalogued, and the proper 3rd edition conversion tracked down by Vlad's relentless obsession. Many thanks, Vlad!

WOW. SWEET! Thanks Vlad ;)
Vlad
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Vlad »

Thanks! I loved doing it. It's not perfect though. Unfortunately many entries (like darklords) were never converted and I intended to make a guide, not the conversion itself. In some easy cases I suggest as alternative how a monster could be converted (like standard skeleton plus special ability), but usually I only gave the general race/type of the encounter, like 'vampire'.

I hope, when more netbooks come out, or if there are netbooks/references I missed, that I can update it. Feel free to send in corrections/additions (also concerning spelling, I'm not a native speaker of English).

Greets,
Vlad
Denn du bist
was du isst
und ihr wisst
was es ist
~ Rammstein
nothri
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by nothri »

Well, this is OKAY and all, but what we could really use is a 2nd and 3rd edition conversion to 4th. When are you gonna get on that?

I'm kidding, of course. Thanks for all your amazing and hard work. I am positive it won't go to waste.
I'm just a ghost in this house.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

We've had the Web Enhancements from the Arthaus products up in The Vault for a while, but we missed one. Here it is, the Web Enhancement for Denizens of Darkness. Enjoy!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Well, we may be late to the party, but The Fraternity of Shadows is now on Facebook and Twitter.

Of course the content and the community will remain here at fraternityofshadows.com, but if you want to be made aware of the latest updates here please feel free to....

Follow us on Twitter @FratOfShadows
https://twitter.com/#!/FratOfShadows

and

Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/FraternityOfShadows
Rudolf Weathermay
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Rudolf Weathermay »

nothri wrote:Well, this is OKAY and all, but what we could really use is a 2nd and 3rd edition conversion to 4th. When are you gonna get on that?

I'm kidding, of course. Thanks for all your amazing and hard work. I am positive it won't go to waste.
mentioning 4'th edition is a powercheck worthy, Nothri :azalin:
It is good to see the convertions because second edition had more than it share of useful creatures and NPC's.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Rudolf Weathermay wrote:mentioning 4'th edition is a powercheck worthy, Nothri :azalin:
Not around here it isn't. Mind the edition-bashing please, all rulesets are welcome here.
Rudolf Weathermay
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Rudolf Weathermay »

It was not my intention to scoff 4'th edition Gonzoron. My appoligies if it looked that way. I confess I'm not a fan of it, but if people enjoy this edition it is their own choise and the most important thing is that people enjoy the game regardless of the system they use.

back on topic now I suppose :wink:
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Tired of snooping around our Portrait Hall, checking the backs of the paintings for hidden maps? We've tossed a particularly ugly statue out into the swamp to make room, and collected all the lovely maps in our collection into the new Map Alcove!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

New maps in the Map Alcove! Our own Jester shares some stunning new maps of the core, in Jester's Map Gallery!