Now I want to run a PbP

Discussing all things Ravenloft
WolfKook
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Now I want to run a PbP

Post by WolfKook »

I tried to play a couple of times, to see what they're like, but they disappeared in the mists after a handful of posts, so... Now I want to run a PbP.

So, I'm looking for players, and for characters.

The game will focus on narrativism (With special rules to take Director's stance and such), but for conflict-resolution issues I'll resort to 3.5e rules (So characters will have to be created using this ruleset). All dice rolls will be thrown through www.invisiblecastle.com.

The setting will, off course, be Ravenloft, with a few alterations (Some of my own, some from the RLR project). The characters will start out in Mordent (Mordentshire), and will have to have some reason to go to Port-a-Lucine (Dementlieu) tied into their backstories.

The campaign will deal with normal people who end up facing the unnatural, and discovering that those things they held true are not so, and though I have a basic storyline in mind, I would also like to work along the different characters' concepts, so I would like to see characters with strong personalities and an interesting backstory (Even though I would prefer them to be oblivious to the true nature of Ravenloft).

Character Creation:
Abilities: Should be consistent with description and background, and in no way the total modifier of all the abilities should be greater than +7.
Races: Any race from the RLCS will be accepted, with humans and half-breeds (Caliban, Half-Elves and Half-Vistani) being preferred to other races. PCs from outlander races could be accepted, but even them should have grown in the Demiplane, and somehow they should be oblivious of their true origin.
Classes: NPC classes would be preferred over PC classes, but even alternate classes would be taken in consideration.
Level: 1, or 2 for NPC classes.

Last but not least: I plan to post two to three times a week, and encourage players to do the same, but to wait 2-3 posts from others before posting again. Do not expect replies from me on weekends, though.

So, for those interested, please send me your characters to wolfkook@gmail.com.
"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom"
William Blake