MARKET PLACE: Ravenloft's interesting auctions and links

Discussing all things Ravenloft
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Congrats Dimitri! CoD isn't that bad. I got lots of salvageable stuff out of it, some of the feats, some of the PrCs. And iirc it has the Darkling template. OTOH LotB is great.

Also:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sword-Sorcery-Raven ... dZViewItem

Gaz 2 for $12 (buy it now)

Though i'd probably pick up that other lot with Gaz 2 in it...

I'll get back to you about Gaz 5 after the weekend.
Dimitri Mazieres
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dimitri Mazieres »

The Giamarga wrote:Congrats Dimitri! CoD isn't that bad. I got lots of salvageable stuff out of it, some of the feats, some of the PrCs. And iirc it has the Darkling template. OTOH LotB is great.
That's good to know. I was worried about all the comments regarding Sheriff von Zarovich... :)
The Giamarga wrote:Also: link

Gaz 2 for $12 (buy it now)

Though i'd probably pick up that other lot with Gaz 2 in it...
Thanks, I had my eye on that one, as well. But I agree with you that the other lot would be better. Let's see if luck's with me in the following days. :)
[i]"Many point out that this battle against the darkness is an impossible one, and they may well be right. Impossible or not, however, the battle for righteousness is one that only a few heroes are brave enough to undertake"[/i]
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

So, i paid the auction and the Gazetteer is on the way to me. Also i looked up the postage costs here and here. Apparently regular postage to Uruguay is quite expensive at EUR 12,-. Bookrate without airmail might be the way to go as it is much cheaper at EUR 4,50, but this would have a very loong delivery time. OTOH I could wait until I am in South America in December and send it from Peru then. What do you say?
Dimitri Mazieres
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

The Giamarga wrote:So, i paid the auction and the Gazetteer is on the way to me. Also i looked up the postage costs here and here. Apparently regular postage to Uruguay is quite expensive at EUR 12,-. Bookrate without airmail might be the way to go as it is much cheaper at EUR 4,50, but this would have a very loong delivery time. OTOH I could wait until I am in South America in December and send it from Peru then. What do you say?
Yes, those shipping rates are a bit high. Probably the second option would be a better idea, but anyway, I should be getting Gaz I-IV in a few days, thanks to your tips, so I'll have something to keep me busy with ;). And maybe Snake can get Gaz V (see here), and if no one else around here needs it, I could get it with lower shipping rates, and you could keep yours. :)

Once again, thank you very much for your help so far. :D
[i]"Many point out that this battle against the darkness is an impossible one, and they may well be right. Impossible or not, however, the battle for righteousness is one that only a few heroes are brave enough to undertake"[/i]
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

My pleasure.

I'll keep the Gaz V around, let me know if you want it.
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

In reply to King November's asking about where/how to get Ravenloft material, I am going to keep listing ebay auctions and links to shops with Ravenloft material that i come across in this thread.

linky

Gaz 1, Gaz 3, Van Richten's Arsenal, Dark Tales & Disturbing legends, Champions of Darkness, VR's Guide to the Walking Dead all for $5 or less starting bids.
Last edited by The Giamarga on Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Some shops listing Ravenloft stuff:

http://www.stiggybaby.com/cgi-bin/mivav ... Code=WWPSS
(3E)

www.nobleknight.com (2E, 3E)
www.hitpointe.com (2E, 3E)

www.drivethrurpg.com (pdf downloads)
www.paizo.com (pdf downloads)

www.ebay.com (D'oh.)
www.half.com
www.amazon.com (look up isbn here to search at half.com, also has used books)
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ravenloft-d20-3-5-s ... dZViewItem

WW15001 Secrets of the Dread Realms and Dungeon Master's Screen
WW15004 Ravenloft Dungeon Masters Handbook
WW15005 Ravenloft Players Handbook

starts at 0.01 GBP
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

linky

3E ravenloft ebay stores items sorted by price.
Dimitri Mazieres
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

That's a good initiative, Giamarga. Maybe it would be a good idea to have a pinned thread where we could post good deals we find around the web to help "salvage" these Ravenloft items. ;)

I've found another lot including Gaz I and III, as well as Legacy of the Blood, Champions of Darkness and the DM Screen:

Link
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Dimitri Mazieres wrote:That's a good initiative, Giamarga. Maybe it would be a good idea to have a pinned thread where we could post good deals we find around the web to help "salvage" these Ravenloft items. ;)
Well perhaps if you could edit the first post and change the title to "Help finding Ravenloft books: Interesting auctions and links" or something like that, it would be start. On the acaeum boards the threads are called "Interesting items currently on ebay". (www.acaeum.com is a D&D collector´s site) If the admins decide to sticky it all the better.
Dimitri Mazieres
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

The Giamarga wrote:Well perhaps if you could edit the first post and change the title to "Help finding Ravenloft books: Interesting auctions and links" or something like that, it would be start. On the acaeum boards the threads are called "Interesting items currently on ebay". (www.acaeum.com is a D&D collector´s site) If the admins decide to sticky it all the better.
That's a good idea. I'll change the thread's subject right away! :)
If there's enough interest, we could also post links to 2nd Edition products. There are quite a few good deals at eBay of products that were very sought-after in the AD&D days...
Dimitri Mazieres
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Ravenloft Gazetteer Vol. I - U$ 9.99 starting bid

Ravenloft Gazetteer Vol. II - U$ 19.99 starting bid.

Ravenloft Gazetteer Vol. III - U$ 0.99 starting bid
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

I just bought a copy of the RLPHB. This now makes my collection almost complete. The only stuff I don't have is mostly tangential, so I'm happy! :)
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Another lot:
linky

(Denizens of Darkness (mmmm, monstery...though with slight cover scuffs), Ravenloft Gamemaster Screen, Legacy of the Blood, Gazetteer III, Gazetteer I, and Champions of Darkness.)

24.99 bid , 17 hours to go....