Nocturnal Sea Gazetteer project update, and a contest!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Joël of the FoS

Nocturnal Sea Gazetteer project update, and a contest!

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Dear members of the Fraternity,

We are pleased to let you know of the status of this project, and of a contest!

As you know, the Fraternity's explorers embarked upon the Nocturnal Sea last Autumn and are currently writing a report on all the domains of that sea. We are pleased to announce we have shanghaied a guest on this voyage: Chris Nichols, who is helping us on this huge project. It wasn't easy getting him on board, but a few martinis from Drusilla helped us to bypass his defenses.

First, the report is more than 66% finished. However, we can’t say now when is it going to be released, as Ravenloft has a curse when deadlines are proposed. But about two months more seems right.

But, we can assure you that the luscious PDF cover will be absolutely amazing! Stephen has outdone himself again! Also, it will include a lot of new art from Isabella, as well as many dread possibilities and adventure hooks from fans.

But you can still participate in this project!

Since we would like to add as many dread possibilities and adventure hooks as possible, there is still time to add a sidebar from you. If you have a cool sidebar idea to add to any of the Nocturnal Sea domains, please send it to me at paquinjoel@videotron.ca !

And we are always looking for artists, to complete Isabella's cool work so far.

---

And, we are opening a new contest – rumours and saying about the Nocturnal Sea! You've surely heard many tales about these lands, from the fireside or dockyard, so share those with us!

This contest is unlimited (you can submit more than one entry), unauthoritarian (any form will do: letter, narative, bard song, etc.), and unbound (you can submit a rumour or saying about any of the Nocturnal Sea domains), but limited in length (about 20 lines max in font 11)

The FoS will vote on the most interesting rumours and sayings. The prize is any regular 3rd ed book from WotC, delivered to your mailbox!

Send your rumours, saying and other gossips at paquinjoel@videotron.ca with “Nocturnal Sea contest” in the email header. The deadline is May 6th, at midnight.

Joël,
for the FoS

Last edited by Joël of the FoS on Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
TwiceBorn
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity
Location: Calgary, Canada... but currently in Gran March, Greyhawk

Re: Nocturnal Sea Gazetteer project update, and a contest!

Post by TwiceBorn »

Joël of the FoS wrote: The FoS will vote on the most interesting rumours and sayings. The prize is any regular 3rd ed book from WotC, delivered to your mailbox!
Cool! What do you mean by "regular" 3rd ed book from WotC... would the Draconomicon be eligible as a prize, or is that considered more expensive than "regular" WotC books? Just wondering...
-- TwiceBorn
Joël of the FoS

Most new releases are in the 25$-35$ US range. That doesn't include the gargantuan red dragon :)

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Joël of the FoS

Oh, needless to say the best contest submissions will be disseminated through the FoS Nocturnal report, of course :)

Joël
Last edited by Joël of the FoS on Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WolfKook
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by WolfKook »

Ok, I can contribute with some (KRRUDE!) artwork. I will send you some samples this week. Is there anything you need in particular?
"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom"
William Blake
Joël of the FoS

WolfKook wrote:Ok, I can contribute with some (KRRUDE!) artwork. I will send you some samples this week. Is there anything you need in particular?
Isabella is doing a great job with portraits, so the thing we need is scenes.

Well send me samples, and I'll try to find things of this drawing type :)

Joël
Joël of the FoS

We have interesting DPs in, plus contest submissions too. Keep them coming!

Last chance to put your name in the list of contributors for this book ! :)

Joël
lawerta
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by lawerta »

Joël of the FoS wrote: Isabella is doing a great job with portraits, so the thing we need is scenes.

Joël
Could I help? :)
Joël of the FoS

lawerta wrote:
Joël of the FoS wrote: Isabella is doing a great job with portraits, so the thing we need is scenes.

Joël
Could I help? :)
Sure send me a drawing or two (type of things we could find in a Gaz), so that I can see what kind of stuff you do, and I'll select a few things for you!

Joël
Joël of the FoS

Contest update: 12 entries in already, and they are very good, but guys we need more! These entries (see my first post) will add colours and atmospheres to the netbook.

Keep on thinking on the NSea and writing about it,

Joël
Joël of the FoS

Five days to go for the contest, that is five days to add your name to the authors list of the NS netbook!

Joël
Joël of the FoS

Last weekend to put your idea into writing and send it to us! Contest ends this Sunday night.

Send me your dread possibility, or adventure hook, or rumour / saying about any domains of the Nocturnal Sea, or the sea itself:
And, we are opening a new contest – rumours and saying about the Nocturnal Sea! You've surely heard many tales about these lands, from the fireside or dockyard, so share those with us!

This contest is unlimited (you can submit more than one entry), unauthoritarian (any form will do: letter, narative, bard song, etc.), and unbound (you can submit a rumour or saying about any of the Nocturnal Sea domains), but limited in length (about 20 lines max in font 11)
Good luck with this contest!

Joël
Joël of the FoS

Contest ended!

We'll be right back with the winner!

Joël
Joël of the FoS

Dear members of the Fraternity,

We have voted on the NS contest, and I am dreadfully pleased to let you know that our attention was directed to one neck, err… esteemed member.

We had many entries and it wasn’t easy choosing one, as they were very good. Expect a lot of them included in the book. But one stood out (by a neck): a story by Dr. Vinchenzio, travelling showman and Vistani outcast.

It was written by Robert aka Cure on these boards! Bravo, Robert! So Robert is winning a WotC or other Co book of his choice, send to his home!

We won't post his submission here, as it will be included in the FoS Report on the Nocturnal Sea. We can't spoil your fun in this announcement, but be careful next time you plan an expedition on this sea. There are things in the water watching you ...

Joël, for the FoS
cure
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by cure »

Well that was terribly unexpected. Thank you very much. And let me thank the inspirations for my winning entry: Mark Graydon, responsible for the creation of Dr. Vinchenzio and his enthralling Vardo of Visions (which we should get up on the site); John W. Mangrum and his infamous Wishing Imp (whose story we should also get up on the site); and H.P. Lovecraft and his tales of the sea (which hopefully are already reviewed on the site).

That said, I need your help. Were I granted a wish, it would be for The King of the Dead and Lord of Necropolis. But they are out of print and are hardly WotC 3rd ed. As to "other Co book of his choice" that sounds mysteriously intriguing . . . . So I put it to you, what is gothic, horrifying, recommendable, and within the rules?

I have Libris Mortis and I don't want Expedition to Castle Ravenloft. Unusefully, I already had all the novels republished in the Ravenloft Covenant series. Any shudders in favour of, or opposed to, Heros of Horror or Lords of Madness? More terrifying suggestions?

Thanx again.

cure
The cure for what ails you