spooky mp3!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Snake
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Snake »

Just wanted to let you know Ail that we used this song in my friends Ravenloft game this past Sunday. Very very fitting and worked quite well.
Forgotten Son of Lord Vasili
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Thank you. I'm very glad to know this. Did your players enjoy it?

Alex
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
Snake
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Snake »

Yeah they certainly did. It fit very well. :D
Forgotten Son of Lord Vasili
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: spooky mp3!

Post by HuManBing »

"Mystery Forest" by Bjorne Lynne is a good creepy bit of music.
lazybones
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by lazybones »

Joel, great addition to the Mausoleum. Hope it bears some more bitter fruit.
Ali, I was hooked in the low threat of the opening minute. The later raising of tone to pathos reminded me of Midnight Syndicates Vampire CD. Personally, I liked the more sparse opening with the bass and cello sounds.
Somewhere around minute nine the atmospere got sad and whistful to me. That, and the opening were slow and more minimal, and that caught my interest best. Kudos, may you find your dark muse again.
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

lazybones wrote:Joel, great addition to the Mausoleum. Hope it bears some more bitter fruit.
Ali, I was hooked in the low threat of the opening minute. The later raising of tone to pathos reminded me of Midnight Syndicates Vampire CD. Personally, I liked the more sparse opening with the bass and cello sounds.
Somewhere around minute nine the atmospere got sad and whistful to me. That, and the opening were slow and more minimal, and that caught my interest best. Kudos, may you find your dark muse again.
Hi Lazybones,

I was not expecting an opinion this much after the initial post, so I'm very happy and surprised with your post. Thank you all you say. This was a half-impromptu so if I reworked it I might change one thing or two, but overall I'm very happy with how it turned out. Unfortunately, I never did anything else comparable again.
My goal was specifically to do something that would fit Ravenloft. I was looking for sombre and scary, but I've always had more of a penchant for the melancholic, so that came out in the end as the general tone.
As for Midnight Syndicate, I don't know them yet. I have to look into them, for sure :)

Ail
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
Higginz
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Higginz »

For creepy music I don't think you can find anything creepier than avant-garde twelve tone classical music. Put on the opera Lulu by Alban Berg or Wozzek by Webern. Le Merle Noir by Messiaen is very eerie as well.
Nox
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nox »

Hi!
Someone Has some advice for gypsy song? I would like to find Something for a vistana camp
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)