PLAYER'S GUIDE TO RAVENLOFT: written submissions closed!!!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Dion of the Fraternity
Lurker Maximus
Lurker Maximus

Re: PLAYER'S GUIDE TO RAVENLOFT: written submissions closed!

Post by Dion of the Fraternity »

It's in production limbo due to lack of interest from the community in general, but all of the files are still in my portable drive.

Meanwhile, you might want to go to a current project I'm writing for White Wolf's "Vampire the Masquerade" in DriveThruRPG:
tomokaicho
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by tomokaicho »

Dion of the Fraternity wrote:It's in production limbo due to lack of interest from the community in general, but all of the files are still in my portable drive.

Meanwhile, you might want to go to a current project I'm writing for White Wolf's "Vampire the Masquerade" in DriveThruRPG:
I didn't realize WW was still producing. Is this Requiem? Masquerade? Or something different?
Dion of the Fraternity
Lurker Maximus
Lurker Maximus

It's Vampire: the Masquerade. White Wolf is very much alive, and they're releasing a 5th edition of VtM this year.
tomokaicho
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by tomokaicho »

Dion of the Fraternity wrote:It's Vampire: the Masquerade. White Wolf is very much alive, and they're releasing a 5th edition of VtM this year.
I suppose people prefer Masquerade to the dumbed-down Requiem. That said, the why of Requiem was understandable - Masquerade had a lot of baggage. WW could learn from the 'Dread Possibilities' in the Ravenloft setting. Then all kinds of potential can be introduced without it becoming baggage.
Leliel
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Leliel »

tomokaicho wrote:
Dion of the Fraternity wrote:It's Vampire: the Masquerade. White Wolf is very much alive, and they're releasing a 5th edition of VtM this year.
I suppose people prefer Masquerade to the dumbed-down Requiem. That said, the why of Requiem was understandable - Masquerade had a lot of baggage. WW could learn from the 'Dread Possibilities' in the Ravenloft setting. Then all kinds of potential can be introduced without it becoming baggage.
Having seen what they're doing from the 5th edition playtests?

I call bull. Try preferring nostalgia and name recognition over a sister company that actually gives a wererat's arse over game design.

No, I'm not a fan of nuWW at all. Try the CofD (Requiem 2nd edition and its greater universe) for actual gothic horror as opposed to 90s goggles with all heart removed.
I am The Archangel of Night.
I am the Guardian of Shadow
I am the Vindicator of the Unknown
I am..Leliel.
Dion of the Fraternity
Lurker Maximus
Lurker Maximus

Oh, okay then. Happy gaming!
Leliel
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Leliel »

Dion of the Fraternity wrote:Oh, okay then. Happy gaming!
Yeah, sorry I came off as rather vitriolic there.

It's just that, well...RPGnet got a look at the first playtest. It's not good. And it's that kind of in-your-face gore and ridiculousness that seems of someone trying to be mature, but isn't.

But I digress. I'd love to see the files myself.
I am The Archangel of Night.
I am the Guardian of Shadow
I am the Vindicator of the Unknown
I am..Leliel.
nothri
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by nothri »

I also have opinions about the pros and cons of WoD and CoD games past and present. I'd be interested in discussing them, but I feel like this is a subject that is severly off topic for this thread. Care to start a new one in the off-topic board or something similar?
I'm just a ghost in this house.