Ptolus by Monte Cook (yes it's related to RL)

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Ptolus by Monte Cook (yes it's related to RL)

Post by Jonathan Winters »

Hi,

(Just bear with me and stop reading if you are thinking of playing this in a major way.)

I was wondering if anybody else is getting Ptolus. It rates really high on my geek-o-meter. ( www.montecook.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?ptolus ) AND they are giving away free a PDF copy of the very good Player's guide to Ptolus! (And it has a cool magic ratings system!) (Just kidding!)

The reason I mention this on the RL board is because the Ptolus city is situated on the world of Praemal and it is a prison world for very chaotic evil beings: the Galchutt. Gods are still involved with the world, but anything or anyone coming from another world is trapped there. I think it might be possible to include this (or elements) into RL.

Obviously, Ptolus is more high magic, but maybe as an island or other continent newly discovered? I still have to receive the whole book, but the first (PDF) books are very good. You can have urban adventures, dungeon crawls, political games, etc. It's role and roll playing together. You just mix it up as you like!

Patrick