The Fate of S

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

The Fate of S

Post by Pamela »

Now that White Wolf has done with the Gazetteers and posts have talked about the difficulty with WotC continuing them...

...do we consider S dead/imprisoned/in hiding?
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: The Fate of S

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

Llana wrote:Now that White Wolf has done with the Gazetteers and posts have talked about the difficulty with WotC continuing them...

...do we consider S dead/imprisoned/in hiding?
She's probably still compiling the Gaz's, but we'll never see them.
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005
Lucius
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Lucius »

Even if the saga will not continue, I will mention her progress in my campaign timeline, eventually culminating with Azalin starting his plan. The research of the "Little Scholar" will have some impacts on the life of my PCs.

Maybe if the FoS someday do a expanded timeline they could add some info relating to S´s jouney.

In my campaign I`m yet to decide her fate at the end of the Gaz. I´m following the theory that says she´s one of Azalin´s clones. To be honest I´m between two opposite "ends", and if someone wants to hear more about my ideas I will be glad to tell.
Stygian Inquirer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Stygian Inquirer »

In my campaign during the ToUD, the timeline I created had an event in 762 - The body of an unidentified scholar wearing an onyx bracer was found in Immol but the cranium was severly damaged and the brain was missing. A package of notes that were on her body were seized by Vasili von Holtz.
Information seems to come my way whether by chance or by fate, but all this means, is that I have yet to find out what will kill me and why. - The Stygian Inquirer
Dion of the Fraternity
Lurker Maximus
Lurker Maximus

Post by Dion of the Fraternity »

Wouldn't she ultimately go crazy when she reaches Bluetspur?
Lucius
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Lucius »

I don´t think she will join the ranks of the mad people of the Land of Mists, probably he bracer will protect her in some way. :)

But I think that something in Bluetspur (and wll the experiences of her journey) will have a great impact on her character.

I can imagie two possible ends for her journey, both assuming that she is a clone of Azalin.

The first one is she embracing the same road of her patron and becoming a darklord maybe eternally searching for a way to recover her daughter. (and here, I remember a post in the WoTC boards, where someone suggests an idea in which S becomes a darklord of a pocket domain forever searching for something).

Anyway, S is WORKING for Azalin, so maybe she receives a payment...Azalin wants his son back, maybe he give S daughter back to her...

The other ending (which more pleases me), is also related with S being a clone of Azalin, but here, she works like a tool of the Dark Powers to torment even more Azalin. To spite in his face, showing wht would be of Azalin if he had choose the "right" way, the way of redemption.

After discovering the rules of the demiplane, S will start to recognize her erros, specially with her daughter. And finally in Bluetspur, after the God Brain play with her memories, she will realize that she must follow a new path, correcting her wrongs.

For Azalin this will bre something like : "look the way you can follow, instead of punching the edge o the knife".

In the end, Azalin can offer her daughter back, but since she is now a regenerated person, she would refuse and destroy her daughter as a way to end the suffering of the undead girl. The exact opposite of Azalin, who insists that he is right, and all he have done was for his kingdom and now he want his son back to give him a new chance.

Comments?
Undead Cabbage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: In one of Neil Gaiman's books, or at least I wish I was.

Post by Undead Cabbage »

A thought occured to me just now, wouldn't see just scry bluetspur, much like how she scried necropolis?
Lucius
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Lucius »

I don´t think so. When she studied Necropolis she was in Darkon, she knew where she was, and where to stay safe.

But in Bluetspur there will be only her, the mists, and the island. and probably she will reach the domain traveling through the mists, so will be difficult to imagine exactly where is she going before it be too late.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

I prefer the second option: of the redeemed villain. Just a matter of taste.

BTW S will probably be powerful enough and prepared when she goes to Bluetspur. Azalin is not a fool.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Hey, this might be a good idea for a netbook article! "Dread Possibilities: The Fate of S" :D

We could compile possible ideas for what happened to her, stat her out (maybe more than one version even), and provide hooks for adventures about the search for S and/or her notes-in-progress about the Core seas. Various theories about her origins and Azalin's plans for her could be included too ... heck, we could even hold a web-poll on what her actual name ought to be! :wink:
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow