Shadow Rift?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Keith Senkowski
Conspirator
Conspirator

Shadow Rift?

Post by Keith Senkowski »

So we agreed that the main bad guys in the game I am running tomorrow is going to be unseelie style fey guys. I don't have the Shadow Rift book (on its way from eBay), so I am wondering what you folks can tell me about them.

Keith
[url=http://www.bobgoat.com/conspiracy/]Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition[/url]
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel
Jasper
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jasper »

Top five things about unseele fey-

1. Can't feel true emotion. Love, hate, anger are all forign to them
2. Can not truely die. If killed will reform in 100 years.
3. Facinated with death. As they are functionaly imortal they cann't understand what it means to die forever
4. Are facinated by art and music.
5. Will turn those they find interesting or perticularaly talented into imortal slave like changlings
6. Thier form is dictated by thier intrests and they can change form over the years if intrests change. EX: A redcap can become a sith over time if its intrests change from killing to death
7. Sunlight kills them
8. They have strange laws. Ex: One limb taken for every limb choped off of a tree owned by a Alven.
9. Can mate with humans but no love is ever truly present.
10. Time moves much faster in the shadowrift so one day out side is like a week in the rift.
"Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish it's source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings."
Anais Nin
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

For 3E VanRichten's Guide to the Shadow Fey is a wonderful source of information on both the seelie and unseelie. Gazetteer V has some nice Shadow Rift information as well.

Other than that, Jasper covered the basics.