USS Fonts...help!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
DamienJ
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

USS Fonts...help!

Post by DamienJ »

For the more techinically adept out there...I've been trying to d/l the USS fonts package, but every time I extract the files to my C:Windowsfonts file, it tells me that they are currently in use by Windows, and I'll just have to wait until they're no longer in use to put them in the file. Alternately, when I try to directly unzip the zipped font files to my C:Windowsfonts, it tells me that each font file is password protected. Can someone explain this? :Brain:
"Listen to them, children of the night! What music they make."
- Bram Stoker, [u]Dracula[/u]
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Nope.

I'd check to make sure the downloader used to get the fonts isn't still open. Or a second instance of the unzipper. Or perhaps copying the file there and opening them directly in the windows font folder.
Either way a reboot prior to unzipping should work. By this time you've probably already done that.

The passwords... no clue.
Kel-nage
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Kel-nage »

Installing fonts on Windows can be "fun" sometimes. Generally, what I do is unzip the fonts into a seperate folder (on the desktop or in your My Documents), then open up C:WINDOWSFonts and copy the files over that way. Windows seems to prefer that.
DamienJ
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by DamienJ »

Thanks...being the brilliant person I am, I didn't realize that I needed to log in as the administrator just to upload some fonts. :oops:
"Listen to them, children of the night! What music they make."
- Bram Stoker, [u]Dracula[/u]