Merry Christmas to you all

Discussing all things Ravenloft
AdamGarou
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by AdamGarou »

monty-- wrote:I absolutely cannot stand political correctness! The thread says Merry Christmas so it sticks with Merry Xmas. Not Ramadan, not bloody whatever. Do christians become insulted over people wishing happy Ramadan or whatever?

Merry Xmas!!!
For my part, no, we don't. I get more offended by everyone bending over backwards either looking to be offended themselves or to not offend others. I'm a Christian, so I wish others "Merry Christmas" this time of year. If I know someone personally who's Jewish (and I do have a couple of friends from college who are), I wish them a Happy Hannukah.

And, I've never actually met anyone who told me they were offended when I wished them a "Merry Christmas". Funny how that works out.
“I let out a battle cry. Sure, a lot of people might have mistaken it for a sudden yelp of unmanly fear, but trust me. It was a battle cry.”
― Harry Dresden
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

I haven't login on Christmas so I wish Happy New Year!
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Have a very:

a) Merry Christmas!
b) Happy Hanukkah!
c) Respectful Ramadan!
d) Krazy Kwanza!
e) Celebratory Solstice!
f) Wild Winter Veil!
g) Mind-blowing Thanksmasoween!
h) Crushing Consumethon

So what did everyone get? I made out like a bandit (divorced-n-remarried parents plus stable GF equals three families and three sets of gifts). Of course, I also dropped somewhere between $500 and $700 on gifts. Pretty much wiped out my savings.
Boccaccio Barbarossa
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Boccaccio Barbarossa »

too much stuff to list... Highlights include:

* An espresso machine (useless but MAN is it GREAT!)
* new winter jacket and some leather gloves
* Great shoes (which never happens - shoes are hard to shop for)
* more bookshelves (can't get enough of those bookshelves - gotta clear the desks...)
* A new CPU, motherboard, harddrive...

And many other assorted kitchen appliances... A good haul! :lol:
Barbarossa Vineyards - Fine Brandies. The choice of true connaisseurs. (Located an hour's ride outside of Karina.)

A loose collection of writings about our (sometimes) ongoing campaign. http://ravenloft.inoveryourhead.net/
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JinnTolser »

I got a new amp for my guitar (so now my neighbors can hear how bad I am :D), a couple DVDs, a couple hundred dollars' worth of weapons bought thru a martial arts catalog (I can't use most of em, but a naginata makes a GREAT decoration!), and TWO of those awesome giant popcorn tins.