The Circle?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
taintedsoul
Conspirator
Conspirator

The Circle?

Post by taintedsoul »

I am looking for the D20 info for The Circle (The Shadowborn secret society). Can someone point me to where the info is?

TIA
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

Hmm, in 3E, all I can recall is the writeup of the Knight of the Shadows PrC from Van Richten's Arsenal. In 2E, there was the same thing as a kit in Champions of the Mists, plus of course what you might get from 'A Light in the Belfrey'.
I only wish I had retired sooner!
taintedsoul
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by taintedsoul »

Catman Jim wrote:Hmm, in 3E, all I can recall is the writeup of the Knight of the Shadows PrC from Van Richten's Arsenal. In 2E, there was the same thing as a kit in Champions of the Mists, plus of course what you might get from 'A Light in the Belfrey'.
Thanks! I knew that I saw something somewhere!
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

There's some interesting fiction in on eof the netbooks methinks. Or was it a campaign journal? Im not sure... You might want to check the List of Fan Material in the Wine Cellar.

ED'IT: Checked the list myself. Nothing. So it probably was from one of the Campaign Journals in the SMoking Room. But i don't recall which one...
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

It's the framing fiction for the book of Shadows that you're thinking of, Giamarga. Canon info on the Circle is few and far between, sadly.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Boccaccio Barbarossa
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Boccaccio Barbarossa »

I had made a character that was amember of the circle a little ways back and I was working on something to the effect of a history of it... It was part in-game journal (written by my now-retired PC) and part history.

It may be a little dated by now, but lemme see if I can find it...

Yep. I still have it... I could make what I have of it available somehow, if you want. (And, by that token, someone mentioned an NPC ebook that's in the works somewhare, so maybe it's not a bad idea to write up the narrator/writer as an NPC?)

For that matter, was there not a LotB 2 in the works somewhere? (Or maybe that's just a project me and Jason Am(brus) were working on?...
Barbarossa Vineyards - Fine Brandies. The choice of true connaisseurs. (Located an hour's ride outside of Karina.)

A loose collection of writings about our (sometimes) ongoing campaign. http://ravenloft.inoveryourhead.net/
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

There is also a small entry in Domains of Dread. Though 2nd Ed, I think it has no stats and is essentially reusable, but is small.

Ail
Don Fernando
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Don Fernando »

Just information related to the Shadowborn family, not the cirlce per se (I think every bit of information helps..). there is an adventure from Dungeon Magazine. I can't recall the name. It came out right after The Price of Vengeance (also another adventure in Dungeon Mag)

There the story of Lady Kateri Shadowborn, Ebonbane and the Shadowborn Manor.

mmm.... I will find the name.. :oops:
"6 out of 10 Rakshasas eat Whiskas"
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

I have that adventure. It was available, iirc, from the old Kargatane site.
Bane of the Shadowborn, I believe.

You could always try to read the novel if you want history on the whole surrounding. I liked it, but many people in the Kargatane boards seemed to find it more fantasy than horror.
Boccaccio Barbarossa
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Boccaccio Barbarossa »

Ail wrote:I have that adventure. It was available, iirc, from the old Kargatane site.
Bane of the Shadowborn, I believe.

You could always try to read the novel if you want history on the whole surrounding. I liked it, but many people in the Kargatane boards seemed to find it more fantasy than horror.
As for the novel... I just think it's a mediocre book at BEST. Not that entertaining and VERY trite.

But, nevertheless, it mught help you figure out some stuff for your game.
Barbarossa Vineyards - Fine Brandies. The choice of true connaisseurs. (Located an hour's ride outside of Karina.)

A loose collection of writings about our (sometimes) ongoing campaign. http://ravenloft.inoveryourhead.net/
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Issue #31 Volume VI, Number 1 (September/October 1991)

BANE OF THE SHADOWBORN* AD&D RAVENLOFT adventure, 4-6 characters of levels 6-9
Written by: William W. Connors
Artwork by: Robin Wood Demiplane of Dread 21 pages
Description: Characters find themselves trapped in a Ravenloft domain ruled by an evil, intelligent sword.
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

It was available as a free download on the Kargatane site; I still have it, but don't believe it would be legal to post it now unless the FoS got permission to host it.
I only wish I had retired sooner!
taintedsoul
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by taintedsoul »

Thanks guys. I will take what I can. You all have been a lot of help with this. As for the offer for the info from your games, I would like that a lot!