Alex's Campaign

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Alex's Campaign

Post by Ail »

Hi folks,

I'd like to invite you to read my own campaign journals, which are beginning to be available in the Smoking Room.

I can tell you we have played 34 sessions already, most of them 2 hours long at most, so they're relatively short. However, you'll notice that I like to write a lot and I like to write a lot of words, so the logs may be lengthier than expected. Perhaps they are a bit different from norm, in that there is a lot of character dialogue, description and in general an attempt to make a cross between fan-fiction and a campaign journal. I'd like to know if you like it like that.

As for the logs themselves, I have them all written from session 15 to 33 and from session 0 to 4. I'm trying to write the missing ones as fast as I can, and I expect to write the one for session 34 before next Saturday. I hope to put them gradually online here, and at a steady rhythm, so that you can follow the story regularly.

I should warn you that the adventures begins in my homebrew domain, but they are currently in Krezk, Barovia. To give you a teaser, I'll tell you the gist of what happened yesterday:
  • - the PCs witnessed a conflict between a group of Gundarakite rebels and Balok natives. They managed to rescue the rebeles but one of them killed a militia guard and had to flee with the Gundarakites. Howver, their aim seems to be to infiltrate the rebels and betray them later (they are currently on a comission from Strahd von Zarovich in person)
    - they found in awe that a certain Ba'al Verzi dagger that was once in their hands is now being searched by the Red Vardo Traders for 100 000gp. This was used to murder the burgomaster of Barovia village. Actually, who did it was his own daughter who is now a member of the party...
    - they heard that Ivan Szimin had been killed in the region where they're going to and that a lot of fires have sprung around his mansion in the days following.
    - they watched a young woman fully equipped and carrying a short spear come out of the Sanctuary of First Light at night and heading boldly and with determination to the nearby forests.
Also, on the session before this one, another NPC who is now separated from the main group turned into a werewolf for the first time as he was trying to flee with a girl (NPC) from a house where they both had been tortured... There was some affection growing between the two.

So, that's the current point. To know of what will come, and to know how the players reached this, you just have to read the journals. :D

I do hope you enjoy them. I at least am having a great pleasure in writing them.

Alex Miranda
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Hi,

this is just to announce that sessions 2 and 3 are also online here at The Varanda of the Maison Soulombre, although they are missing the DM's comments. But I think I have them written somewhere so they should come up eventually too ;-)

In session two, the heroes have their first contact with the supernatural and in session three, Gregor finds he has some spiritual problem, while the whole group goes into research mode following several leads to solve the haunting.

Alex
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Hi all,

sessions 4 to 6 are now available, along also with the Dm's comments for sessions 2 and 3.

Alex