Question about Carnival

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Bluebomber4evr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Question about Carnival

Post by Bluebomber4evr »

Are the adventures at the back of Carnival considered to have already happened in the current Ravenloft canon? In particular, Professor Pacali's master plan in "The Curtain Falls"?

I know I can just ignore it/change canon if I see fit to, but I'm just wondering if they're "officially" supposed to have happened by now or are just an outline of the future's possibilities.
Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002.
Ravenloft: Prisoners of the Mist Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights: www.nwnravenloft.com
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

The only 3e reference to Carnival is sadly, CoD, and it's barely 2 pages. It doesn't mention any of the events in The Curtain Falls, but then it doesn't mention Pacali either. Considering that pretty much all the published modules have been incorporated in some way in the timeline, I'd assume this would be no different. But it's inconclusive.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
The Pickled Punk
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by The Pickled Punk »

I don't know whether the ending is canon or not, it depends on whether or not you want to use Pacali and the Freak Show or not. If so just modify the ending so that Pacali escapes, vowing revenge on Isolde.
The Kosher Pickled Punk of the Carnival