EVERLASTING SORROW. A PALADIN IN RAVENLOFT?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Augustus
Paladin
Paladin

Post by Augustus »

I only think that rping paladins is hard in RL because they are so much more susceptible to manipulation because of their predictable nature. If a paladin in RL doesn't fully investigate a situation before they do something, they could simply be acting as a pawn for a greater evil. Not to mention that they sometimes stick out like a sore thumb and happen to be anathema to the demiplane itself:)
Boccaccio Barbarossa
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Boccaccio Barbarossa »

MatthiasStormcrow wrote:
having said this, it would be unlikely that a "paladin/rogue" character would pop up in my mind as the perfect expression of any character I would be likely to think up...
Can't say the same, personally. A redeemed ex-pirate, Captain Cortez, Rog8/Pal19:
http://madstepdad.proboards24.com/index ... 1097083521
Oh, don't get me wrong - a can DEFINITELY come up with some REALLY good characters on that concept. What I just meant to say (and I relalize now it was not entirely clear) was that , I mayself, the type of person that I am, would be more likely to come up with a cool Pal/Rog concept if I were thinking about the question "what type of character do I want to play" from the standpoint of rules and classes than from just concepts.

If you read my previous ost I mention just what you werre saying about the skill points - hte best LG rogue I mad had mostly info-gathering skills, not sleight of hand "I'm a thief" skill. he was the ultimate suble scout, able to find out just about anything by spending a day or two in any given town. And, being able to hind and plan ambushes with extra dice of damage was a nice little benefit. So was sneak attacking with a dwarven waraxe. :wink:

Mind you, saying that now, and somewhat prompted by your post, it occurs to me that ONE great paladin/rogue concept might be Santa Claus! :shock: But really! he breaks into people's houses and instead of making away with everything in there, he leaves a bunch of stuff behind. (I'm kidding but at the same time... )

But yeah - I'
m sure the day will come where I make it happen. :)
Barbarossa Vineyards - Fine Brandies. The choice of true connaisseurs. (Located an hour's ride outside of Karina.)

A loose collection of writings about our (sometimes) ongoing campaign. http://ravenloft.inoveryourhead.net/
Augustus
Paladin
Paladin

Post by Augustus »

Santa sneak attacks Johnny for 2d6+4 damage!
Boccaccio Barbarossa
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Boccaccio Barbarossa »

Augustus wrote:Santa sneak attacks Johnny for 2d6+4 damage!
Have you ever seen Invader Zim? It's a great cartoon. see if you can get your hands on the Christmas special. You will DIE laughing. Trust me - 2d6+4 damage from Santa will seem like nothing. :twisted:
Barbarossa Vineyards - Fine Brandies. The choice of true connaisseurs. (Located an hour's ride outside of Karina.)

A loose collection of writings about our (sometimes) ongoing campaign. http://ravenloft.inoveryourhead.net/