Comics and Graphic Novels

Discussing all things Ravenloft
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

Indeed,

But somehow, you just have to fit in the nazis. Hellboy is just not complete without some nazis using radios made from human heads to contact Cuthulhu
Evil Reigns!!!!
Ivana_Boritsi
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Ivana_Boritsi »

Nazis? Nazis are easy.

How about....

Disciples of Hazlik, trying to contact a "power beyond the Mists"?

Or, a small cadre of war wizards under the command of Vlad Drakov?

Or, a group of Kargat, trying to open a portal to a lower realm?

Or, a mad wizard, trying to merge the domain he lives in with Bluetspur?
Now I know, now I can divine. The reign of man is over, and He has come....

-Guy De Maupassant
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Ivana_Boritsi wrote:Nazis? Nazis are easy.

How about....

...Those are some cool ideas, I think it would be really cool to run a campaign slightly based on the BPRD. I would have the party do their normal investigation into the paranormal and such, but have an overlying campaign theme of one of these enemy organizations attempting to bring about some horrible event(possibly a group of ex kargat/doomsday fanatasists trying to begin the Time of Unparalled Darkness, or something maybe less drastice depending on your intentions).
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Hello Ivana!

Post by Jonathan Winters »

Ivana_Boritsi Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:43 pm Post subject:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nazis? Nazis are easy.
How about....

Those are all very good ideas! But, if you ever read Hellboy (and I mean no disrespect to anybody here!!!!!!!!!), you will see that Nazis are fun as antagonists.

About Hellboy, you can use the Ogdru-Jahad (I forget how to spell this) as Gwydion if you want. It makes for as good "Save the universe" plot.

You have cybernetic gorillas: Use Lamordia for this.

Some of the main characters can be used as Calibans...

I gotta go.

Please do yourself a favor, read Hellboy. It is not brillant(except for the art maybe), but it is so much fun!!

Patrick
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Joël of the Fraternity wrote:
Joël of the Fraternity wrote:The Living and the Dead TP - this one is warped and really gave me the creeps... Dr Frankenstein wants to forget his mistakes of the past. however, a rich woman wants to give enough funds for a new hospital should he accept to put her dying son in a new body... I'll stop there not to give spoilers. It is really creepy, believe me.
My comic hunter made a mistake and bought another copy of this one for me. Instead of having him stuck with it (he's a cool guy), I bought it with the following idea in mind:

Since there are many comic lovers in here, I will send a copy of this book in a random draw betwen those who sent a comic review until Xmas.

One review gives you one chance to get this exquisite comic book. Two reviews will get two chances and so on :)

Send your comic reviews at joel@FraternityOfShadows.com !

Also, if you can: if you have a scanner, please send a few pics of the cover and inside art, or send me a link to online pictures of the comics you are reviewing.

Good luck!

Joël
One week to go :)
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Joël of the FoS

After a long process of finding the winner, supervised by the accounting firm Paquin & Daughters (I made the list, my daughter rolled the dice to find the winner), we are happy to announce the winner of The Living and the Dead TP is:

Patrick Plouffe (aka Jonathan Winters).

Congrat!

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jonathan Winters »

Well I would like to thank God and the academy!

Er... I mean...

Seriously.

Thank you! Very much!

I HONESTLY never win anything! That is very cool (not that you want to hear this but) since my family and me are on a much tighter budget this year. No tears or anything, we just made some life decisions. We are very happy and cannot complain!

Again, thank you Joël!

And I will try to update the review section in 2006 on a regular basis (that's one of my resolutions).

Merry Christmas, Hannukah and everything else which brings peace and happiness!

Patrick

PS: I had heard some pretty good things already about this book, now you know I will have to get the other trades down the line... That really was your evil plan all along wasn't it? Ha! Ha!
(My girlfriend will be so happy... Oy!)
Joël of the FoS

Jonathan Winters wrote:And I will try to update the review section in 2006 on a regular basis (that's one of my resolutions).
That is an excellent resolution :) This site will continue to grow with fan input!

Joël