My Campaign

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Kel-nage
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

My Campaign

Post by Kel-nage »

Yay! My campaign has finally got off to a start. And a good one it was too. The beginning wasn't brilliant, my players were joking about a bit too much for the game to be serious. But once I got the first horror check in... well, they didn't crack another joke all night :twisted:

Basically, I am playing through the "Last Dance" adventure from Dungeon, with a few minor modifications (and of course converted into 3rd edition). My players got about halfway though in their first session, which I was quite impressed by. Haven't had the "turning point" yet though...

Thanks for all the advice I've received on these boards, they've been a load of help. I hope to find time soon to write up the campaign logs, so I'll let you all know when they are ready. I must admit, for the first time ever as a DM, I really enjoyed DMing, here's to many more years of DMing Ravenloft!

And a last final congratulations to the FoS! You managed to scare just a few of us at least with that trick on the boards last night and a great treat too :D
Augustus
Paladin
Paladin

Post by Augustus »

hope your campaign goes well for you. I have my characters frightened of the mists and night already. I can't wait until they learn the hard way that it is better to know ones enemy before initiating battle than to attack blindly:)
Undead Cabbage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: In one of Neil Gaiman's books, or at least I wish I was.

Post by Undead Cabbage »

ay! My campaign has finally got off to a start. And a good one it was too. The beginning wasn't brilliant, my players were joking about a bit too much for the game to be serious. But once I got the first horror check in... well, they didn't crack another joke all night Twisted Evil
Stygian gave me some good advice on this last night. Remember, humor isn't bad. It just depends on the type of humor. Dry, macabre humor works. But as soon as a player startings saying 'yo, what's up dawg, shiznig, it's the apocalypse' in the middle of Mordent, you exorcize him.