Kel's Campaign - Knowledge (the planes)?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Kel-nage
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Kel's Campaign - Knowledge (the planes)?

Post by Kel-nage »

One of my players in my campaign is interested in gaining levels as a Vampire Hunter PrC. However, the first requirement I see for that is that you need at least 5 ranks in Knowledge (the planes). I had a look through the PHB and it wasn't very helpful on what players need to do to go about gaining the skill.

So, how do you in your campaigns let your players learn about the planes? Do I have to get them to break in Azalin's personal library? Are they rushing into the PrC too early (the campaign hasn't even started and by the time they've finished what I've planned so far, they'll only be level 5-6)?

Any hep welcome.

Kel-nage
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Kel's Campaign - Knowledge (the planes)?

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

Kel-nage wrote:One of my players in my campaign is interested in gaining levels as a Vampire Hunter PrC. However, the first requirement I see for that is that you need at least 5 ranks in Knowledge (the planes). I had a look through the PHB and it wasn't very helpful on what players need to do to go about gaining the skill.

So, how do you in your campaigns let your players learn about the planes? Do I have to get them to break in Azalin's personal library? Are they rushing into the PrC too early (the campaign hasn't even started and by the time they've finished what I've planned so far, they'll only be level 5-6)?

Any hep welcome.

Kel-nage
Personally I'd change it to 5 ranks in Knowledge (Monster Lore [Undead]). It was an incredibly stupid idea to remove Monster Lore checks in the RLPHB.
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005