Questions about the NWN Ravenloft

Discussing all things Ravenloft
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

I'm Clapping my tentacles in excitement!

You said vistani, you said mood, you said Vallaki large town.

Details please! ! !

PS. Do you think it is easy to find somebody in a town of 2000 people? Don't be fooled by NWN towns! A village should take some maps.
On average there should be 1 building for every 4-5 people. So there should be 400 - 500 buildings in Vallaki!
I'm glad that the realism is so high there. I always had a gripe for this in the modules I have seen.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Fido
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Fido »

Hhm. There aren't many people online sometimes and then it's really difficult to find other characters in such a huge town.

Especially if you're new and don't know the lay-out...

In the beginning of the module, you see your character walking through a misty forest and it ends up in a Vistani caravan where the raunie reads you the Tarokka deck.

Just outside of town you see the church of the Morninglord and in town there's a huge road. The Old Svalich Road.

It's wonderful...
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

:shock: Amazing!

More, more, more! ! !

pleaaaasee!

PS. Is it obvious that I'll join ASAP yet?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
Scipion_Emilien
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Scipion_Emilien »

Personnally, i found that your name gallery is really complete, where do you get all those name and surname?
Bluebomber4evr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Bluebomber4evr »

Scipion_Emilien wrote:Personnally, i found that your name gallery is really complete, where do you get all those name and surname?
I started with the lists in the Gazetteers, then went to these sites to complete them:

http://www.gaminggeeks.org/Resources/KateMonk/index.htm

http://www.behindthename.com/

http://www.namenerds.com/

:D
Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002.
Ravenloft: Prisoners of the Mist Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights: www.nwnravenloft.com
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

I'll have you know that I am finally rebuilding my PC just so I can play this game. The screen shots look outstanding.
Scipion_Emilien
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Thanx for the sites, they seem to be great resources that I will no doubt use.

And for the half-vistani ethnies, how do you deal them mechanically? Are they only human, or you have build a half-vistani stat?
Scipion_Emilien
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

I repeat that here for ease of reference (im showing this thread to a friend that have questions about the server)
Bluebomber4evr wrote:
alhoon wrote:When do you plan to open up?
Next weekend, just in time for Halloween. :D
alhoon wrote:What levels can be accepted?
It's a server vault only. You have to create a character specifically for the server. After character creation, you are given 1 level before entering the server proper, so you start out at level 2. Maximum level on the server is 20, as anything higher than that is just too much for Ravenloft.
alhoon wrote:Details, details, details!
- Domains covered
The server is set entirely in Barovia. The areas available for this beta will be Vallaki, the countryside east all the way up to the Svalich Pass, and the countryside all the way north to the foot of Mt. Baratak. Later updates will include Mt. Baratak itself, Castle Ravenloft, and the Village of Barovia.
alhoon wrote:- NPCs covered
Way too many to list here, but how's this for a sample: Strahd, Inajira, Jander, the Gentleman Caller, Lyssa von Zarovich, and the Weathermay Twins, to name just a few. ;) As this is a persistent world, NPCs will come and go as needed by the DMs.
alhoon wrote: - Ravenloft monsters covered
As with the NPCs, way too many to list here. I did my best to create as many monsters as I could within the limitations of the NWN engine. We were able to create a few custom models exclusive to our server for a few fan favorites, such as gremishka, carrion stalkers, and wolfweres. For a sneak preview of our custom models, Click here
alhoon wrote: - Adventures
Since this is a persistent world, the adventures aren't scripted. You can make your own by joining other players, and live DMs will often have their own events as well.
alhoon wrote: - Equipment (Firearms, those poisons, herbs etc in the Gazs)
No firearms yet, but they may show up in a future update. As for the herbs/poisons, we're planning on adding a custom crafting system in the future which will make use of these, but it isn't available yet.

If you want more info, check our website at: www.nwnravenloft.com
Bluebomber4evr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Bluebomber4evr »

Scipion_Emilien wrote:Thanx for the sites, they seem to be great resources that I will no doubt use.

And for the half-vistani ethnies, how do you deal them mechanically? Are they only human, or you have build a half-vistani stat?
Basically, we plan on having it like this:

You make a human character, and in the sub-race field you type in the variety of half-vistani you want to be. So if, for example, you wanted a half-naiat character, you'd type "half-Vistani, Naiat" OR "half-naiat" in the subrace field. Then, when you enter the module for the first time, the proper stat adjustments would be applied to your character. I don't beleive this has been implemented fully just yet, but that's how it should work when it is implemented. :D
Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002.
Ravenloft: Prisoners of the Mist Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights: www.nwnravenloft.com
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Still not able to play. :cry: I'll try again in wednesday.
My DMGuild work!
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

What's stopping you alhoon?
I had trouble for a couple days before I found out I didn't have the CEP patch properly installed. If I'd asked someone I might have been playing alot sooner.

As it is I picked an awkward class and spent much of my time dead or useless ...