Halloween 2006

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Guardian of Twilight »

The result isn't always "roll a new character". What I meant about bad rolls was on their part, not mine. I always try to keep a game fair and the players always know that they can trust me to keep things so. As far as "fudging" a few rolls, what DM hasn't? I also always try to come up with inventive things for the characters to experience whether actual physical encounters, or those of the mind. I also believe that bad rolls on my part can also cause for quite the memorable situation. And result of failure as I said doesn't always mean character death. Sometimes a failure can do a lot for character development. The reason that they died in one campaign was they refused to look for the vampires certain weakness which I tried to demonstrate through roleplaying. They just took it to be a "normal" vampire and paid the price for it. They also learned that investigation is the way to keep your character alive.
JhudoraDarkraven
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by JhudoraDarkraven »

Playing NERO Halloween weekend then party on Halloween. =)

~J
Won't come in from the rain...
She's ocean's running down the drain...
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JinnTolser »

My Ravenloft campaign has been on hiatus for months because certain players just couldn't get their schedules lined up.

However, if everything works out, I will be closing out my Ravenloft campaign (which started in July 2002) on the 30th. :D
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

I know what it is like having a campaign up in the air due to player schedules. My own group hasn't been able to get together due to work and college for somewhere near to 4 months. We are all looking forward to getting together again and venturing once more into the unknown. Wait a minute, wasn't that almost a reference to the title of an old AD&D module? Whoa, I think I need to get out more. :wink:
Last edited by Guardian of Twilight on Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Charney wrote:My player's don't care it seems which is quite sad for me :(. With the lost of my campaign logs cause of that Virus (I did save my non RL campaigns logs at least, tx to Ultramyth), the apparent "we don't care about those logs" from my players and the fact they don't answer my emails, Ravenloft is but a bitter taste in my mouth lately. Almost makes me want to sale away all my stuff :cry: So nothing for Halloween (like if they even cared about where that day comes from)
:( That's sad, but don't worry, really - that's what players are like. Letting you pressure them until they *consider to do you a favour* by sitting at your gaming table, but then, after hours of play, telling you that they want to go on because it's so great... :roll: The worst thing about DMing a campaign is to have to beg for everyone to take his time... :evil: Really ennerving...
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Won't be able to do it on Halloween since some players are out of town, but we will be playing the week after. Unfinished business from last session.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Question for all those running halloween games...

how do you handle this:

"You slowly open the door. cobwebs shred from the pressure and motes of dust swirl through the room. The only sound is your own heartbeat, as in the darkness of the chamber you can make out the rotting form of--"

DING-DONG!
"TRICK OR TREAT!!!!!"

?

As atmospheric as the night might be, it's a bit... hectic, no?
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

That, my friend, is why God invented steel bear traps!
Best of all, you only need to trap one of the buggers and the rest are mysteriously warned off.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Well, my campaign has been moved up to Saturday, and I am looking forward to running a wonderful campaign in the Land of Mists. Here is hoping that the rest of you have a wonderful gaming experience this Halloween as well. :)
Le Noir Faineant

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

I'll run my gam eon Saturday as well... With kids of about 11 years of age... So very few RL, and a lot of *My little Pony*... :roll:

But really, the kids won't sleep if I just guide them through the Blackfeather Inn or the Wolfwood... :twisted: Maybe I won't care...
Bluebomber4evr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Bluebomber4evr »

ScS of the Fraternity wrote:That, my friend, is why God invented steel bear traps!
Best of all, you only need to trap one of the buggers and the rest are mysteriously warned off.
God invented them? I had always assumed it was just, you know, some dude. Some dude that hunted bears.

*cough*
<_<
>_>

Anyways, I'll be online as a DM for the NWN Ravenloft server that I helped to build. It will be our first weekend opening up to the public. :D
Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002.
Ravenloft: Prisoners of the Mist Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights: www.nwnravenloft.com
Undead Cabbage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: In one of Neil Gaiman's books, or at least I wish I was.

Post by Undead Cabbage »

The only time I can do it is the day before Halloween. In the monday, however I will be dressed up, I'll also have a rediculously long day of lectures (hurray for Science programs and their abilities to kill ones social life :cry: ).

This sunday will be this groups 3rd session game in Ravenloft. They're a group of outlanders originally from Faerun (albeit, this is hardly a 'week in hell' campaign, I don't intend on letting them back, unknowst to them).

Typical Faerunian players gives such funny facial expressions when they realize that silver doesn't work against every type of Lycantropy :twisted: .
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

gonzoron wrote:Question for all those running halloween games...

how do you handle this:

"You slowly open the door. cobwebs shred from the pressure and motes of dust swirl through the room. The only sound is your own heartbeat, as in the darkness of the chamber you can make out the rotting form of--"

DING-DONG!
"TRICK OR TREAT!!!!!"

?

As atmospheric as the night might be, it's a bit... hectic, no?
You could turn the doorbell off and play in a room where you can't hear someone knocking on the door.
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

@ gonzoron: follow the age-old tradition of turning off the outdoor lights and any lights visible from the street....:P
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Unfortunatly I won't be playing for some time, since one of my three players up and decided to get his wife all pregnant(JK)
So in the mean time untill we can get him some free time to continue our game I will be running my old heroes unlimited game with my two remaining players.
Poo says I.