FoS Trivia Challenge 2005

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

gonzoron wrote:
Desdichado wrote:Not that it was too hard for me, but I just can't afford the time for more intense researches and I don't want to *cheat* by getting all the info via the web!
That's not cheating. Some of the answers can ONLY be found the web. :)
I am pretty sure with enough forum-browsing I'd found out 90 % of what I didn't know at the instant... And I am not THAT of a RL n00b that I would need so much help... Still, it hurts my sense of honour to patch together the answers of the questions I didn't know at the instant... :wink:

:cry: Also, I had already preordered HoH a day before, and my *FLGS* didn't accept my cancellation...

*I pretend very convincingly that I would have won the contest with no real effort, do I? :wink: *
Charney
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Charney »

Mmm, hope my computer will be fixed on time cause it's hard to answer when you're on the internet at the library and your books are back home... Still, I got a few weeks!
De retour dans les Brumes, enfin!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Desdichado wrote:I am pretty sure with enough forum-browsing I'd found out 90 % of what I didn't know at the instant...
I doubt it. trust me, I tried. :) Most of this stuff you just have to know where to look. If you don't, forget it. ASKing for help, yeah that would be cheating I think. But searching for what's out there, that's fair game in my book. no that it helped much. :)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Le Noir Faineant

gonzoron wrote:
Desdichado wrote:I am pretty sure with enough forum-browsing I'd found out 90 % of what I didn't know at the instant...
I doubt it. trust me, I tried. :) Most of this stuff you just have to know where to look. If you don't, forget it. ASKing for help, yeah that would be cheating I think. But searching for what's out there, that's fair game in my book. no that it helped much. :)
:lol:

I tried searching specifically on message boards and voila! I found most of the less common stuff... Was still some good hours of work, so I quit... Hadn't really thought of posting threads like *Can you help me with question 73. ?* ... But hey... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

No, really. :wink:

But via Google, vivisimo, and alltheweb, I got most of what I would have needed to know... :Brain:
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Hmmm. Well, consider me surpised. I guess my searching skills aren't what I thought they were. In any case, If someone's got those skills and wins, I don't begrudge them. It's a digital world, and digging through the internet's no easier than digging through books sometimes.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

gonzoron wrote:ASKing for help, yeah that would be cheating I think.
Technically, it would be cheating. However, having a thread where everyone can view the answers cheats the contestant(s) more than us. I would recommend some good, old-fashioned hard work...

Desdichado wrote:But via Google, vivisimo, and alltheweb, I got most of what I would have needed to know...
Just be careful using this method, though. Not every source out on the internet actually contains correct information. :x
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
Le Noir Faineant

Aaaah... Shoudl have guessed that zelldrow usually don't worship Strahd von Zarovich... :D
Last edited by Le Noir Faineant on Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DeepShadow of FoS »

For number 32, do you mean Dr. Anthony Rutland?

If so, no offense, but could someone else double-check your spelling on the rest? I'd like to know if I'm searching all day and night for the right terms, please. :?
The Avariel has borrowed wings,
The Puppeteer must cut the strings
The Orphan Queen must take the throne
The Queen of Orphans calls them home
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

DeepShadow wrote:For number 32, do you mean Dr. Anthony Rutland?
No, I meant what I wrote. The name is Reuland (not Rutland)...

DeepShadow wrote:If so, no offense, but could someone else double-check your spelling on the rest?
Well, both Joel and I compiled the list of questions. Therefore, between different languages and communications, some errors might have initially been made. However, each of the questions have been double-checked by more than one other person, which surprises me that the link typo slipped through for #73.

As for the rest of the questions, they should be correct in both spelling and content. If you still have doubts about a particular question, however, you can ask for further clarification here. We won't give answers or clues, but nobody will be penalized due to a technical error (e.g. such as a question not being copied into the list).
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

DeepShadow wrote:For number 32, do you mean Dr. Anthony Rutland?
I found that one first too, while I was looking for the other, but eventually I did find 'Dr. Reuland'. 8)
I only wish I had retired sooner!
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Notice: I will be out of town for the next three days (returning on Tuesday, October 18th). During this time, I will have minimal to no internet access. Those of you participating in the contest are more than welcome to submit your answers, however, I will not be able to confirm receiving them until I return. 8)

Jason
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Only nine days left... 8)
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

We've had a few submissions so far, but there are still chances to walk away the winner of this contest. If you are planning on sending in your answers, then don't forget that they are due this next Wednesday.

Only three days left... :?
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

Jason of the Fraternity wrote:The Challenge
7. What is the distance you have to swim to get to Adam's lair?
Are you looking for a distance in miles and yards or the name of the body of water? :?:
Do us a favor Luv, Stick yer 'ead in a bucket a kick it!

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Manofevil wrote:
Jason of the Fraternity wrote:The Challenge
7. What is the distance you have to swim to get to Adam's lair?
Are you looking for a distance in miles and yards or the name of the body of water? :?:
The measurable distance in whatever unit you can find :twisted:

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)