FoS Trivia Challenge 2005

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

Catman Jim wrote:Looks like I just missed 4 of them; I apparently reversed my answers to #31 & 32 while typing, I have a different interpretation to the answer to #45, and I kick myself for getting #74 wrong, I totally forgot the Golden Claw Massacre.
You only missed 3 answers (since your interpretation was close enough on #45 to be correct), and I didn't penalize anyone for misspelling unless it was completely illegible. You did reverse #31 & #32, which I didn't accept despite it being more of a technical error. Still very impressive, since you really only missed #74.

On a side note, I believe that Deepshadow and brothersale were the only two to actually answer #74 correctly.

Brandi wrote:I'm oddly glad you accepted the Green Man answer; curiously, I thought of that first and somehow didn't even think to search through the QtR issues for another possibility.
I tried to be as fair as possible when reading through everyone's answers. If I found something that seemed reasonable, then I would double-check it (and add it if appropriate). It only came up for a couple questions, but it might have made a difference for a few people. As I stated before, it was a close competition...

Brandi wrote:It also looks like you used my page citations in your answer post.
Actually, I had some citations for the answers listed for my personal reference. However, I really liked your attention to detail (such as including sources and pages numbers) that I included them above. I figured that this would give everyone a chance to look information with which they might have questions.
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

Mm. I like MY answers better. :D :wink:
Do us a favor Luv, Stick yer 'ead in a bucket a kick it!

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

DeepShadow wrote:
gonzoron wrote:whoa! you totally deserve the win, Catman. quite impressive. What's the golden claw massacre?
That was the Falkovnian invasion of Dorvinia, before it was joined iwth Borca.
ahh... very tricky...
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

Manofevil wrote:Mm. I like MY answers better. :D :wink:
I liked your answers best, too!
I only wish I had retired sooner!
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

28. Who was cursed to exist as both man and plant?
Answer: Gregori Ambermist
Source: Gregori Ambermist Qtr2
Note: We also accepted an answer of "The Green Man" (The Forgotten Children, p. 48 )
Not that it matters, but would you have accepted Wilhem Gruhman from the Vallaki Kargatane, he is a podling after all.
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005
Charney
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Charney »

Just wanted to say I'm glad one question included my Leper Baron :) :D :lol:

Too bad I didn't have time to give the Trivia a try. Stupid real life...
De retour dans les Brumes, enfin!
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Drinnik Shoehorn wrote:Not that it matters, but would you have accepted Wilhem Gruhman from the Vallaki Kargatane, he is a podling after all.
Nobody had used Wilhem Gruhman as an answer, however, we probably would have accepted it if the situation had occured. As long as something could reasonably fill the criteria of the questions, we would have been willing to give credit where credit was due.

Charney wrote:Too bad I didn't have time to give the Trivia a try. Stupid real life...
Maybe next year? 8)
Kel-nage
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Kel-nage »

Catman Jim wrote:I have a different interpretation to the answer to #45
There were actually two people who lost hands to the Glutton in VRGttWD. Nikolas was one, the other was a servant of Christoff. Was that possibly the answer you put, Catman?

(By the way, I'm not some kinda of VRGttWD walking dictionary, I was reading it last night, hence I noticed it)

(Ooohhh... Van Richten's Guide to the Walking Dictionary maybe?)
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

Kel-nage wrote:There were actually two people who lost hands to the Glutton in VRGttWD. Nikolas was one, the other was a servant of Christoff. Was that possibly the answer you put, Catman?

That was it. As Jason said, I was credited with a correct answer for it.
BTW, HOH did finally arrive at my local bookstores this weekend; true to form, always at least two weeks after the release date, (they must come by Amish buggy), so I have now had a peek at the contents. I'm very much looking forward to getting this book.
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

OK, I received the book and award certificate. :D

Check me out here

I read through most of it today, there are quite a few 'veiled' references to Ravenloft, and it is about as close as we are probably going to get in a publication for quite some time to come. If no one beats me to it, I'll write a review of it soon. Thanks again to the Fraternity for sponsoring this contest!
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Catman Jim wrote:Thanks again to the Fraternity for sponsoring this contest!
You're very welcome! And our thanks to both you and everyone who participated in this year's contest. We might have to do something special again next year, and I might look into investing in some more prizes for people who come in second and third place...
Catman Jim wrote:Check me out here
Nice picture by the way 8)