The Official Kargatane Q&A thread

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Willowhugger
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Willowhugger »

It also occurred to me that there might be another child of the Gentleman Caller in the form of Inza. We never know who her father is and yet she's tormented by good deeds.
Stygian Inquirer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Stygian Inquirer »

Dominique wrote:Well, to bring out some skeletons from an old thread . . . :wink: Any way we could get further hints on who the GC's other children were? As I recall, we pegged Malocchio (obviously), the Jongleur, and Gabby's half-brother in Falkovnia whose name I can't recall, but not the other two.
As mentioned earlier in this thread, S is a distinct, if not definite, possibility.
Information seems to come my way whether by chance or by fate, but all this means, is that I have yet to find out what will kill me and why. - The Stygian Inquirer
Willowhugger
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Willowhugger »

Stygian Inquirer wrote:
Dominique wrote:Well, to bring out some skeletons from an old thread . . . :wink: Any way we could get further hints on who the GC's other children were? As I recall, we pegged Malocchio (obviously), the Jongleur, and Gabby's half-brother in Falkovnia whose name I can't recall, but not the other two.
As mentioned earlier in this thread, S is a distinct, if not definite, possibility.
Gennifer and Laurie Weathermay!
Ryan Naylor
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ryan Naylor »

Also, could you maybe tell us what you think of the Weathermay Sisters and their future as heroes in your view/where they are now learning-fame wise?
If it were up to me, I would have written something where something truly horrible happens to them, if only as punishment for biting off more than they can chew. They don't have Van Richten's curse to protect them. Their Nacy Drew stuff would become tiring otherwise.
did the Kargatane had plans to detail the events or at least the results of the major plots presented in the Gaz series (like Hazlik´s ritual, Drakov´s Invasion, etc)?
No. Possibly in an updated campaign setting, should there ever be one. It's always annoyed me that nothing much has happened in 20 years except in Darkon.

They're for your games, not our books.
Any way we could get further hints on who the GC's other children were?
Not off the top of my head.
Was Hyskosa to appear in the Gazetteer series?
Not that I recall.
It also occurred to me that there might be another child of the Gentleman Caller in the form of Inza. We never know who her father is and yet she's tormented by good deeds.
I thought Spectre of the Black Rose implied Gundar was. I could be wrong. I doubt the Vistani (full bloods) would get accidentally involved with fiends.
As mentioned earlier in this thread, S is a distinct, if not definite, possibility (to be a child of the Gentleman Caller).
No.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Dear Kargat and Kargatane,
If you were able to put down Soth's stats for 3.5 edition, what would they be?

IIRC in 2nd edition Soth was a slightly weaker Death knight (strength 18/99 instead of 18/00), and I think that isn't right.
The template of the Death knight in MM II also doesn't fit him well (although it seems right for his 13 riders).
I believe his abilities would be exactly as they were in 2nd edition (power word/fball/ wall of ice/ touch of cold etc). But what about his level?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

alhoon wrote:Dear Kargat and Kargatane,
If you were able to put down Soth's stats for 3.5 edition, what would they be?

IIRC in 2nd edition Soth was a slightly weaker Death knight (strength 18/99 instead of 18/00), and I think that isn't right.
The template of the Death knight in MM II also doesn't fit him well (although it seems right for his 13 riders).
I believe his abilities would be exactly as they were in 2nd edition (power word/fball/ wall of ice/ touch of cold etc). But what about his level?
Soth's got 3rd Ed stats in the Soverign Press "War of the Lance" expansion. He's CR22, IIRC.
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

CR 22? ! ? :shock:
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Post by Tobias Blackburn »

That's the problem with Soth. He's either a descent threat (and then considered too weak) or he's a completely overpowering behemoth. GazIV has a quick sidebar level/template line for him that fits a more Ravenloft powerlevel.
The Remnants have one saying to represent loss, disappearance, exile, and death. It is [i]Shiao Marests[/i], "Taken by The Shadows".
Willowhugger
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Willowhugger »

Tobias Blackburn wrote:That's the problem with Soth. He's either a descent threat (and then considered too weak) or he's a completely overpowering behemoth. GazIV has a quick sidebar level/template line for him that fits a more Ravenloft powerlevel.
Remember in Dragonlance that Soth was the most terrifying non-Dragon in the entire setting.
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

alhoon wrote:CR 22? ! ? :shock:
So? Strahd's CR22 and Soth's a match for him.
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Drinnik Shoehorn wrote:
alhoon wrote:CR 22? ! ? :shock:
So? Strahd's CR22 and Soth's a match for him.
And a few Galen Saga characters would dwarf them! :shock:
Swallow your soul!
Rucht Lilavivat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rucht Lilavivat »

Ryan Naylor wrote:If it were up to me, I would have written something where something truly horrible happens to them, if only as punishment for biting off more than they can chew. They don't have Van Richten's curse to protect them. Their Nacy Drew stuff would become tiring otherwise.
I agree, Ryan.

By the end of Guide to the Mists, you guys will see that something bad does happen.
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Post by Tobias Blackburn »

Rucht Lilavivat wrote:
Ryan Naylor wrote:If it were up to me, I would have written something where something truly horrible happens to them, if only as punishment for biting off more than they can chew. They don't have Van Richten's curse to protect them. Their Nacy Drew stuff would become tiring otherwise.
I agree, Ryan.

By the end of Guide to the Mists, you guys will see that something bad does happen.
Now I really can't wait to get my hands on the document. I guess no one has any idea as to when in September it'll be released.

Any chance they can toss the Turn the Seasons spell in with it?
The Remnants have one saying to represent loss, disappearance, exile, and death. It is [i]Shiao Marests[/i], "Taken by The Shadows".
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

If we could even get the gist as to what the Turn the Season spell was then we could at least come up with a full version of it ourselves ;)

Hmmmm... something nasty happens to the twins... Gennifer is impregnated by a mysterious gentleman caller and Laurie gets an Evil Dead experience of her own with an undead treant? LOL
Swallow your soul!
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Wiccy of the Fraternity wrote:If we could even get the gist as to what the Turn the Season spell was then we could at least come up with a full version of it ourselves ;)

Hmmmm... something nasty happens to the twins... Gennifer is impregnated by a mysterious gentleman caller and Laurie gets an Evil Dead experience of her own with an undead treant? LOL
Or simply, we find out what Gennifer's trigger is.