My own Ravenloft Campaign

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Gorthaur
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Gorthaur »

Well, the download doesn't work for the sessions 10-12. Can anyone of the Fraternity please fix it!!! TNXs
The Abhorred
Gorthaur
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Gorthaur »

Now, that I have read the sessions 9-12, I must say Brother Sammael earned his Path into Darkness. The story unfolds very nice and everything points back to Potter's Field.
What became of him? Got the mists their share (like Darien)? Or escaped the good priest from prison?
The Abhorred
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Wow, some very interesting turns of events. I didn't predict Samael's fall coming quite so fast. Nice to see at least some worry from Scott about what's going on back home!

Did Sameal's player leave the game or did he come back with a new character?
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Jennifer
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Jennifer »

Hi all,
My aren't you curious Gorthaur and Gonzoron, you'll just have to wait until next week when I have written up teh next set of sessions for you

Jennifer
The Nightmare Man
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Nightmare Man »

Good stuff. I'm impressed.

I'm joining in with Gorthaur and Gonzoron. I want to know what happens next...
"When she embraces
Your heart turns to stone
She comes at night when you are all alone
And when she whispers
Your blood shall run cold
You better hide before she finds you"
-- [i]Ice Queen[/i], Within Temptation
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Hooray! Finally back in Potter's field. I like the mysterious pregnancies plot. Very creepy. Surprised to see Samael back so soon, and also suprised to see him up to his old tricks. It's bizarre, you've given him every prod and poke to turn back. Dreams, miracles, good role models, direct orders, opportunities to do good. Nothing works!

Also, I just realized a major irony: He is disdainful of women, and can't bear to see them in positions of power above him... and yet claims to worship a female diety???? So odd.

For a minute there with the silver weapons, it started to feel like a side-quest from an RPG videogame. (Get the silver to give to the dwarf, to make the weapons, to show the twins, so you can go get the werewolf...) But I'm glad the church intervened. :)

I love the trouble making familiar... very cool. As soon as he came back with the wand, I knew trouble was coming. :)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Brother Samael is truly wicked (begging the twins for cash, conflict with Tara Kolyana, idea of borrowing silver candlesticks from the Cathedral of Ezra and melt and reshape them into weapons??? OMG).

The similar conception date for the women of Potter's Field is indeed chilling, I really look forward to see the solution to this enigma.

Scott's love is finished? a twist I didn't see coming. Interesting roleplay opportunity for this player :)

Joël
Gorthaur
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Gorthaur »

Well, I like to see Sessions 16-22 Jennifer Revelations!!! :twisted:
The Abhorred
Jennifer
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Jennifer »

Hi all,
It is so nice to see all these enthusiastic reactions to my campaign. Thankfully my players are also very happy with all I can come up with.

Brother Samael was truly getting on my nerves. Ever since the episode with michelle Grennol he was totally out of control. I have never despised a character more. Very good of the player Filip to really get involved in the character. In the next sessions I try to bring him back under control by bringing in someone who will (hopefully) impress him.

The pregnancies plot was indeed somewhat creepy to the players as well.

Scott and his one true love seems to be finished, but you can never know what will happen to the poor and hapless characters under my cruel guidance.

Jennifer
Gorthaur
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Gorthaur »

Wow, what a nice happening at the end! Samael mauled by a werewolf (undoubtely infected by lycanthrophy I hope!) and blackskinned as the best drow. Scott's full moon nights as a wolf and Raven's secret revealed at last!

I yearn to hear more of this damned group. Accian the Arcanist seems to be the only normal person in the group, or do you have something special for him too??
The Abhorred
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Nah, Accian's the tattletale, that looks like it will get him in trouble soon enough. Laurent seems like the "normal" one.

Nice resolution to the Harun plot. I like the misdirection of the Incubus/Doppelganger confusion. Verrrrry Brave (or stupid) of Raven to test her theory alone on herself.

Early on I hoped that Samael would see the light and work out his redemption. Now I just want to see him pay. He's become thoroughly despicable and I love it. "we get paid by the day"??? Begging for armor while getting yelled at by the Bastion??? what a delightful slime...

It looks like the party gets in a lot of arguments. Is this a problem between the players or are they comfortable enough with roleplaying disagreement while not taking it personally? I noticed you mentioned one point where the session broke down. How do you handle that? (In party disagreements are one place I have trouble mediating myself.)
The Nightmare Man
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Nightmare Man »

Jennifer wrote:Scott and his one true love seems to be finished, but you can never know what will happen to the poor and hapless characters under my cruel guidance.
Oooh! I was expecting it, but still I'm saddened to hear it confirmed.

The possibility for future happenings though, under your "cruel guidance" as you say, intrigues me. Any possible hints that something may be coming up?
"When she embraces
Your heart turns to stone
She comes at night when you are all alone
And when she whispers
Your blood shall run cold
You better hide before she finds you"
-- [i]Ice Queen[/i], Within Temptation
Jennifer
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Jennifer »

Hi all,
I have said it before, and I will say it again, it is very nice to see that this campaign is so popular here.

I still have many things planned for the future of Potter's Field and it several inhabitants. As it is the home of a large part of the party, they will always be connected to it and will periodically return there.

On the Incubus, strangely enough the party read the diary, knew about a incubus on the loose, killed a doppelganger and stopped worrying about an incubus on the loose. Very strange, this party seems to stop thinking about the world around them as soon as they have killed something.

Like Gonzoron I too hoped for the redemption of Brother Samael, but when he never mentioned Michelle again after he returned from the prison, I knew he was beyond redemption. He never was really in love her and he betrayed all his tenets for a moment of infatuation. Such shallowness can not go together with a dedicated priest.

The party gets into a lot of arguments, luckily they are mature enough to leave it at the playing table and not let it bother them outside it, but it is a bit boring for me when five people want to decide democratically and vocally what to do about something.
As I said, on occassion it turns into a sort of soap, or talkshow. I usually let it runs its course, as arguments due to differing worldviews on a certain situation will keep cropping up, so it is better to have one argument with a final decision. Sometimes I must be firm and force everyone to state their opinion clearly and present some arguments for it, such as their alignement, earlier experiences and assignments. Then it usually resolvesitself rather quickly.

Now that the werewolf story arc has played it self out (mostly) the focus of the campaign will shift and it will shift towards Accian, and boy do I have something special planned for him. Reread the introduction for some hints.

Until next time
Jennifer
Gorthaur
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Gorthaur »

So, it's nice to read something from your campaign, Jennifer. But - I see that the party is heavily railroaded by your actions. I have learned, that railroading an experienced party can be trouble to the campaign ideas, when the players do not want their characters pressed into a direction.

Now you are planning to lead the pc's into Castle Ravenloft?? In level 5?? You mentioned that the party is now stronger to overcome some troubles, but this is something to hard to overcome...
The Abhorred
Gorthaur
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Gorthaur »

Hey ho!

So the next parts of your campaign look like everyone in the group is in the grip of the mists :D

It's nice to see how Scott falls from grace with the dreaded disease.
Demjana tries to manipulate (successfully) everyone around her, and Accian stumbles over his eager familiar *rubhands* Nice, very nice to read!

Let's hope this was the last...
The Abhorred