Info on Brujahs

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Hell_Born
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Info on Brujahs

Post by Hell_Born »

Short, simple question; I know that Brujahs are hags in Ravenloft who have been redeemed, but where can I find information on them? I know they're mentioned in Van Richten's Guide to the Witch, but are there any other sources? In particular, did Brujahs make the transition to 3rd edition in either a netbook or an official sourcebook?
"Is there any word more meaningless than 'hope'? Besides 'blarfurgsnarg,' of course."

"Seek and Locate! Locate and Destroy! Destroy and Rejoice!"
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Info on Brujahs

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

1) It's Bruja. (not to be a pedant, but to help you find info on them better)
2) They first appeared in RLMCIII in 2e, that's probably the best source on them.
3) They got 3e stats in Denizens of Dread, but aren't too exciting. Just monstrous humainoids with a few spell like abilities.

It's mainly for flavor reasons that you'd use one. they fill the "creepy but wise old hag at the edge of town" niche without being evil.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Hell_Born
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Hell_Born »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:1) It's Bruja. (not to be a pedant, but to help you find info on them better)
2) They first appeared in RLMCIII in 2e, that's probably the best source on them.
3) They got 3e stats in Denizens of Dread, but aren't too exciting. Just monstrous humainoids with a few spell like abilities.

It's mainly for flavor reasons that you'd use one. they fill the "creepy but wise old hag at the edge of town" niche without being evil.
Thank you, Gonzoron. And yeah, they're also mentioned in a sidebar in Van Richten's Guide to the Witch. I wonder what a good 5eifiation of them would be...
"Is there any word more meaningless than 'hope'? Besides 'blarfurgsnarg,' of course."

"Seek and Locate! Locate and Destroy! Destroy and Rejoice!"
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DeepShadow of FoS »

My wife played a hag going through the change in the Awakenings campaign, and she opted to buck her nature and her mentor and become a bruja. Very emotional plot arc.
The Avariel has borrowed wings,
The Puppeteer must cut the strings
The Orphan Queen must take the throne
The Queen of Orphans calls them home